REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Note to self: Do not take Metrobus in DC (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661408-note-self-do-not-take-metrobus-dc.html)

lowside67 01-16-2012 05:05 PM

Note to self: Do not take Metrobus in DC

Pretty incredible... all of the Metrobuses are required to run full time video recording and have to freely give away incriminating videos as necessary under the freedom of information act!

Lots of pretty unbelievable negligence on the part of the drivers!
Metrobus cameras capture shocking collisions, near-misses - WTOP.com

If you are sensitive, you shouldn't watch the very first video "Pedestrian Hit"... it is clear that person got absolutely hammered.

Buses are hard to stop or turn... be safe out there, keep your eyes open!

Mark

dinosaur 01-16-2012 05:12 PM

:ahwow:

Thats intense!

achiam 01-16-2012 05:12 PM

On-board recording cameras are so cheap and in near HD quality these days -- do VPD/RCMP vehicles all have rolling cameras? That way they'd be 100% accountable for shit and it'd cover their backs too for pull-overs etc.

GabAlmighty 01-16-2012 05:16 PM

So that's why they're always in such bad moods...

GabAlmighty 01-16-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achiam (Post 7763448)
On-board recording cameras are so cheap and in near HD quality these days -- do VPD/RCMP vehicles all have rolling cameras? That way they'd be 100% accountable for shit and it'd cover their backs too for pull-overs etc.

:awwyeah:

achiam 01-16-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 7763459)
:awwyeah:

lol ya man, like what you see on COPS, where there's a dashboard cam

drunkrussian 01-16-2012 06:23 PM

dc's fucked up in general

man that's some gta type shit tho

Razor Ramon HG 01-16-2012 06:24 PM

Man, these bus drivers are fucking horrible.

BaoTurbo 01-16-2012 06:28 PM

And I thought Richmond was pretty bad with the hard braking and stuff....

lungfish23 01-16-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achiam (Post 7763448)

Nope. Some cars do but not all. I asked my vpd friend and he said the officers driving those specific cars have specific training before they are allowed to drive those cars.
Posted via RS Mobile

GabAlmighty 01-16-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lungfish23 (Post 7763602)
Nope. Some cars do but not all. I asked my vpd friend and he said the officers driving those specific cars have specific training before they are allowed to drive those cars.
Posted via RS Mobile

Training on how to conceal their actions from the camera...

Kinda fucked up when you think about it though eh?

TheKingdom2000 01-16-2012 08:35 PM

I have now been in Toronto for two years now taking their public transit system.
I also run a day camp out of marpole during the summer months and in my experience the Vancouver buses are far superior to those of Toronto.

The driving skill is about the same, but our Vancouver buses have better braking and suspension. I am comparing Vancouver old buses to Toronto old buses and new buses to new buses...

I guess the company that supplies our Vancouver buses are of higher quality.