REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   school me on leasing a brand new luxury (https://www.revscene.net/forums/666529-school-me-leasing-brand-new-luxury.html)

Jgresch 04-16-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 7889297)
I have my brother. He says no to leasing.

What is his reasoning?

wstce92 04-16-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7889448)
What is his reasoning?

Very clearly nothing based on mathematical calculations.
Or consideration of the opportunity of using the cash you save from not putting it all into your car at once to make more cash.

There are so many benefits to financing/leasing/cash; depending on rates, residuals, cost of the car, etc. Can't believe how thick some people in this thread are.

SSM_DC5 04-18-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferra (Post 7888920)
No, residual value is set by the manufacturer, dealers have ZERO control over residual values.

Can anyone confirm that the all dealerships will lease their cars with the same residual value? Of course assuming that we're talking about identical cars, but different dealerships.

CharlieH 04-18-2012 09:56 PM

^

i'm 99% sure that lease/finance rates and residuals are solely determined by the manufacturer.

Jgresch 04-18-2012 10:38 PM

Nopppeeee. don't you think it would be a little unfair to determine the residuals themselves?

Finance rates are determined by the banks. If a manufacturer wants to offer promo rates they have to go through the bank to do it.

Residuals are determined by the leasing company/BB.

CharlieH 04-18-2012 11:03 PM

^

so for a company like BMW which has their own financial services department then it would really be up to the manufacturer, right? from what i remember they have their own bank which is a subsidiary of bank of america.

too_slow 04-19-2012 08:57 AM

^I've always assumed BMW Finance was a separate entity from BMW AG, kind of like GMAC (finance arm) is independent from General Motors. I could be wrong..

sebTeggy 04-19-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over9K (Post 7888594)
lol whut.

Driving a car harder is better for the engine, why would you wanna baby a car you're gonna own?

Fuck you guys are weird.

Half of the people on this forum:

:fulloffuck:

He wants to raise his fail count. I shall thank him :accepted:

Roach 04-19-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7892652)
Finance rates are determined by the banks. If a manufacturer wants to offer promo rates they have to go through the bank to do it.

Some dealerships provide in-house financing as an alternative option to banks. Particularly useful for new immigrants or self-employed individuals who may not get financing approval from the bank.

In-house rates are typically above bank rates, however.

Kev

Over9K 04-19-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebTeggy (Post 7893054)
He wants to raise his fail count. I shall thank him :accepted:

:suspicious:

I'm actually giving out legit advice here guys, but it's your car, you can do what you want.

Ever wonder why cars that are driven by old people don't last very long when driven hard? Or that when an older person comes to a shop, most of the time the tech's will decoke the engine?

:toot:

CharlieH 04-20-2012 10:44 AM

^

and to prevent that all you need to do is to floor it once every few days and change your oil when it's needed, not drive the shit out of it like it's a race car.

Jgresch 04-20-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 7893089)
Some dealerships provide in-house financing as an alternative option to banks. Particularly useful for new immigrants or self-employed individuals who may not get financing approval from the bank.

In-house rates are typically above bank rates, however.

Kev

Not sure if a dealership who offers in house financing would allow the manufact. to determine residuals.

And by In-house you are talking about entities such as Toyota Financial correct? Because most major dealerships offer "In House" financing, but they still go through the banks.