REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   BC Gov't Fail (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662191-bc-govt-fail.html)

dinosaur 01-30-2012 10:30 AM

BC Gov't Fail

Global BC | B.C. Liberals planned to promote HST with iPad giveaway

:facepalm:

"the pamphlet features a list of the “10 reasons why B.C. is The Best Place on Earth,” including answers like: “we give hope to the world;” “we’re cool;” and “we like bigstuff"

"The government never sent out the pamphlet, shredding all copies not long after having spent $780,000 to have them designed and printed."

I am not intending to start a political party debate...at this point, they all have issues that are "fail" worthy...But, this was just a pure waste of money. I am so tired of our politicians acting like morons...

Mercy 01-30-2012 10:35 AM

didnt somthing else like this recently happen too?
Posted via RS Mobile

DB2-R81 01-30-2012 10:55 AM

Welcome to the puppet club!

Gridlock 01-30-2012 11:02 AM

All I can think of is "Dental Plan! Lisa needs braces"

Wow people with a little giveaway here while we get jammed in the ass from behind.

s300ae 01-30-2012 11:45 AM

Give a listen to the "waste patrol" on cknw. Waste of money isn't a new thing to BC.
Posted via RS Mobile

Fafine 01-30-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 7779663)
All I can think of is "Dental Plan! Lisa needs braces"

Wow people with a little giveaway here while we get jammed in the ass from behind.

Thanks. Now it's stuck in my head LOL
Posted via RS Mobile

Pooface55 01-30-2012 03:13 PM

Ridiculous. With these unions there's no accountability. If you screw up, your job is still safe.

The_AK 01-30-2012 03:16 PM

So where do I pick up my iPad?

Vansterdam 01-30-2012 03:51 PM

first paragraph says it all

"The B.C. Liberal government planned to use Olympic nostalgia and free iPads to persuade a reluctant public to support the harmonized sales tax. "

:badpokerface:

ilovebacon 02-11-2012 01:47 AM

I want a free ipad lol
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 02-11-2012 03:45 AM

free ipad from all the extra money they're raking in from the hst.... i can see why they axed that idea

bloody christy crunch she shouldnt have had the choice of not calling an election; since we didnt elect her it should be a requirement -_-

Gridlock 02-11-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7793287)
free ipad from all the extra money they're raking in from the hst.... i can see why they axed that idea

bloody christy crunch she shouldnt have had the choice of not calling an election; since we didnt elect her it should be a requirement -_-

Every poll that comes out shows the liberals getting trounced by the NDP and surprisingly, the conservatives although he was done nothing to introduce himself to the population, and looks like a cross between the emperor in Star Wars and the Pope(who himself, looks like the emperor in Star Wars)

Rock <<<<<<<Christy Crunch>>>>>>> Hardplace.

The only way she wins the election is to make a bunch of giveaways with tax money, which she said she would not do.

I have noticed that she has been in the news less. There was a while that every day she'd be using the term "families first agenda" on the news as an answer to any question asked.

"Premier Clark, what have you made of all the rain lately?"

"Well, I'm glad you asked that, as the rain really goes to support our families first agenda. The rain keeps families indoors, and really goes to build those vital relationships."

The whole thing is really annoying. We just keep marching closer to an NDP government, and god knows what they have in mind for fixing to province.

Oh wait...I see your free ipad for HST support, and raise you free ipads for everybody!

CorneringArtist 02-11-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 7779729)
Thanks. Now it's stuck in my head LOL
Posted via RS Mobile

Let me help jam it in there more :troll: