REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Does anyone have experience with Urban Garage? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664113-does-anyone-have-experience-urban-garage.html)

turbomelon 03-04-2012 03:28 PM

Does anyone have experience with Urban Garage?

The Urban Garage - Luxury and Performance Cars, Sales and Leasing

Hi everyone, probably a long shot, but I went in the other day to take a look at a replacement for my daily driver. Everything seems on the up and up, but I was wondering if anyone has some first hand experiences/reviews of the service they've received from this dealership.

I understand that they specialize in selling cars brought up from america, but does anyone know what extended warranty service they use? Easycare and if the extended warranties they provide are solid?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can provide.

Also a side note: as I'm looking at a bmw does anyone have a recommended BMW Inspection facility?

bcrdukes 03-04-2012 03:39 PM

Can't answer your question directly but if it helps, I once shopped there but missed out as somebody beat me to a deposit on one of their cars. My experience there was good as well as another friend who bought an RSX Type-S from them in which he still owns today. One of the executives that works in our tower bought a 540i from them and he also had good experiences with them, in fact, a repeat customer of theirs.

SumAznGuy 03-04-2012 04:00 PM

I've never used them myself but one of the sales guys, Mark, is a fellow autoXer and I know of at least one other autoXer who bought his car from Mark and is quite happy with his purchase.

turbomelon 03-04-2012 04:10 PM

Yeah I was dealing with Mark the other day when I went in. My main concern really is the extended warranty they offer. I keep reading about horror stories regarding these 3rd party warranty services, but since this car is an American car BMW canada does not offer a factory extended warranty.

bcrdukes 03-04-2012 04:43 PM

I don't recall the logistics of US BMWs in Canada but something about how you can get the factory warranty done at a dealership in the US and/or get reimbursed by BMW Canada? Maybe godwin can shed some light on this.

tofu1413 03-04-2012 05:07 PM

+1 to urban garage.

prices might be a little more than some dealers, but their units are extra clean. totally worth your money.

when i was at MCL... they took our cleanest trade ins: RDX with 10k kms only... no decs and a almost new 09 GTR with 8k kms... all local. some of the other stuff went to bluestar...

turbomelon 03-04-2012 10:40 PM

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone have any recommendations for BMW comprehensive inspections? Or are Autowest/BJ AutoHaus/BMW store generally sound choices?

tofu1413 03-04-2012 10:54 PM

depends on your convience.

there are bmw certified techs @ autohaus.

german auto sports in surrey is another independent bmw specialized shop

donjalapeno 03-04-2012 10:57 PM

they have a huge garage for maintenance work and stuff too, its a block up from there dealership

christiankirana 03-04-2012 11:30 PM

Nixon in Burnaby..

bcrdukes 03-04-2012 11:37 PM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66190...bmw-shops.html

Harvey Specter 03-05-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christiankirana (Post 7819187)
Nixon in Burnaby..

+1.

This place has amazing service. I had to get coding done on my e92 for LCI taillights, the guy couldn't code them properly, spent like an hour and finally called autologic and found out he needed updated software. He decided to give all my money back, 3 weeks later he calls me and tells me to come by because he got the update. Did the coding for half price. Talk about customer service.

lowside67 03-05-2012 05:54 AM

If the car you are buying is still under factory warranty and it's a US car, not much point in a pre-purchase inspection.

If there is anything mechanical on the car other than tires - it is under warranty! If the car needs brakes, they are free under the US maintenance program and they are happy to have the work in Seattle.

If it's accidents you are worried about, a BMW dealer will not make any guarantees about accident repair on a pre-purchase inspection, but since you are buying from a dealer, if they say no accidents on the bill of sale and you then later find evidence this isn't true, the MDC will force them to compensate you or take the car back in a heartbeat.

With respect to extended warranty, I can't remember if they sell EasyCare or CoverageOne... I have no experience with EasyCare but we sell many CoverageOne warranties and it is a high quality product, on average customers seem to be very happy and lots buy it on their next vehicle as well. Also, for what its worth, locally BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, and Volvo all sell CoverageOne in their service departments so they at least are familiar with the product. I would recommend it to my friends or family, and will consider buying one myself when my car is a bit closer to going out of warranty.

Hope that helps,
Mark

turbomelon 03-05-2012 07:11 AM

Thanks everyone for the info, after looking at the Coverage One site, I'm starting to vaguely remember terms like "Total Care" so I think urban garage uses EasyCare.

On that note, does anyone have any experience with Easycare? On mbworld a lot of the owners in the states swear by it, but then I look at general reviews online (which are a few years old) and they're quite mixed.

Thanks again guys for all the help. I'll be sure to get in touch with Nixon and other places to see who has an opening in their schedule.