REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Acura RSX trunk leak problem (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663566-acura-rsx-trunk-leak-problem.html)

hondak20 02-23-2012 10:28 AM

Acura RSX trunk leak problem

hey guys. i dont know if im in the right section or not. i did some research and came up with a few solutions. 1. tail light seal leakinng 2. hatch hinges or 3. moonroof drain tubes. i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and was wondering wat was ur fix. i dunt know if it was the heavy rain or if it was becuz i washed my car. any help would be cool !

TIA

GG 02-23-2012 11:29 AM

what year dc5?

im guessing first gen

regardless hondas are a fucking idiot designing the tailight like that with a paper thin gasket

bottom line, get new tailight gasket from dealership for like $20 bux, replace them. AFter u are done with tat grab a silicon gun and seal the gaps between the trunk and ur tail light gap. Solves the problem.

i replace the gaskets twice and still leaked on my 05, so i said the fuck with it and silicon the shit out of it. NO problem ever since. + i drilled a small on on the tailight end where u can see, otherwise before my tailight was like an aquarium tank, can raise gold fish and shit

sun roof one its been awhile but i think i just used an air compressor and blow the shit out of the tube

hondak20 02-24-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tequilabomb (Post 7806592)
what year dc5?

im guessing first gen

regardless hondas are a fucking idiot designing the tailight like that with a paper thin gasket

bottom line, get new tailight gasket from dealership for like $20 bux, replace them. AFter u are done with tat grab a silicon gun and seal the gaps between the trunk and ur tail light gap. Solves the problem.

i replace the gaskets twice and still leaked on my 05, so i said the fuck with it and silicon the shit out of it. NO problem ever since. + i drilled a small on on the tailight end where u can see, otherwise before my tailight was like an aquarium tank, can raise gold fish and shit

sun roof one its been awhile but i think i just used an air compressor and blow the shit out of the tube

ok thanks. ill replace the seals. do u know where the drain tubes are in the moonroof my moonroof opens smoothly but closes realy realy slowly. do i just grease it? this also happens with my passenger side window too. any suggestions?

hondak20 02-24-2012 12:16 PM

and ya first gen-2003

buddy 02-24-2012 02:42 PM

my money is on tail light gaskets

Nvasion 02-24-2012 02:56 PM

taillight gasket. you cna get DIY ones at home depot for counter tops. thats what i did with my integra

hondak20 03-04-2012 08:09 PM

Was it u i saw Tequilabomb? In a white first gen DC5 on 46th and Earls?
Posted via RS Mobile