REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, & Security Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/audio-video-security-tech_10/)
-   -   Sub doesn't work unless doors are slammed.... lolwtf (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661489-sub-doesnt-work-unless-doors-slammed-lolwtf.html)

Jgresch 01-17-2012 07:11 PM

Sub doesn't work unless doors are slammed.... lolwtf

Friend of mine is asking for help over facebook.... Here are the symptons of the trouble she is having....

The subwoofer won't play even if the car is on, until the rear doors are slammed :S

The sub doesn't cut otu over bumps or anything, and will continue working until the car is off.

She has a stock deck and speakers so I'm assuming a line-out converter.

Thats all I really got... I will probably go look on the weekend, but until then any guesses?

Also Mike I told her I will probably just send her to you

Lowered_Klass 01-17-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7765165)

Also Mike I told her I will probably just send her to you

Does she realize what kind of 'payment' is required at SoundsGood? :troll:

... I had to learn the hard way :ratedb:

:D

NLY 01-17-2012 07:54 PM

Could be a poor ground or remote wire?

Check the amp and all the terminals.

Jgresch 01-17-2012 08:09 PM

Will be checking the ground and remote for sure. Remote was my first guess. The install was done by Diamond Stereo in maple ridge, from what I know theyre an okay shop and shouldnt screw up a basic sub/amp install.

Also she mentioned she brought it back there and they wanted to charge he $70 to try adding something on, but they weren't sure if it would help.... she forgets what it was they wanted to try though..

NLY 01-17-2012 08:12 PM

Yeah just go through all the wiring from the deck to the amp and sub. Don't forget to check the battery terminal and the fuse. Sometimes it just a loose wire somewhere in between but the fact it works when the door is slammed seems like a poor remote/ground connection.

orgasm_donor 01-17-2012 08:17 PM

Thats insane that they would charge her more to fix a problem that they should be addressing. Would it not be under warranty?

Either way I would be happy to look at it for her. I am sure I will have a solution. :)

Jgresch 01-17-2012 08:23 PM

Yea I dunno, I assumed it would be too but thats what they told her.

I'll have a quick peek at it, and when I can't find the problem I'll just send her your way.

cruz-in 01-19-2012 10:17 AM

double ditto on bad ground.

i have actually seen people loosen a bolt for a ground but forget to tighten it before they put everything back.

GAGA 01-23-2012 12:42 AM

ground