REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Experience with SouthSide Nissan (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664039-experience-southside-nissan.html)

dark0821 03-03-2012 10:51 AM

Experience with SouthSide Nissan

First I would like to say, I am not saying SouthSide Nissan (Marinedrive) is horrible or unreasonable, but just unprofessional in some cases.

Its a long story LOL...

I just want to share my first dealership experience. My family bought cars before, but we never bought new. So last winter my parents were shopping for a new CUV, and at the end of the day, Nissan Rogue had the best bang for the buck. And we ended up signing with Southside Nissan out of all the dealerships because they were able to offer the best price.

We originally put $10,000 down, and the rest on Finance. (At the time of the deal it was 1.9% for the duration of 48month). The time of the dealing was after business hours on a Saturday, and they said we can pick up the car on Monday.

Monday comes, and the sales informs us that the policy of Nissan Canada changed over the weekend, right now their promotion states that financing is @ 4.25% but there is no payment for the first 90 days. Off course I was upset, because they have to "scrap" the bill of sale. After some haggling, they were about to return our deposit on the car, but since they beat out every other dealership by more than a $1000, we took their offer and the delivery of the vehicle even though the terms of sale was changed after all signatures were signed on Saturday.

During the 3 month, my mom thought it over and was willing to pay out the rest of the car using her saving and a little bit from her line of credit, since her line of credit was only @ 2.7%, we made several phone calls with the sales asking him about the details, and he even made sure with us that no Interest will be charged until the first payment is due.

So the first payment is due on March 7th (next Tuesday), we went in today to pay off the car with a combination of a Bank Draft and Cash. The residue amount has since changed because interest was charged from the last 30 days before the 7th of march. (an extra $6X.xx) Telling us now that the interest free period was only for the 60 out of the 90 days. The Sales acted all surprised, and told us he wasn't aware of the policy since the business department was responsible for the payments. We weren't happy but we realized we only had our word from the sales on telephone and we never recorded any of the conversations, so we know we are screwed and its $6X.xx so whatever....

The Bank Draft was made payable to Nissan Canada, and not the dealership. So the business manager comes out and tells us that we can only provide the receipt for the cash and not the Bank Draft. A receipt will be mailed to you by Nissan Canada when we fwd your draft. I was like okay ??? After the amount were counted for and the dealership acknowledges that the full amount of the car has been received. They said they couldn't give us a bill of release because Nissan Canada hasn't gotten the payment yet... and the bill of release will also be mailed to us by Nissan Canada. At this point my dad was like WTF -.- but again the manager assured my dad that this was the "proper" procedure. The manager also informed my dad that he should go to his bank and tell the bank to make a "stop payment" to Nissan Canada, since the timeline is tight, and the mailed bank draft will only be received by Monday. Again, the sales told us over the phone that as long as we paid in full before the due date of the first payment, we were fine =.= but no big deal right? we just have to go to the bank and let them know of the situation.

At the bank, the teller informs us that A) there is a service charge of $20 for "stop payment" B)they must know the exact amount and the exact date that Nissan Canada will withdraw from my dad's account. And if the amount of time differs, its up to the customer to monitor his account and the payment might still go thru, but the manager of the bank assures us that even if the money was deducted we were protected and will get the money refunded. At this point my dad was like... then WTF does the $20 service charge do? "try" and stop a payment but might still go thru?!?! Again in the light of wanting to avoid trouble, we swallowed the pill and went home.

We called the dealership when we got home, informed them of what the bank told us. I also asked for a "reference/transaction" number of today's payment since I was planning to call Nissan Canada on Monday to make sure they don't withdraw from my dad's account on Tuesday. The dealership manager was like, reference/transaction number? we don't keep this kind of record, you can tell Nissan Canada to call me on Monday and I will tell them over the phone that we received your full payment. I was like can you email/fax Nissan Canada to let them know? He was like, there is no way to speed up the process, but if i must, I have to call Nissan Canada On Monday, tell them about our situation AND tell them to call their dealership to CONFIRM of the payment.

I just think that this is ridiculous, and the way they acted was unprofessional to a point. They almost take no responsibility and want us, the customer to do all the work and STILL have no confirmation that the issue can be resolved. Its "always" oh, I am not sure, we never encountered this problem before, calling them should resolve your issue.

I just wanted to share this experience with you guys. My parents don't like to shout or fight, and they always wanted to avoid as much confrontation as possible, and since it was us who went from finance to full payout, we wont blame the dealership 100% of the developments of events.

Share your experience with car dealerships, and let me know what you guys think?

added photos of new car

Solo_D33A 03-03-2012 09:28 PM

Yes, from what my parents have been though and what I witnessed at service department also, they are a bunch of monkeys. They never have the answers to your questions, just saying how they are right and you're wrong in any situation; from buying the car to servicing it... After 1st service, we avoid SouthSide at all costs.

Firmware 03-03-2012 09:32 PM

where is tl ; tr?

invader 03-04-2012 04:17 PM

Is your Rogue a 2011 or 2012?

tofu1413 03-04-2012 05:11 PM

luckily for me, only dealt with parts dept...

thank god they stock old vintage nissan/ datsun parts.. saved me a couple times.

parts counter guy knew what he was doing.

optiblue 03-04-2012 05:35 PM

Did they detail your car and mess up the paint too? Boycott Southsode Nissan stickers time? :troll:

On a serious note, going from financing to cash deal is the absolute lowest price you can get from a dealership. It often comes with some hassle but you can rest assured you got te best price!
Posted via RS Mobile

GLOW 03-04-2012 08:09 PM

sounds like they're making you do a lot of the admin legwork...:seriously::rukidding:
does that mean you get a portion of their "administrative fee" too? :facepalm:

Nvasion 03-04-2012 09:05 PM

i deal with their parts department and they are good with me:)

SumAznGuy 03-05-2012 12:19 AM

Is Glen still there in the Parts dept.
I use to go to him for everything Nissan I needed back in the day.

