REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   WTF? My yard trimming cart was stolen last night! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665045-wtf-my-yard-trimming-cart-stolen-last-night.html)

shenmecar 03-20-2012 05:08 PM

WTF? My yard trimming cart was stolen last night!

What do thieves/hobos/lowlives steal these things for? Anyone had this happen to them?

inb4doesthisrequireownthread.

Alatar 03-20-2012 05:09 PM

People are constantly stealing my yellow recycling bags. Never had my yard trimmings bin stolen though.

CP.AR 03-20-2012 05:15 PM

does this really need it's own thread :troll:

seriously though, I don't know why but someone in my neighborhood has a fetish for yellow recycling bags as well

hungryRR 03-20-2012 05:22 PM

someone had stolen our garbage bin a long time ago
called the city and they gave us a replacement

murd0c 03-20-2012 05:27 PM

What a fucken idiot you must be so:fuuuuu:

Maybe this guy knows something about it :troll:

Yard Trimming Cart

StylinRed 03-20-2012 05:44 PM

i see the recycling guys sometimes just taking the bags with them (and not replacing them as they do from time to time) so that's probably why you're missing bags

as for your cart probably some teens walked by and figured they'd have some fun with it

Alatar 03-20-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7856155)
i see the recycling guys sometimes just taking the bags with them (and not replacing them as they do from time to time) so that's probably why you're missing bags

as for your cart probably some teens walked by and figured they'd have some fun with it

That would be understandable if it was indeed the case for both bags. But It's only ever the yellow ones. :p

cunninglinguist 03-20-2012 07:41 PM

Funny, my garbage bin was missing after it got emptied this week. It was left sitting outside the next day. I guess the neighbor took it in the garage thinking it was his.

Kayci 03-20-2012 07:44 PM

Mine dissapeared awhile back too... gave the city a call and they brought one to me. I assumed they found it somewhere and identified it with the numbers on the bin

dyan 03-20-2012 07:57 PM

lol guess it's not only me... My blue box just got stolen along with the 2 bags. Just went to the recycling depot near marine and cambie and got a new one :)

Okami 03-20-2012 08:35 PM

most people dont label their blue and yellow bags so wait for a windy day and a new one will magically appear

melloman 03-21-2012 07:24 AM

Time to start selling yellow recycling bags on craigslist... :troll:

bballguy 03-21-2012 02:45 PM

http://poststuff2.entensity.net/032112/trash.gif

anti_rice 03-21-2012 05:00 PM

If your garbage bin disappeared on pickup day. There's a likelihood it fell into the garbage truck while they were dumping it. City's like vancouver and burnaby the truck picks up the container and sometimes the bin slips and falls in with the rest of the garbage.

FishTaco 03-21-2012 05:01 PM

Someone stole our sprinkler head lol.

murd0c 03-21-2012 05:02 PM

So is Dave Alan here? no I don't have the cart lol

stewie 03-21-2012 05:04 PM

.whoops

stewie 03-21-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 7856777)
Time to start selling yellow recycling bags on craigslist... :troll:

why lol, they're free lol

i used to be a recyling/garbage man, the majority of the time if your garbage bin goes missing, its your neighbour who took it in by mistake...no big deal, city will bring you a new one.

as for your recycling box, those guys are in a hustle to get their route done on time, so they sometimes tend to forget to throw the bag back into the bin before chucking it into your driveway. if your bin is damaged...usually the drivers keep a few bins and bags on their trucks, so if you see him next week, ask him, if he doesnt, the bins and bags are free, pick them up at your local recycling depot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anti_rice (Post 7859141)
If your garbage bin disappeared on pickup day. There's a likelihood it fell into the garbage truck while they were dumping it. City's like vancouver and burnaby the truck picks up the container and sometimes the bin slips and falls in with the rest of the garbage.

ive personally never seen that happen before :s the only time ive seen a garbage man throw a bin in the truck is if hes turning into an alley way and the bin is too close to the corner and he clips it while turning and damages it. you'd be surprised how tight those arms grab those bins, its very unlikely that it would slip out.