REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mitsubishi-tech-resources_314/)
-   -   cheapest place to order timing belt/waterpump (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664659-cheapest-place-order-timing-belt-waterpump.html)

jkw 03-14-2012 08:17 PM

cheapest place to order timing belt/waterpump

Time has come for me to do the timing belt, accessory belts, and water pump on
2003 lancer es.

i've looked at ebay,and found the set for 105bux shipped free, is there anywhere else that i can find them for cheaper?

thanks in advanced.

satek 03-15-2012 10:07 AM

Not the best idea to skimp on a timing belt/waterpump....oem all the way for those parts.

Phil@rise 03-15-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkw (Post 7830040)
Time has come for me to do the timing belt, accessory belts, and water pump on
2003 lancer es.

i've looked at ebay,and found the set for 105bux shipped free, is there anywhere else that i can find them for cheaper?

thanks in advanced.

No but theres lots of places to get better service, parts and warranty but hell who cares cheapest is best. Its only a $500 beater right?

reza 03-15-2012 05:02 PM

steve at 1flag mitsu in surrey has always given me good discounts on oem parts just by asking.

jkw 03-20-2012 10:41 AM

jesus guys, does RS guys always attack on new members?

i'm asking for the cheapest place to buy oem or trustworthy parts online as it is much cheaper online/US in general, and i have a mail box in US.

don't assume. thanks for your "constructive" posts

Meltdown-TX 03-20-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkw (Post 7855739)
i'm asking for the cheapest place to buy oem or trustworthy parts online as it is much cheaper online/US in general, and i have a mail box in US.

I recommend Cherry Hill Mitsubishi. They are based in New Jersey. I bought 4k worth of OEM stuff and no problem with them at all. I had my stuff shipped to Point Roberts. Fast shipping and good service.

Here is the link: New Car Parts near Philadelphia | Auto Parts for Sale Cherry Hill

It makes it easier if you have the part numbers. If not, just to go to local Mitsu and ask for the number then plug it in the website.

06eclipse 09-01-2012 03:21 PM

Sad to say but lordco had the oem timing belt kit the cheapest for my 3.8 4g eclipse.

supremematt85 09-01-2012 03:44 PM

http://www.rockauto.com/

tiger_handheld 09-01-2012 03:58 PM

never ever cheap out out timing belt and water pump!

my experience with a 95 eg

got a "deal" for $250 at "Kartec Auto Services" on Main and 18th. Took the car in was fine and dandy. Replaced timing belt, ac belt, water pump. 3 weeks later , car lost power steering and stalled on Kwantlen and Alderbridge. Was able to safely pull over to Lansdowne. Paid $60 for a tow truck to take it back to Kartec. Guy opens it up after a while says I need a new crank shaft pulley. We can't get the crank shaft bolt out it's too tight and its in there. You'll need to leave the car in the shop over night we need to drill the nut out and try to take it out. Called up a friend drove down to Happy Honda got my self a Crank Shaft bolt and a 'key'. Kartec got me a used crank shaft pulley from the wreckers for $150 iirc. That night, talked to friend and asked wtf happened. He says the genius that worked on my car over tightend the crank shaft bolt (he said used too much torque) and it broke or something along those lines. Next day went back to Kartec armed with info quested the owner. Owner said as a result of wear and tear and the genius no longer works - yay for me. Called Honday why a crank shaft pulley would fail - "someone tightened it too much" was the answer I got. Kartec owner was not convinced. I requested that the owner himself work on the car. Got the car back that evening. Total bill for that day $250. Total spent on for timing belt / water pump / ac belt - $600. Marine Drive Honda wanted $600ish incl taxes and parts for the job. I thought $250 was a good deal.

06eclipse 09-01-2012 06:23 PM

Wow that's ruff buddy ^. That nut is only supposed to get 130-140 flbs and dip the end in engine oil to lube the threads. Iv done my timing belt 3 times in my 4g now, with no problems :)