REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #276
Need to Seek Professional Help

<-revs
Advertisement
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #277
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
@ilovebacon : yup lol but this was about 2 years ago when my plan started..so maybe its cheaper now iuno

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #278
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Hollar, been a member there for awhile now.
core studio checking in
Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #279
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
I wish i could just open up my own gym and totally make it like what people would want it to be.

Nice open area with ag least 5 squat racks. Olympic platform area with bumper plates, NO phaggots allowed, and those that are sensitive to heavy deadlifting can gtfo. Dumbbells that go up to 150 lb, tons of plates everywhere so ppl dont have to walk across the gym to get 45lb plate, swimming pool, tan room, sauna room all included.
Posted via RS Mobile
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #280
I am Hook'd on RS

^ & RS member discount?

TheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #281
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
I wish i could just open up my own gym and totally make it like what people would want it to be.

Nice open area with ag least 5 squat racks. Olympic platform area with bumper plates, NO phaggots allowed, and those that are sensitive to heavy deadlifting can gtfo. Dumbbells that go up to 150 lb, tons of plates everywhere so ppl dont have to walk across the gym to get 45lb plate, swimming pool, tan room, sauna room all included.
Posted via RS Mobile
lets do it!
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #282
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Is it me or is Gold's Gym Richmond losing members. Gym is always so empty!
StutteR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #283
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
I'd pay more for that. I hate it how most gyms only have one power rack
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #284

So I found out that my community centre gym has recently banned deadlifts.

I'm thinking about joining the Gold's at UBC. Despite the bad press on the location, I heard that management changed not so long ago. If anyone has opinions on the pricing/overall experience at this Gold's, please post
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #285
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani604 View Post

I'm thinking about joining the Gold's at UBC. Despite the bad press on the location, I heard that management changed not so long ago. If anyone has opinions on the pricing/overall experience at this Gold's, please post
which community centre?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #286
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:

So this is really what it boils down too eh? Which gym is this?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #287
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'm going to the YMCA near 152nd....it seems like it's super busy all the time though. Anyone go to this place and know when the deadtimes are?
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #288
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechako87 View Post
I'm going to the YMCA near 152nd....it seems like it's super busy all the time though. Anyone go to this place and know when the deadtimes are?
I go there along with the BCIT gym. But yea that YMCA is busy on the weekdays 4pm-9pm. Weekends are usually 10am-2pm.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
which community centre?
Quote:
So this is really what it boils down too eh? Which gym is this?
This is at the Dunbar Community Centre. I was told by a fitness attendant that the ladies (not necessarily cardio bunny age) felt scared around people "huffing and puffing" while doing deadlifts. There were also complaints about noise. The vast majority of people against deadlifts are the ones who usually do pure cardio (nothing against this) while talking to other people at the same time with loud volumed voices. It's quite disappointing.

My gym membership lasts until the end of the year, so I'll probably sneak in deadlift days in the late evenings or early mornings.

I'm looking for alternatives right now. Did more research on Gold's Gym at UBC and it seems like problems still exist.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #290
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
See the problem is that you will go out of business. Sure everyone says they'd support a gym like that, but the reality is that most gyms make their money off the people who buy passes and never show up. All those people who show up in Jan and leave by March are the ones that are subsidizing your gym experience.

Run the numbers if you don't believe me.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #291
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Mount Please Community Center, it's old, but I always get a great workout there
ryeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #292
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
See the problem is that you will go out of business. Sure everyone says they'd support a gym like that, but the reality is that most gyms make their money off the people who buy passes and never show up. All those people who show up in Jan and leave by March are the ones that are subsidizing your gym experience.

Yeah thats definetly a given. That was just me fantasizing that such a gym would even exist haha. It's the reason why there isn't such a gym in BC in the first place. The bigger the demographic you cater to the more profit you can generate or so it seems with the gyms here in van. You don't see alot of the more hardcore gyms like powerhouse gym that you see south of the border...

If such a gym does exist tho, id be the first guy in line for a gym membership
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #293
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
This is at the Dunbar Community Centre. I was told by a fitness attendant that the ladies (not necessarily cardio bunny age) felt scared around people "huffing and puffing" while doing deadlifts. There were also complaints about noise. The vast majority of people against deadlifts are the ones who usually do pure cardio (nothing against this) while talking to other people at the same time with loud volumed voices. It's quite disappointing.

My gym membership lasts until the end of the year, so I'll probably sneak in deadlift days in the late evenings or early mornings.

I'm looking for alternatives right now. Did more research on Gold's Gym at UBC and it seems like problems still exist.
yeah i hate it when gyms change things here and there without taking into the consideration of the members that actually workout there and pay full year memberships

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #294
RS controls my life!

Laurie's Gym.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #295
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Steve Nash Sports Club is starting to lower prices now that they losing members to Club 16, $599 + tax for 1 year paid upfront, all clubs/gyms and all class access included. The $99 initiation fee, $19 card fee and $39 annual club enhancement fee are permanently waived. Works out to about $55/56 a month, not bad, if my current gym wasn't free I'd sign up.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #296
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Steve Nash Sports Club is starting to lower prices now that they losing members to Club 16, $599 + tax for 1 year paid upfront, all clubs/gyms and all class access included. The $99 initiation fee, $19 card fee and $39 annual club enhancement fee are permanently waived. Works out to about $55/56 a month, not bad, if my current gym wasn't free I'd sign up.
That still isn't even that good, unless you're talking about the one on Granville.
Posted via RS Mobile
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #297
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
oval : pretty good when its slow. pretty bad when its busy

theres total 4 squat racks + 1 half-rack which i never like to use
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #298
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
FITNESS WORLD, all locations!
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #299
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post

It's also a mix of the population of our city and the fact that it's hard to make anything niche here.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #300
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Yeah thats definetly a given. That was just me fantasizing that such a gym would even exist haha. It's the reason why there isn't such a gym in BC in the first place. The bigger the demographic you cater to the more profit you can generate or so it seems with the gyms here in van. You don't see alot of the more hardcore gyms like powerhouse gym that you see south of the border...

If such a gym does exist tho, id be the first guy in line for a gym membership
Posted via RS Mobile
seriously the closest youll get is the YMCA. it's probably one of the best gyms i've ever worked out at. The old people actually respect the heavy lifters... the only issue with the one I went to (langara) was the younger crowd.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote