REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
I am grateful grapefruit

Today's Groupon - $100 for $200 towards an ICBC Windshield Replacement

Thought some of you would miss it in the group buy thread.

Groupon for the next few days - $100 for $200 towards the ICBC Windshield replacement. Good buy if you need a windshield replaced anyway, and if you have the ICBC coverage.

It's at Vancouver Auto Glass Repair & Auto Glass Replacement
365 2nd Ave. West
Vancouver, BC
V5Y 1C9

Vancouver Deals & Packages: Things to Do in Vancouver | Groupon Deals
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
only oem quality glass ?
not the factory ones?
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
False advertising, mosttt windshield claims' deductible is $300.
It's only $200 if some flying object / missile hits your window.

And the expiry date is relatively short for this kind of 'deal', you almost have to 'pray' your
windshield gets damaged within the next year...or else you just wasted $100 on this 'deal'.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

How is this false advertising? It clearly says "For $100, you get $200 towards an insurance deductible for a windshield-replacement claim". So if your deductible is $300, you pay $200 total (save $100)
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Omg. Please don't go there and read my rant/bad experience. I bought their $39 Groupon for 1 interior + exterior car detail and 10 free exterior car washes deal. I figured what the heck, might be decent! First time I went I wanted to do some door polishing as well since i had some very surface scuff marks. They said they can fix it for $25 plus recommended for me to spend another $25 to make it a hand car wash. I agreed to it and it was decent except that I think they just put a layer of wax on the doors and didn't use any polish as the scuffs were still there. At least they didn't make it any worse and I just fixed it myself with a resin polisher

When I tried to cash in on my free exterior washes, I found out that you can't just drop by as they're really "busy" so I had to made arrangements at a later date which was fine. Next time I went they started saying that my car is super dirty, said it would be extra, but ended up remembering me as the guy who did extra work last time so just gave me the hand car wash for no additional charge. They checked it off as 2 free visits instead of one... I figued whatever i still have 8 more, but this place was getting shady.

I traded my car in for a new black one and when I took it back there, the first thing they said was that I can't take it there when it's so dirty and it would cost extra. I was shocked as the car was only 2 weeks old without a single blemish and I had only driven in the rain for 2 weeks and it was still shiny. I told them that it was new and i just got it 2 weeks ago?!? Next they said that the groupon was only applicable to the original car which I read the fine print many times before I purchased since I was going to use it for other cars and there was no such statement written. At any rate he said that he would clean it "all nice" for $10. I agreed. It was a nice sunny day and my car had just a few water rain marks from the previous couple of weeks. He took the scrubber brush, dipped it in the dirty soapy water and started scrubbing my car from a dry state. All I could hear was a rough sandpaper scraping on my brand new car. I don't know why I let him continue, but he did half my car with one dip, and the other half with a second dip. After they were done, I was horrified as my car had scuffs and sun rings all over it after one damn car wash. It didn't matter that the groupon didn't apply anymore as I refuse to ever go back. Even when I complained, all they said was that the marks were already there or that they don't see it.

I tell all my friends to stay away from this place... at least mine can be fixed with a 2 stage cut and polish. A bad windshield repair would cost you much more! Should you ignore my warning, I hope you have better luck than me. Unique autoglass was truly a unique experience in which I wouldn't even want my enemies to go through. Not recommended for car enthusiasts.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by optiblue; 02-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
I am grateful grapefruit

I wonder since it would be an ICBC claim - would ICBC help you go after them if they botch a windshield replacement?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #7

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I wonder since it would be an ICBC claim - would ICBC help you go after them if they botch a windshield replacement?
I would think, even if ICBC would back you up, its not worth it if they were to botch your windshield job. Too many possibilities with a shitty job including windshield shattering, leaking, rusting, mold, smelly interior, stained upholstry etc.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
Omg. Please don't go there and read my rant/bad experience. I bought their $39 Groupon for 1 interior + exterior car detail and 10 free exterior car washes deal. I figured what the heck, might be decent! First time I went I wanted to do some door polishing as well since i had some very surface scuff marks. They said they can fix it for $25 plus recommended for me to spend another $25 to make it a hand car wash. I agreed to it and it was decent except that I think they just put a layer of wax on the doors and didn't use any polish as the scuffs were still there. At least they didn't make it any worse and I just fixed it myself with a resin polisher

