REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Confirming PayPal Address (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663195-confirming-paypal-address.html)

Farfetched 02-16-2012 06:45 PM

Confirming PayPal Address

So this ebay seller requires a "confirmed paypal address". They also only ship to the US. I'm using Hagens. How would one get the Hagen's address confirmed in PayPal?

Qmx323 02-16-2012 06:46 PM

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ddress-outside

Farfetched 02-16-2012 07:06 PM

from that link:

How a Buyer Can Confirm an Address
Inform your buyer on how to confirm his or her address, by communicating the following options:

1. Add a credit card to your PayPal account. PayPal will confirm the credit card billing address (i.e., the address where you receive your credit card statement).

well the billing address on my credit card won't be hagens. so that's not going to work.

2. Apply for PayPal Smart Connect. If you’re approved, the address on your application will be a Confirmed Address.

Only avail for U.S

3. Alternate address confirmation. This process takes several days and is only available for U.S. accounts. To learn more, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Alternate Address Confirmation page.

again only avail for U.S

beanzzz 02-16-2012 07:25 PM

I've used eBay for years and never had a seller ask for a confirmed paypal address, especially since I have just about everything shipped to the Letter Carrier in Point Roberts. Do you mean a confirmed paypal account? Can you post a link to the auction?

Farfetched 02-16-2012 07:41 PM

yeah i've never seen it before either. i've already won the auction so i'm in kind of a tight spot. :/

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_500wt_1360

1exotic 02-16-2012 07:44 PM

easy.

buy the item.
when paying for the ebay item you change the shipping address.
then click buy and confirm.

it will show up on the shipping information and paypal

Farfetched 02-16-2012 08:11 PM

i've already done just that. when i look at the transaction details the address is still 'unconfirmed'

twitchyzero 02-16-2012 09:06 PM

i had the exact same problem

long story short...i had to create a new paypal account (US one not Canadian).

The process can take up to 48 hours if you are using online banking (they will give you a code that shows up on your CC statement)

NOTE: you can only add the same CC # three times TOTAL...once you try to add any more than that the # pretty much gets blacklisted.

artmotion 02-17-2012 12:01 AM

I had the same problem trying to order parts from JHPUSA :( I couldn't figure it out so I just ended up buying parts from Imageinmotion instead.

falcon 02-17-2012 05:12 AM

They should only care if the account is confirmed. I don't see what the issue is?

GLOW 02-17-2012 07:18 AM

i believe confirmed shipping address helps the seller in that it is being shipped to a legit person/address and not a scam. i think it helps with insurance/protection on their end (i can't remember for sure).

it's always been a PITA for canadians to get their shipping address confirmed. if you were to ask ebay.ca, they'd tell you "not possible" as it is really hit or miss if you're able to.

as stated above the billing address on your CC/bank account must match your shipping address for that address to be 'confirmed'. whether or not it will go through is case by case, i dont think i was ever able to figure out what was the reason. been probably at least 5 years since i looked at that stuff so it might have all changed, but i doubt it.

i've been lucky in that both of my past 2 mailing addresses have been confirmed, though the most recent one took a long time, like after i paid and received my item (the seller did not require it)

if you cant confirm just talk to the guy and say hey i can't seem to confirm can we still go through with the deal as i'd like to buy it and see what he says. i've done that before and they're like ok no problem.

InvisibleSoul 02-17-2012 07:50 AM

Basically, as a seller, they have more protection when they shipped to Confirmed Addresses.

I don't know how, but I have The Letter Carrier as a Confirmed Address on my PayPal account. I've had it for many, many years... probably at least 5-6 years. I've had my PayPal account for probably ten years or more.

Farfetched 02-17-2012 02:38 PM

i emailed the seller and apparently the address is confirmed from his end. when i look at the details on my end, it still says unconfirmed.

whatever, i've spent enough time on this it is what it is. for the record 1exotic's method seems to be the way to go. i didn't try twitchyzero's work around.

thanks for the support guys.

marksport 02-17-2012 09:43 PM

Getting a Canadian Paypal account with a confirmed US address is pretty much not possible now. Only way that is possible is to have the address grandfathered in like mine. I've been using Paypal since around 2000 so when I send the payment, the confirmation email says "Shipping Address -Confirmed"