REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   just bought 06 mazda3 ..needs reputable/honest autobody (and fuel injectors cleaned?) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663670-just-bought-06-mazda3-needs-reputable-honest-autobody-fuel-injectors-cleaned.html)

canali 02-25-2012 06:59 AM

just bought 06 mazda3 ..needs reputable/honest autobody (and fuel injectors cleaned?)

am now an owner of my first 'new' used car in a while: a 2006 mazda3 hatch with the 2.3 litre engine.

purchase was a private sale, one owner, no accidents or claims, always serviced from her surrey mazda dealer....
manual, has 75,000km.

a few things:
1/since it was mostly city driven, would it make any sense to get the fuel injectors professionally cleaned for $125ish? i've read on some blogs that it's a waste of money (and to use a good chevron w techron gas, or even aftermarket 'redline' or 'seafoam' cleaners) while others seem its' a good idea.

2/there was a slight dent in driver's side door and rocker near bottom of drivers door ...slightly pushed in...she says she ran over some median upon pulling out of a parking lot...and the slight dent in her door suggest someone slightly dinged her very slightly (maybe pulling out in parking lot?) in another incident... both are purely cosmetic, not structural in any way (even says the mazda dealer/mechanic too)...but it's subtle and i'd like to get it fixed.

it's confusing for the consumer in seeking autobody estimates: i've had quotes ranging from $1000 to $2500 with some saying a new skin required while others saying not so....so if anyone can recommend a reputable/honest autobody person who is in north van or burnaby area, then kindly let me know...I could do a cash deal/no reciept if i can get a good price since it's out of my own pocket (and being single i have to watch the dolleros).

FS1992EG 02-25-2012 08:13 AM

AutoMind in Richmond is a great shop... I would take my car there for any autobody related work.

tiger_handheld 02-25-2012 10:02 AM

make sure to join bcmazda3. great bunch of folk there. some of them repeat here too - like me :D

canali 02-25-2012 10:06 AM

thanks...i'll check out that bcmazda3 forum link

90whiterex 02-25-2012 07:14 PM

!!!!!!

firebird79_00 02-25-2012 07:39 PM

If you dont mind going out to Richmond then i would go to Dueck.

subordinate 02-25-2012 11:41 PM

I'd dump in a bottle of techron, drive the thing hard on the highway.

Then after a couple weeks of tallying fuel mileage, record what you are getting.
If it's in line with what other Mazda guys are getting. Then there's no need in getting injectors serviced.