When I tried to cash in on my free exterior washes, I found out that you can't just drop by as they're really "busy" so I had to made arrangements at a later date which was fine. Next time I went they started saying that my car is super dirty, said it would be extra, but ended up remembering me as the guy who did extra work last time so just gave me the hand car wash for no additional charge. They checked it off as 2 free visits instead of one... I figued whatever i still have 8 more, but this place was getting shady.

I traded my car in for a new black one and when I took it back there, the first thing they said was that I can't take it there when it's so dirty and it would cost extra. I was shocked as the car was only 2 weeks old without a single blemish and I had only driven in the rain for 2 weeks and it was still shiny. I told them that it was new and i just got it 2 weeks ago?!? Next they said that the groupon was only applicable to the original car which I read the fine print many times before I purchased since I was going to use it for other cars and there was no such statement written. At any rate he said that he would clean it "all nice" for $10. I agreed. It was a nice sunny day and my car had just a few water rain marks from the previous couple of weeks. He took the scrubber brush, dipped it in the dirty soapy water and started scrubbing my car from a dry state. All I could hear was a rough sandpaper scraping on my brand new car. I don't know why I let him continue, but he did half my car with one dip, and the other half with a second dip. After they were done, I was horrified as my car had scuffs and sun rings all over it after one damn car wash. It didn't matter that the groupon didn't apply anymore as I refuse to ever go back. Even when I complained, all they said was that the marks were already there or that they don't see it.

I tell all my friends to stay away from this place... at least mine can be fixed with a 2 stage cut and polish. A bad windshield repair would cost you much more! Should you ignore my warning, I hope you have better luck than me. Unique autoglass was truly a unique experience in which I wouldn't even want my enemies to go through. Not recommended for car enthusiasts.
Posted via RS Mobile
thanks for the heads up.

I got the Mini-Detail package for $39 Value of $95 from there.

When I do go there, it will be in my 750iL. And it will be daily driven dirt on it. It is not a truck or SUV so they cannot charge extra for size. Big body sedan is not an upgrade to pay more by their groupon or website. and the dirt will not be excessive. they claim it will be a 90 - 120 min detail, so Ill be sitting there watching the clock. The catchy groupon description says all this will be done:
Exterior-
Flush away filth with a thorough exterior wash
clean wheel wells
shine the tires
and clean all the trim and ornaments

Interior-
Complete cleaning
dusting
vacuuming
compressed air to blow dust from vents and cracks
sanitize plastic floor mats
antibacterial deodorizer
leather or vinyl conditioners for interiors

Guess we will see if they do what they claim

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
retired

Isn't it illegal for a shop to be paying any part of your deductible?
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWR34 View Post
thanks for the heads up.

I got the Mini-Detail package for $39 Value of $95 from there.

When I do go there, it will be in my 750iL. And it will be daily driven dirt on it. It is not a truck or SUV so they cannot charge extra for size. Big body sedan is not an upgrade to pay more by their groupon or website. and the dirt will not be excessive. they claim it will be a 90 - 120 min detail, so Ill be sitting there watching the clock. The catchy groupon description says all this will be done:
Exterior-
Flush away filth with a thorough exterior wash
clean wheel wells
shine the tires
and clean all the trim and ornaments

Interior-
Complete cleaning
dusting
vacuuming
compressed air to blow dust from vents and cracks
sanitize plastic floor mats
antibacterial deodorizer
leather or vinyl conditioners for interiors

Guess we will see if they do what they claim
Sounds like the same deal I got but they took away the +10 free exterior washes! Just watch them like a hawk... they kept hitting the cleaning brush on the paint when they washed mine
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote