REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   REVscene Motorsports (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-motorsports_26/)
-   -   drifting places (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660666-drifting-places.html)

anti-vip 01-03-2012 07:52 PM

drifting places

Im lil bit interested in getting into drifting scene, but i never drifted in my life and im just wondering where are the areas/places where i can practice or learn how to drift?...is there a school for drifting in lower mainland?..no parking lots, im not interested in getting anybody hurt...thanks

Bahhbeehhaaaa 01-05-2012 10:39 AM

get ready to

http://thediningguy.com/wp-content/u...ey_burning.jpg

and a friend of mine went to drifting school, i'll pm u for more details

CorneringArtist 01-05-2012 01:17 PM

One of the local (well, Okanagan-based) grassroots teams is holding a one-day school event out in Penticton around March or April.

rJZx 01-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow_3fe (Post 7748385)
Im lil bit interested in getting into drifting scene, but i never drifted in my life and im just wondering where are the areas/places where i can practice or learn how to drift?...is there a school for drifting in lower mainland?..no parking lots, im not interested in getting anybody hurt...thanks

:suspicious:

As long as you arent trying to be DK drifting in public places you're pretty much never gonna hit anyone

jackal 01-21-2012 02:47 AM

the reason drifting is so expensive for the gvrd is because there is NOTHING local. if you can't cross the border then you'll end up in penticton. the closest track is evergree in monroe the best beginner track is bremerton which is just west of seattle.

penticton speedway - 4.5 hours
evergreen - 2 hours
bremerton - 2.75 hours
western speedway (vancouver island) 45 min drive, 1.5 hour ferry, $200 in ferry costs. 250 each way with a trailered car

welcome to my world

AlexT1 02-15-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 7769490)
the reason drifting is so expensive for the gvrd is because there is NOTHING local. if you can't cross the border then you'll end up in penticton. the closest track is evergree in monroe the best beginner track is bremerton which is just west of seattle.

penticton speedway - 4.5 hours
evergreen - 2 hours
bremerton - 2.75 hours
western speedway (vancouver island) 45 min drive, 1.5 hour ferry, $200 in ferry costs. 250 each way with a trailered car

welcome to my world

Thanks!

iwbtib 02-16-2012 05:33 PM

Agassiz Speedway has a few drifting events in the spring/summer. It's under an hour and a half drive from downtown & doesn't require a ferry ride, drive to the interior or trip across the boarder. I guess it's not well known here on RS so hope this helps out others as well! (Agassiz is just across the Fraser River from Bridal Falls, Chilliwack). I'm sure if RG had enough interest they could even host an event there for drifting.

Agassiz, BC - GoogleMaps

Agassiz Speedway 2.0

jackal 02-20-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwbtib (Post 7799163)
Agassiz Speedway has a few drifting events in the spring/summer. It's under an hour and a half drive from downtown & doesn't require a ferry ride, drive to the interior or trip across the boarder. I guess it's not well known here on RS so hope this helps out others as well! (Agassiz is just across the Fraser River from Bridal Falls, Chilliwack). I'm sure if RG had enough interest they could even host an event there for drifting.

Agassiz, BC - GoogleMaps

Agassiz Speedway 2.0

and the reason its not on my list is b/c it's REALLY not suited to beginners. its very narrow with walls on both sides. there are A LOT of beginners that wreck there. plus it's boring. its just an oval. you can't run the infield like you can at evergreen or western or penticton.

CanadianJoker 02-21-2012 10:59 AM

March 11th is a cellblock D event at Agassiz, like Jackel said its not really for beginners. There is generally 2 cars per event that don't drive home...
If you can cross the boarder head down to evergreen or bemberton, they are the absolute best to learn at.

Ps. Hi Marc!
Posted via RS Mobile

Edit: First Evergreen open drift is march 17th.

jackal 02-23-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianJoker (Post 7804208)
March 11th is a cellblock D event at Agassiz, like Jackel said its not really for beginners. There is generally 2 cars per event that don't drive home...
If you can cross the boarder head down to evergreen or bemberton, they are the absolute best to learn at.

Ps. Hi Marc!
Posted via RS Mobile

Edit: First Evergreen open drift is march 17th.

shhhhhh. who's marc?

btw you know that josh guy? he needs to take more pictures of my car this year :fuckyea:

aktan6 02-29-2012 03:20 AM

drft

i start on roads :) first try driftin every corners :fuckyea:

GabAlmighty 02-29-2012 05:36 AM

Good beginner info in here, thanks. Once the volvo's on the road I'd like to get in a few days before I leave in May.

jackal 02-29-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aktan6 (Post 7813897)
i start on roads :) first try driftin every corners :fuckyea:

i love seing the parking lot/street heros fall on their faces at the track. it's a whole different ball game when racing line and clipping points are actually important. anyone can do donuts in a parking lot.

TjAlmeida 02-29-2012 05:29 PM

At the track is it beginner friendly, or do people just hate on the new people. Never drifted, just curious.
Posted via RS Mobile

jackal 03-01-2012 03:23 PM

super beginner friendly. drifters in general are really chill. we're there to have fun. this isn't some bs auto-x where people bitch about mods and classes.

PandaFit 03-11-2012 11:52 PM

Annacis island is great for it! lol