REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   B.C. white supremacist's slaying a 'hate crime' (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665249-b-c-white-supremacists-slaying-hate-crime.html)

PiuYi 03-23-2012 09:53 PM

B.C. white supremacist's slaying a 'hate crime'

Quote:

B.C. white supremacist's slaying a 'hate crime'

A Surrey, B.C., man who died March 17 in what police said appeared to be an attempted home invasion was targeted because he was a member of the white supremacist group Blood and Honour, one of his associates says.

Police were called about 11 p.m. PT to a residence in the Fraser Heights section of Surrey where they found evidence of a violent struggle and a 36-year-old man with head injuries.

Officers followed a blood trail from that home and found the body of Jan Korinth, 26, two residences away. He had been stabbed to death.

The first man was treated and released from hospital. He has not been charged and police have not said if he is a suspect in Korinth’s slaying.

"The people or person that killed Jan knew he lived there. They went there and planned to attack, no doubt because Jan was a member of Blood and Honour. It was a hate crime against our people. We will not stop until there is justice for our fallen comrade," the purported friend — who would identify himself only as Mike — said in an email to CBC News.

Blood and Honour is an organization that made headlines earlier this year after three alleged members of the group were charged in connection with assaults on members of visible minorities in Metro Vancouver.

Korinth was on probation after a conviction for assault causing bodily harm.

'Good kid'
Korinth grew up on Mayne Island, B.C., where he formerly worked as a firefighter. A former colleague called him "a good kid from a good family."

Korinth also spent time in Germany and Calgary and that's where anti-racist groups began tracking him, according to Alan Dutton, of the Canadian Anti-Racism and Education Society.

"[Korinth] has been associating with hate groups for a number of years. He was involved with Aryan Guard in Calgary," said Dutton. "It's a shame that young people die and get involved in hate groups and we can learn from this.… When you do get involved in hate groups your life will end in tragedy."

Dutton said police should consider the possibility that revenge was the motive for Korinth's death.

"With respect to retaliation, hate groups operate on the basis of fear, intimidation and bullying and there is no doubt in my mind that if they suspect that this is a targeted attack on Blood and Honour, that there would be violence that would ensue," said Dutton

Police declined comment Friday on their investigation into Korinth's death.
B.C. white supremacist's slaying a 'hate crime' - British Columbia - CBC News

:rukidding: how is this hate crime?? he was killed because he was being a racist prick, not because of his skin colour/ethnicity...

lgman 03-23-2012 09:58 PM

0.000 Fucks given

murd0c 03-23-2012 10:09 PM

Hate has no place in our society, I don't feel bad about what happened to him at all!!

MG1 03-23-2012 10:13 PM

^yup...........

live by the sword, die by the sword.

iEatClams 03-23-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

'Good kid'
Korinth grew up on Mayne Island, B.C., where he formerly worked as a firefighter. A former colleague called him "a good kid from a good family."
I hate how they always say they were a good kid.

A good or nice person wouldnt be doing this kind of shiet.

GLOW 03-24-2012 07:27 AM

never thought i'd use one of these pics, but this is what came to mind when i read the news article

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk...ma4ho1_400.jpg

flagella 03-24-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azndude69 (Post 7862121)
I hate how they always say they were a good kid.

A good or nice person wouldnt be doing this kind of shiet.

Same with those speeches they give at their funeral. Fcking hilarious :rofl:

Well I guess that's the only thing they could say when the media is interviewing you eh?

pastarocket 03-24-2012 09:25 AM

Karma bit him back. What goes around, comes around.

dangonay 03-25-2012 08:36 AM

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this guy getting killed.

That said, I don't like the idea of some vigilante out there who thinks he has the right to decide who is worthy to live or die, and then acts on it.

vafanculo 03-25-2012 09:39 AM

So, a hate group is complaining about someone hating on them? Lawls

marksport 03-25-2012 05:45 PM

So if the "suspect" is the same race as the "victim", I don't think it would be racism. More likely be the result of differing political opinion.

kwy 03-25-2012 06:06 PM

idgaf, fuck racists.

