REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Restless leg syndrom (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665148-restless-leg-syndrom.html)

kunoman1 03-22-2012 08:54 AM

Restless leg syndrom

Restless legs syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does anyone else suffer from this? I am getting it more and more as of late..

If you have it, how do you deal with it? Its really making me look like I have terrets (without the noises)

Excelsis 03-22-2012 09:09 AM

That just means you've got more energy to waste and it's harder to concentrate i suppose

I picked it up by just looking at so many people do it, but then i thought.. why not stop? So i stopped, if you really can't stop then try doing more physical activities

VeeDubya 03-22-2012 10:41 AM

I don't think he means "Restless Legs" as in he can't stop shaking them. It's a feeling you get in your legs sometimes, kinda like ants crawling inside them when you are sitting still and you have to constantly re-adjust the way you sit and move your legs... I dunno, kinda hard to explain the feeling.

I get it a lot, especially when I'm tired late at night and watching TV. Don't know what to do about it, would love it if somebody had a sollution!

Razgriz 03-22-2012 10:45 AM

I've had it since I was a kid...I don't really have a solution. To ease the feeling I often just shake my leg and it goes away for a bit.

I mostly get it when I'm sitting through 3 hour lectures, or laying in bed to long.

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-22-2012 03:15 PM

I've always had this too ever since i was a kid. its genetic i think.

its a bitch, some nights i roll around till the alarm goes off. i feel like crying and kicking like chung li. lol.

i find going for a run, or doing heavy squats helps.

ill be honest. marijuana cures it instantly. just a puff or two, dont need to smoke a whole joint lol.

also jerking off helps. lol. seriously.

just go rub one off if you dont smoke weed. it'll be gone right after. duno why. probably cuz it has something to do with dopamine neurotransmitters and jerking off is dopamine related too.

it feels like.. the feeling of panic, but in your legs. like your legs are freaking out.

u know that feeling when you dive too deep in water, and youre trying to swim your way up to the surface and your chest gets that out of air panic feeling.. its similar to that. but IN your legs. its fucked up.

the only way to shake it off, is literally to kick like a mad man, and that only stops it temporarily.

i find heat aggravates it. i get it a lot more in the summer.. cool your room down. or dont use bedsheets. i know if you're used to thick blankets like i am, its a bitch, but being cold is better than having RLS.

i read as you grow older it gets worse. lol FML. it's a curse man.

haha, weed and jerking off, the two life savers of people with RLS. if it wernt for those two i would have put dagger into my quads by now.

Mr.HappySilp 03-23-2012 12:35 AM

I get it once a while while trying to sleep. I just try to stretch it for a bit and is all good.

Jermyzy 03-26-2012 08:45 PM

The worst is when you get that really painful foot cramp in the middle of the night for no reason!!!

kunoman1 04-01-2012 11:51 PM

Unfortunately I cant jerk it or take a puff in class which is when I mainly get it. I get it all over my body too..should this be cause for concern like visit the doctor concern? Or is it just something I'll have to live with

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-02-2012 01:58 AM

u have to live with it dude.

they don't even know why the fuck we get this. they know its genetic

your doc might prescribe this drug they use to treat... i forgot what it was... parkinsons or something... something ridiculous like that

i told my doc i get it a lot when im sitting on flights, its really aggravating. he said to pop one of those pills before a flight and you're good to go.

i chose not to take it obviously.

it's something to do with dopamine. they dont know much about it.
stretch your legs... shake your legs. deep massage your legs. i duno. lol. jerk off before class.

Phil@rise 04-02-2012 12:06 PM

I get it sometimes I just move around its no big deal. Annoying tho but nothin more then that. I also get real fidgety at times with a persistent leg bounce that I dont notice but it annoys the hell out of other sitting at a table with me. I also get twitches around my eyes and cheeks those are far more annoying cus nothin stops them and they can go on for hours at times.

Verdasco 04-02-2012 02:48 PM

an old chinese saying that if one shakes his leg a lot, he will lose a lot of money in the near future

ilovebacon 04-02-2012 03:18 PM

^ thatwhat my mom always tells me. Every time I would shake it, I. Get bitched at

murd0c 04-02-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermyzy (Post 7865088)
The worst is when you get that really painful foot cramp in the middle of the night for no reason!!!

I had that on Friday when the ex was giving me a blow job, fuck it sucked and way to ruin the moment. right in my calf and it's still a bit sore. But the worst is waking up from it and being in terrible pain