REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #51
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-29-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #52
I keep RS good

Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #53
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I want to thank you fifty times, Ulic.

Seriously. I'm smart and know it, I get very high grades when miraculously something allows me to concentrate. The majority of the time though, I get distracted by the strangest and most random things.

I look at my swiss watch, and suddenly spend two hours thinking about hiking in switzerland, then research joining the foreign legion since I think they train in the Alps, then decide to teach myself french, then go to the store to buy french bread, and before I know it I'm in Squamish for some reason. True story, that happened last week while studying for a linguistics test.

I hate ritalin, took it for a few months when I was a kid, it made me act weird.

All I need something to help me focus when I really need too.

I'm calling and making an appointment with my Doctor now to ask about dex, I think you just personified my struggle and the solution I've always been looking for.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #54
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
dex/adderal has abuse potential. Honestly Im taking this for as long as I need to take it. I've been seeing the docs about skill building.

Quote:
its a weird feeling when you can read a text book non stop and not think about anything else.
i guess thats what normal people feel like.
as long as I can finish school and get the grades I require to get in my career field I don't care if I'm im a zombie everyday for the rest of my life.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #55
I keep RS good

Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #56
Founder, RS Veteran

Talking about inspiration, Adam Levine from Maroon 5 has ADHD. I posted this in the music forum a while back: http://www.revscene.net/forums/66549...vine-adhd.html

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #57
Banned By Establishment

^people will still think it's not real.

I could come back here 6 months from now and be like "Look at my grades, look at my finances, look at my weight!!!! After seeing the doctor/meds"

and people would still argue against it.

sadly that commercial was made by shire, who makes a majority of ADHD drugs.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Anyone interested in an update?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Yes
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #60
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Yes
I've increased my dosage to 40mg of Dexedrine SR (Slow Release/Sustained Release)

Now, I don't feel high when I'm on it. There is a dropoff period where the drug wears off and you feel like your body crashed. If you aren't a girl about it, you can fight through it, but the crash happens when you should be going to bed.

I have spaced out my dosage so that when I wake up at ~10am, I take 25mg and a few hours later I'll take another 15mg. This lasts me all day.

How Dexedrine works.

Prefrontal lobe and other areas shrunken (that are in control of impulses, motivation, reward center etc...) there either isn't

a) Enough Receptor Sites

b) Dopamine

Drug creates a dopamine crush (very different from ritalin) to ensure all these receptor sites are filled.

Don't have ADHD? You will fill high. Simple as that.

Positives:

-I've never seen my house cleaner
-My Finances are a lot cleaner
-It supresses my appetite
-I can think of the big picture, and actually set up goals and feel good (I know this is gonna sound crazy, but I have a little voice that keeps me in the right direction in my head now)
-In a situation that needs a decision or an action, It's easier to recall on past events and make the right decision.
-I've lost 20 pounds
-I'm not so impulsive on purchases.
-Anxiety under control.
-I'm cooking at home, and actually setting a budget of what I can eat out.
-I'm actually doing things I thought i'd never do (i stopped playing games period, unless someone comes over, I started learning the ocarina and I'm learning a third language, and I read an anatomy textbook front and back.
-With the help of "Evernote" my life feels much more organized.

Everything in my life is better, all because of one pill.

Cons:

-If you don't get good sleep, do not take the meds... SERIOUSLY IT BLOWS.
-Headaches when I initially started (I don't really do drugs, rarely drink etc...)
-Sometime I do talk a little faster than usual, but usually when I don't get enough sleep.

So yeah, probably not real

Anyways, gonna ask to go on adderall. It has 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racetam in them, and 25% ritalin, and 75% dexedrine.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #61
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
thought this belongs here

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #62
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
the list you describe is pretty much everyone on the damn planet, me included. I throw my clothes everywhere, leave assignments for the last second, read something but think of another.

you know why?

the problem is there is too much shit that can distract you and kids these days.

iphone always in pocket, TV and desktop in bedroom, tablets all over the house, revscene, reddit, netflix, youtube, ect ect..

its no wonder people cant fuckin focus these days, there are too many stimulants everywhere,

and as a result they just throw drugs at people,

what did I do? I stayed and studied at school, I didnt go home until I knew the material, going home is the devil, the entire time I would try and read, Id look at the computer and see who was on ICQ or MSN. I remember realising this back when I was in grade 10 or 11, I would go home and haveto study, there was a TV in the living room, computer in my bedroom, and game consoles everywhere, I thought to myself, I cant fuckin study here, this is rediculous. Thank god I actually came to my own senses.

or people go to the library or late night timmies. that is the solution, get away from all the damn stimulants that are being shoved in your face all the time, and force yourself into a quiet area where nothing distracts you.

ALSO, reading and doing things you enjoy, makes you want to focus on them much more. if your reading a book on english theory, and its boring you to shit, aint nothing going to help you study it, its a topic that just doesnt interest you. thats not a desease, thats you.

I work in the public school system, and it fuckin disgusts me how many kids are being labelled as "special" or adhd, and have to seperate from their classes, if theres a class of 30, usually 10 of them are labbelled "special"

are you kidding me? the ones that are special are the ones who are texting in class, play angry birds on their ipads at school, and cant even finish a fucking sentence without mentioning hanna montana or justin bieber, and these kids are 8 years old ffs.

The asian parents have it right, no stimulants, only study time.
oh my fucking god... after 10 years someone has finally understood how i felt when i was grade 7...

my grade 7 to grade 12 was the worst time in my life. I have 4 older brother and sisters, closest age to me is 5 years apart. I simply did not get enough attention from my family and i set my targets on my classmates. I started doing all these fucked up shit to attract attention. Phy and the teachers thought i have ADHD and they threw me in extended skills (special ed program) then i started skippin high school because i hated school even more. A few years later, i met my mentor also my family doctor. He inspired me to become a useful person. I started studying very hard, completed my high school diploma at age 20. Now i'm taking financial management at bcit and my GPA is sitting at 78%. (I'm not on any medication) Doctors only understands parts of the brain, is fucking ridiculous to label some kid ADD or ADHD or whatever u wanna call it, is fucking bullshit.

wtf is ADHD? all these computers, tvs, facebook, movies?

This is how I study.
-quiet room. (NO MUSIC)
-read/follow along with book mark and a pencil
-WRITE OUT MY WEEKLY SCHEDULE!!!
-discipline ( ok is 6pm i'll turn off my computer and STUDY for the next 5 hours)
-keeping my room tidy and organized.

When i was in high school my room is a fucking shit hole/dumpster. Until I found my destination, i became every clean and tidy =)

One last thing.. keep yourself away from Ritalin/Adderall whatever you are taking, those things have serious side effects.

Last thing is your WILL POWER.!! When your will power kicks in, nothing is impossible =)
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #63
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i take 60mg vyvanse from time to time, suppressed appetite and insomnia, nothing a lil bit of weed cant handle
bbcbrbe is offline   Reply With Quote