El Bastardo 03-25-2012 06:57 PM

Not defending the guy or his ideals but this -was- a hate crime. The guy was part of a group with an ideology (however unpopular it may be) that made him a target. He was killed because of his ideology. People disagreed with it and killed him as a result. The very definition of a hate crime.

You don't have to be of a specific ethnicity or religion to be targeted for a hate crime.

MTV Cribs 03-25-2012 07:24 PM

The guy that died didn't live at the home. He was the one who broke into the home with someone else and ended up being stabbed and killed by the occupants of the home. So not only is he in a racist group, but he also does home invasions. Makes you hate him even more now

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Quote:

Last weekend, 26-year-old Jan Korinth died after he was stabbed during a fight in a home. A 36-year-old man was taken to hospital with head injuries, but survived.

Korinth was a member of the neo-Nazi group Blood and Honour and at one time was a firefighter for Mayne Island Fire Rescue. Now investigators are addressing reports that this was a hate crime and Korinth was targeted for his involvement in the white supremacist group.

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says this is not true, and that Korinth was the instigator not the target.

"It appears at this time that Jan was attempting to get into that residence. It was not Jan's home; he did not live there. The occupant of the home sustained injuries as did Jan, he sustained knife-wound injuries," Sgt. Jennifer Pound said.

"From what we can tell, (Jan) left that area and a blood trail led police to find him close by where he was pronounced deceased at the scene," she added.

The rumours now have police warning gang violence is possible.

"Whenever we're dealing with information that could potentially cause gang retaliation, then that needs to be our number one concern, and in this case that is now our concern. But that concern based on false information that was put out to the public," Pound said.

Police say they are still investigating what led up to Korinth's death.

PiuYi 03-25-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 7863796)
Not defending the guy or his ideals but this -was- a hate crime. The guy was part of a group with an ideology (however unpopular it may be) that made him a target. He was killed because of his ideology. People disagreed with it and killed him as a result. The very definition of a hate crime.

You don't have to be of a specific ethnicity or religion to be targeted for a hate crime.

that reasoning makes sense

but in lieu of new evidence, the guy still deserved to die imo

CorneringArtist 03-25-2012 09:29 PM

Rap music but this is the first song that came to my mind.

DanHibiki 03-25-2012 10:09 PM

1 down....xxxxxx to go...

Soundy 03-25-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTV Cribs (Post 7863823)
The guy that died didn't live at the home. He was the one who broke into the home with someone else and ended up being stabbed and killed by the occupants of the home. So not only is he in a racist group, but he also does home invasions. Makes you hate him even more now

Police fear rumours about neo-Nazi's death | CTV British Columbia

And so the truth comes out... and what a surprise, flies directly in the face of the "friend's" statement:
Quote:

"The people or person that killed Jan knew he lived there. They went there and planned to attack, no doubt because Jan was a member of Blood and Honour. It was a hate crime against our people. We will not stop until there is justice for our fallen comrade," the purported friend — who would identify himself only as Mike — said in an email to CBC News.
Really... so your buddy does something stupid, gets himself shanked, and now you're going to try to use it to incite more hatred?

Yeah... good going.
:rukidding:

Graeme S 03-25-2012 10:28 PM

While racism is a serious issue, both on the side of the instigators and the victims...I think one of the more frustrating things for me is the media.

Nowhere in the original article did the police mention it would be investigated as a hate crime; the headline came from a quote from the friend of the victim. Since when is that headline material?

nah 03-25-2012 10:47 PM

he died...

GOOD

Psykopathik 03-26-2012 06:36 AM

haters gonna...

go to hell.

PiuYi 03-26-2012 01:02 PM

OT, but holy shit turbo E... 20k posts?? quite the achievement
you deserve an RS medal or something lol