REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Single in the City? Blenz Red Band is here to help :) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663093-single-city-blenz-red-band-here-help.html)

cliffhanger33 02-15-2012 12:29 AM

Single in the City? Blenz Red Band is here to help :)

Check out Blenz's new promotional idea. Might be too late since Valentine's has passed :whistle::whistle:, but it's going on From Feb. 1-28, 2012. I actually find this hilarious, no doubt an ingenious idea, though... I guess? :alonehappy:

Single in the City? Blenz Red Band is Here to Help | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Blog

Quote:

Every once in a while a genius idea is born, the Blenz Red Band is one such idea. For the single people in the city, asking someone out on a date seems daunting. Couple that with the fact you don’t really know who is single and the task becomes almost insurmountable. Perhaps that is why many just stick to playing video games in their parents basements for the rest of their lives. Fear no more as Blenz Coffee is making it easier this Valentine’s season.

This year Blenz is marking Valentine’s Day with something that has never been done before. They are giving singles in Vancouver a way to meet each other through “Blenz Red Band” ‐ a customized sleeve they developed. If you are single you would grab this red sleeve at any Blenz location throughout February, prompting other singles to approach you and vice versa.

Blenz will be promoting the “Blenz Red Band” through Facebook and Twitter from February 1 to 28, 2011. Anyone who mentions #BlenzRedBand on Twitter or “Blenz Red Band” in their status updates on Facebook during the month of February will be entered into a daily draw to win a “Blenz Romance Kit” full of Valentine’s themed prizes. A grand prize will be awarded to the couple that submits the best “Blenz Love Story” – a story on how they met each other through the Blenz Red Band. Submissions are accepted on Facebook and Twitter, and the grand prize winner will be selected on March 1, 2011.

The Blenz Red Band website will be a blog‐style site where local bloggers will be highlighting posts related to dating and relationships. Visit the website for a full listing of our media, prize, and content sponsors.

A promotion launch party is scheduled for February 1, 2011 from 5pm to 7pm at Blenz Yaletown (338 Helmcken Street, Vancouver). For more information or to attend this event please contact nanako@blenz.com.
To participate in this promotion, find “Blenz Red Band” on Facebook, follow them on Twitter @blenzcoffee, or go to blenzredband.com.

Now walk into Blenz and leave with a coffee and a date!
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/image.php....png&w=650&a=t

Edit: Posted article was back in 2011, but the Red Band promotion came back again this year for 2012. Blenz Red Band, Come for a Coffee Leave With A Date | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Blog

nack 02-15-2012 01:42 AM

i wonder how many um..... *ahem* malnourished males or obese males will attend this

:whistle:

Prolowtone 02-15-2012 02:29 AM

Cool idea tho

StylinRed 02-15-2012 03:36 AM

there were a shitload of LGs out today it was astonishing

i thought they'd be holed up @ home instead of out with their LG friends

made for a nice sight though ;)

hillmar 02-15-2012 04:45 AM

Why does this new promotion you linked say 2011?? Is it even valid for 2012??
Posted via RS Mobile

Prolowtone 02-15-2012 05:03 AM

LOL never even noticed that

jerche 02-15-2012 10:54 PM

This is not new...they had it last year

Guess it's back.

cliffhanger33 02-15-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillmar (Post 7797421)
Why does this new promotion you linked say 2011?? Is it even valid for 2012??
Posted via RS Mobile

Sorry the article i posted was back in 2011 but ya it was reintroduced this year.

Blenz Red Band, Come for a Coffee Leave With A Date | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Blog

!e.lo_ 02-16-2012 04:56 PM

won't work :alone:

boss_clad 02-18-2012 05:16 PM

this would be great and all, but i think it would imply the following:

male - desperation

female - nympho

urrh 02-18-2012 06:41 PM

there's too much judging in this city

RRxtar 02-18-2012 08:32 PM

cool idea. i dont do the coffee shop thing, but theres been times ive wanted to go talk to a girl just sitting by herself. this would be a neat little indicator that someone is welcome to a hello. since theres such an otherwise stuck up mentality with so many people a lot of people are almost afraid to approach anyone these days.

boss_clad 02-18-2012 09:07 PM

whatever happened to a good ol' "smile" and occasional glances to signal an invitation over?

me personally, i don't believe in shortcuts like this. of course take a better route to avoid traffic on the road, but for something like love, i think the more genuine and pure, the better.

b0unce. [?] 02-18-2012 09:48 PM

SUP GIRL, HOW YOU LIVIN'