REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
A
G
M
R
Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #52

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
c: this ones easy. larger wheels (higher radius) need to turn/spin faster to keep up with the smaller radius ones. simple angular velocity problem.
This couldn't be more wrong.

Imagine wheel A with diameter d, and wheel B with diameter 2d.

To go a distance of d, wheel A turns once, whereas B only makes a half turn. Therefore, wheel A is turning faster than wheel B!

You're applying angular velocity to the wrong problem.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #53
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
think of gears............
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #54
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

But if they are all moving at the same time, like a truck with one big wheel and one small wheel moving at 1km an hour, won't they be moving at the same speed? It's not saying which one goes around faster, just which one moves faster.

I don't know, I don't remember much from physics class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

AGMR

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 AM   #56
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Strong thread copy from misc.

and supposedly the real answer is not AGMR, hold up.

here u go:
c: this ones easy. larger wheels (higher radius) need to turn/spin faster to keep up with the smaller radius ones. simple angular velocity problem.
f: all the ships are the same, except some are more submerged than others. the one that is submerged the least has the highest load since it needs the largest buoyancy force to keep it afloat so high.
n: triangles. they have unique properties (some type of geometric properties, i forget exactly) that make it very difficult for the water to break it.
q: since the key with the smaller handle is closer to the rotating shaft, it will require less effort - pretty simple.

theres actually a lot of solid arguments on different variations of answers also
Are you in or ed?

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #57
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

A G M R
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #58
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
A
G
M
R
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
how do you guys get M for an answer.... or u guys are just copying/pasting each other. I do not see how it is the answer@!!!
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #60
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by armin.vanb View Post
1 MINUTE ONLY - NO CHEATING !!! - post your answers below

A - Smaller wheel faster rotation
G - Lowest in water
M - Point of contact diverges water pressure
P - The handle that is the biggest is to big, and with a stiff lock it will break, so I choose the 3rd largest handle which has the best grip/strength ratio
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cressydrift View Post
P - The handle that is the biggest is to big, and with a stiff lock it will break, so I choose the 3rd largest handle which has the best grip/strength ratio
It's assumed that the key won't break. Leave out the factor of it breaking
The question's just asking which key would be the easiest to turn
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #62
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
heres my understanding of the questions
1) a, smallest wheel = smallest circumference, if comparing to C, the circumference is far greater than a, so to a set variable of distance, a would have to turn faster in order to cover the set distance compared to C and other options

2) the key term is identical ships, and the only variable is load. thus all else equal, the one that sits the lowest on the water line = the one is closer to displacing the same amount of water that it occupies. if the load/mass is equal to the displacement of water from the ship, ratio 1:1, then neutral buoyancy is achieved thus, lowest in water is G, because stated in the question is "identical ships".

3) here is an easy experiment, you push ur arms on the side of an entry way, with someone applying force behind you. its much easier to hold that force back than if you were pulling with ur arms from the entry arch way. in essence, this basically an arch. instead of pressure and force of the water it is holding back, think gravity.

4) turning requires TORQUE, torque = force x distance. distance from the center of the key to the outer edge of the handle more distance assuming you have a set amount of force = more torque. example, think of a screw driver, whats easier to turn or loosen a stuck screw, a dinky little screw driver, or one with a huge ass handle? or a standard 6in ratchet over a 2ft breaker bar.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
4) turning requires TORQUE, torque = force x distance. distance from the center of the key to the outer edge of the handle more distance assuming you have a set amount of force = more torque. example, think of a screw driver, whats easier to turn or loosen a stuck screw, a dinky little screw driver, or one with a huge ass handle? or a standard 6in ratchet over a 2ft breaker bar.
Best explanation for #4.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #64
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

agmr
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
heres my understanding of the questions
1) a, smallest wheel = smallest circumference, if comparing to C, the circumference is far greater than a, so to a set variable of distance, a would have to turn faster in order to cover the set distance compared to C and other options

2) the key term is identical ships, and the only variable is load. thus all else equal, the one that sits the lowest on the water line = the one is closer to displacing the same amount of water that it occupies. if the load/mass is equal to the displacement of water from the ship, ratio 1:1, then neutral buoyancy is achieved thus, lowest in water is G, because stated in the question is "identical ships".

3) here is an easy experiment, you push ur arms on the side of an entry way, with someone applying force behind you. its much easier to hold that force back than if you were pulling with ur arms from the entry arch way. in essence, this basically an arch. instead of pressure and force of the water it is holding back, think gravity.
1. all 4 wheels " turn " at the same rate since they're on the same vehicle, it's not asking for which wheel makes the most " rotations ", hence they're all equal

2. you're not taking into account the buoyancy and the ballasts. ever wonder why cargo ships with a lot of cargo still sit relatively "high" in the water? It's because they increase their buoyancy with air in their ballasts.

3. You didn't take into account the slope/gradient.
bobbyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
LOL everybody's over-analyzing the questions; just assume that there are no factors involved
it's a simple 1-minute test that exercises your ability to judge
it's not like you'd be able to do all those calculations in the allotted time anyways lol

I still believe in AGMR
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #67
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

fair enough, but if your arguement was true for #1, then i would never see a customer come in complaining about the abs light, tmps trigger on, and customers complaining how their speedo is now out of sink with their gps speed due to aftermarket wheels with oversized or undersized tires. overall diameter is greater on the wheel = greater circumference. cars abs/wheel speed sensor is now calculating the difference, so it thinks the car has a flat, hence trigger the tpms error to turn on.

2, wont argue with you on that, as i didnt take into account ballasts inflated air, so yes, i will actually agree with you on this one.

3, there is only so much information provided from a 2 dimensional drawing. nor was their a structural integrity test and examination over the structure. either way, it should still be strong to house megatron if the time is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhill View Post
1. all 4 wheels " turn " at the same rate since they're on the same vehicle, it's not asking for which wheel makes the most " rotations ", hence they're all equal

2. you're not taking into account the buoyancy and the ballasts. ever wonder why cargo ships with a lot of cargo still sit relatively "high" in the water? It's because they increase their buoyancy with air in their ballasts.

3. You didn't take into account the slope/gradient.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #68
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
The thing about over-analyzing is that the questions themselves were poorly made.

There are many things that depend on them. The answer for 4 for example, if one make absolute 0 assumption on how the key is being turned (the point where the force is applied, how is it applied... etc) , none of them are correct answer.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #69

Since people STILL aren't getting the first one, I made this to help you visualize:

Now picture the tractor moving, and all wheels spinning. How many times do you think the white line reaches that position on the small wheel before it does on the largest wheel?

Now remember, the line goes all the way to the hub.

So the smaller a wheel is, the faster it turns.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #70
Banned (ABWS)

^ but the axles rotate the same since they're from the same vehicle, so essentially they "turn" at the same rate. this isn't in regards to the total # of "rotations" it makes. they all equally " turn " at the same rate.
bobbyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #71

The axles with the smaller wheels on them will turn faster

If you still don't get it after that visualization then I don't know what to say
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #72
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

they dont turn at the same rate b/c the smaller one needs to turn faster to make up for the distance b/c its smaller. so to keep the tractor going at 10 km/h the smaller one needs to turn faster
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #73
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

if your argument is true, then having 2 tires of completely different sizes will not affect vehicle speed?

there would be no point in transmissions, and gear ratio's as they would all rotate at the same speed no matter what size they are.

think of it this way, a large dog strides along easily during a walk, while a small little dog has to frantically run faster to keep at the same pace, why? because for every large step of the long legs of the larger breed dog, requires the itty bitty dog to take 10 small steps. the rotation of the longer leg, allows for a longer circumference thus, a longer stride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhill View Post
^ but the axles rotate the same since they're from the same vehicle, so essentially they "turn" at the same rate. this isn't in regards to the total # of "rotations" it makes. they all equally " turn " at the same rate.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #74

Looks like the answer to thread subject "How smart is REVSCENE" is one of the following:

a) not very smart
b) too smart for itself
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #75
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

A-G-M-R
jplus is offline   Reply With Quote