Gallardo 03-05-2012 10:23 AM

A friend dealt with that Nissan Dealer for an used Maxima 4 months ago, great deals but service was lacking.

Over9K 03-05-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 7818781)
luckily for me, only dealt with parts dept...

thank god they stock old vintage nissan/ datsun parts.. saved me a couple times.

parts counter guy knew what he was doing.

What the fuck, seriously?

I thought Nissan crushed them all in the mid-late 90's.

That's how OEM surplus ended up with them.

I wonder if I'll be able to get parts for my 1985 4WD Sentra, hmm.

tofu1413 03-05-2012 10:17 PM

^ they stock a few vintage parts here and there...

i actually bought my oem fairlady Z emblems from them....... cant complain.

they got those big vintage blue filters on stock........ lots of 510 and datsun guys goes to them for parts.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...38570076_n.jpg

metal badges with oem box and part numbers ftw. :fuckyea:

Over9K 03-05-2012 11:34 PM

Well, the Z makes sense, since Nissan bought a bunch of them back and restored them and sold them back in 97 or 98.

SumAznGuy 03-06-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over9K (Post 7820397)
Well, the Z makes sense, since Nissan bought a bunch of them back and restored them and sold them back in 97 or 98.

I don't recall hearing about this. I know Nissan Japan did that in 99 with the R34.

As for parts at Southside Nissan, Glen and the other guy are total car buffs. Not surprised they saw a need/demand to stock up on 510/Z parts.

I'm looking around online and OEM BNIB ITR parts are getting rarer and rarer. Especially interior ltd edition stuff that differentiates ITR's from other Integra's.

freakshow 03-06-2012 09:34 AM

another +1 for the parts department. A pleasure to deal with the few times I used them.

tofu1413 03-06-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 7820487)
I don't recall hearing about this. I know Nissan Japan did that in 99 with the R34.

As for parts at Southside Nissan, Glen and the other guy are total car buffs. Not surprised they saw a need/demand to stock up on 510/Z parts.

I'm looking around online and OEM BNIB ITR parts are getting rarer and rarer. Especially interior ltd edition stuff that differentiates ITR's from other Integra's.

the R34 came out in 99..........

nissan rebought used R34 for their limited batch of Z tune R34's at around 06 or so

as for the Z, its about 99-2000 when nissan rebought about several hundred 240z's off owners to restore.... all cars used oem nissan parts.

Over9K 03-06-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 7820487)

Nissan's 1998 240z restoration program - HybridZ

Only around 50 legit cars.

Nvasion 03-06-2012 05:37 PM

yes glen still works there.

tofu1413 03-06-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over9K (Post 7821115)

planned about 400... but then nissan went :fuckthatshit:

dark0821 03-06-2012 08:35 PM

well some update:

Its a 2012, because 2011 Nissan Rogue was sold out back in Sept of last year (i assume they never stocked up) lol, they were giving 2011 "pricing" on 2012 models to stay competitive with Toyota/Honda/Ford whatever.... so it was a pretty enticing price... from the MSRP from the website to the deal we got, we saved something like $4800 off the sticker price. (2500 was from a national wide promotion, and the other 2300 was just pure luck? xD)

I called Nissan Canada Today for the Bill of Release, the representative told me even though they can call up SouthSide Nissan to confirm the payment, there is nothing they can do to stop the automated deduction from the pre-authorized finance payment until THEY received the full amount on THEIR account. Even though that was understandable, they were NOT willing to make a note on the account or anything to that effect. Overall, I find their system lacks efficiency to say the least.

Now the situation is, lets say the "stop payment" failed to stop the deduction, and it goes thru, I am sure we will get a service charge back if we left the account "empty"/insufficient funds. But with their lack of speed from Nissan Canada, I wonder how long it will take to get the money back if it was to be deducted.

Haha, thanks guys, the paint's good. (I also told them not to "detail" it for me when the purchase was made, and ours was the one that was parked inside the show room) so it was in pretty good condition already.

As for servicing... since they also gave us the lifetime oil change membership for free... hmm =.=

tofu1413 03-06-2012 08:56 PM

swap your rogue vin to my Z --> go into service for oil change --> ????? --> profit!

Over9K 03-06-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark0821 (Post 7821442)
well some update:

Its a 2012, because 2011 Nissan Rogue was sold out back in Sept of last year (i assume they never stocked up) lol, they were giving 2011 "pricing" on 2012 models to stay competitive with Toyota/Honda/Ford whatever.... so it was a pretty enticing price... from the MSRP from the website to the deal we got, we saved something like $4800 off the sticker price. (2500 was from a national wide promotion, and the other 2300 was just pure luck? xD)

I called Nissan Canada Today for the Bill of Release, the representative told me even though they can call up SouthSide Nissan to confirm the payment, there is nothing they can do to stop the automated deduction from the pre-authorized finance payment until THEY received the full amount on THEIR account. Even though that was understandable, they were NOT willing to make a note on the account or anything to that effect. Overall, I find their system lacks efficiency to say the least.

Now the situation is, lets say the "stop payment" failed to stop the deduction, and it goes thru, I am sure we will get a service charge back if we left the account "empty"/insufficient funds. But with their lack of speed from Nissan Canada, I wonder how long it will take to get the money back if it was to be deducted.

Haha, thanks guys, the paint's good. (I also told them not to "detail" it for me when the purchase was made, and ours was the one that was parked inside the show room) so it was in pretty good condition already.

As for servicing... since they also gave us the lifetime oil change membership for free... hmm =.=

Nissan North America oil filters suck.