REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Papa John's Employee Calls Woman 'Lady Chinky Eyes' on Receipt (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661020-papa-johns-employee-calls-woman-lady-chinky-eyes-receipt.html)

Harvey Specter 01-09-2012 06:05 PM

Papa John's Employee Calls Woman 'Lady Chinky Eyes' on Receipt

How stupid can some employees be...like seriously.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xZ0...0108_wmain.jpg

Quote:

Papa John's has apologized after an employee typed a racial slur on a receipt to a customer Friday at one of its locations in New York City.

Minhee Cho posted an image of the receipt on Twitter, which called her "lady chinky eyes."

"Hey @ PapaJohns just FYI my name isn't 'lady chinky eyes,'" Cho tweeted.

The image went viral, and many tweeted complaints to Papa John's, such as "Your employees are your brand."

Papa John's replied to many complaints via Twitter, noting that the employee was being fired.

"We are very upset by recent receipt issue in New York & sincerely apologize to our customer. Franchise employee involved is being terminated," Papa John's tweeted.

This isn't the first time a restaurant has come under fire over employees using racial or ethnic slurs on receipts.

Last month, a cashier at a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Irvine, Calif., was fired after allegedly mocking Asian-American customers, ABC News Los Angeles station KABC-TV reported.

The cashier reportedly used "Ching" and "Chong" in the customer identification line on the receipts.

Photos of those receipts have also gone viral online.

In a written statement, a representative for the fast-food chain told KABC that "the individual clearly violated our operating standards."

"The matter was addressed and discussed immediately with the guests on the spot; and a confirmation was provided that the employee was immediately dismissed for the individual behavior," the statement said.

Hondaracer 01-09-2012 06:07 PM

this is news? :/

b0unce. [?] 01-09-2012 06:08 PM

ching chong ling long ting tong whothefuckcares

achiam 01-09-2012 06:09 PM

The true crime here is ordering Papa John's for pizza in Manhattan.

sindragon 01-09-2012 06:22 PM

new york? do not care really....

if it was vancouver on the other hand.... thread would have 10 pages by now

Mr.Money 01-09-2012 06:43 PM

ahh,this is nothing,America's more fucked up then this then racist name calling...

StylinRed 01-09-2012 08:03 PM

did anyone else read her name as "Mini Ho" ?

TRDood 01-09-2012 08:05 PM

Couple weeks ago I went to Champs at Metro near the food court looking for a D Rose jersey. I asked the sales rep and he said "All the flipinos beat you to it man!"

:seriously:

I am Chinese. Wasn't really offended but surprised that an employee would say such a thing.
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 01-09-2012 08:06 PM

No.

twitchyzero 01-09-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7755788)
Couple weeks ago I went to Champs at Metro near the food court looking for a D Rose jersey. I asked the sales rep and he said "All the flipinos beat you to it man!"

:seriously:

I am Chinese. Wasn't really offended but surprised that an employee would say such a thing.

not exactly professional but i wouldn't write it up as a racist remark.

If the lady chinky eyes story happened to me i'd probably laugh at the employee...if they are gonna diss me at least get it right..i'm Korean (judging from the last name Cho)

2damaxmr2 01-09-2012 09:49 PM

I ror'd

JesseBlue 01-09-2012 09:57 PM

nice news la...

The7even 01-09-2012 10:33 PM

Being racist against asians is as effective as a black person calling a white man a cracker.

It does nothing. It's not like China isn't going to take over the world anyway , soon PapaJohns guy is gonna be working for a chingy dingy boss.