REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Campus Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/campus-forum_20/)
-   -   Student Loan Question. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660919-student-loan-question.html)

Ron_Swanson 01-07-2012 11:06 PM

Student Loan Question.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody received their student loan?
I am currently enrolled in Langara right now, and I did not enroll in the fall semester or any post-secondary school. I learned that now there is a new system on how to apply for a student loan (I have applied before).
A friend of mine told me that you need to sign a blue form before applying for the loan online.

I did not know this! I started school on Wednesday and have not yet received the loan.
The wired thing is when I went on the student aid bc website, I checked my status and it said It was Approved

So... What are my options now?

MindBomber 01-07-2012 11:23 PM

You don't need to sign a form before applying for a loan online, however, you do need to sign and send in a MSFAA before the loan will be deposited into your account. The MSFAA will be mailed to you, you sign it, then take it to a Canada Post location where it will be processed and sent to the National Student Loan Service Center. The MSFAA must be processed at the NSLSC before the funds are deposited into your account, regardless of the earliest available deposit date listed student aid bc the deposit will not happen until that's done.

Ron_Swanson 01-07-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7753742)
You don't need to sign a form before applying for a loan online, however, you do need to sign and send in a MSFAA before the loan will be deposited into your account. The MSFAA will be mailed to you, you sign it, then take it to a Canada Post location where it will be processed and sent to the National Student Loan Service Center. The MSFAA must be processed at the NSLSC before the funds are deposited into your account, regardless of the earliest available deposit date listed student aid bc the deposit will not happen until that's done.

Hey,

so I just wait for the MSFAA form to come in? I applied and mailed my Declaration on the 13 of December, 2011. hmm... maybe i should go to the financial aid office on Monday for more answers. Oh, and is StudentAid the only place to receive the MSFAA form?
Thanks for your help!

MindBomber 01-07-2012 11:40 PM

I received my MSFAA shortly after receiving the assessment letter from Student Aid BC, it was a separate letter I believe. Once I received and sent the form it was processed and the funds were deposited within ten days, really quick.

Having to send it in is a one time thing, once they have the information it transfers over to all future loans.

Ron_Swanson 01-07-2012 11:43 PM

Thank you very much man, I appreciate it!

Fappin 01-08-2012 02:38 PM

If you also applied for student loans for the fall semester, you do not need to sign the MSFAA again. The loans will automatically be deposited into your bank (or paid to your school). I received my loans a few days ago.

Also the BC loans are to be issued around March. I find this pretty retarded because I apply for loans to survive the semester financially. This beats the purpose if half the loans are to be issued at the end of the semester.

Not really racist! 01-08-2012 03:56 PM

Nub question, can you pay your student loans back anytime you want? Like the end of a semester? or does it all have to be paid at the end of your studying

Fappin 01-08-2012 04:21 PM

You should be able to fully pay it off whenever you want.

mb_ 01-13-2012 08:15 PM

I don't wanna hijack the thread but didn't want to make a new one.

Let's say I get approved for something completely different (program, school, semester, etc) but I decide to use it for another school/semester/program. Would I have to notify StudentAid or can I just use it for whatever? Will pay it off of course.

MindBomber 01-13-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 7760053)
I don't wanna hijack the thread but didn't want to make a new one.

Let's say I get approved for something completely different (program, school, semester, etc) but I decide to use it for another school/semester/program. Would I have to notify StudentAid or can I just use it for whatever? Will pay it off of course.

Once the funds are in your possession the responsibility of managing them is entirely your own, whether you pay the current semesters tuition them or anothers shouldn't be any issue.

Simplex123 03-13-2012 01:05 PM

Just a quick question about the student loan application.
I came across this question and am a little confused: Have you ever cashed a Canada Student Loan? (if FULLY repaid, mark NO)

What does it mean to cash a loan? My previous loan is just sitting in my bank.

MindBomber 03-13-2012 02:16 PM

Cashed, as in cashing a cheque, which was automatically done for you through the direct deposit system.

Simplex123 03-13-2012 02:21 PM

Thanks!