REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Walt Disney to Co-Produce Iron Man 3 in China With DMG (https://www.revscene.net/forums/666869-walt-disney-co-produce-iron-man-3-china-dmg.html)

FerrariEnzo 04-21-2012 07:09 PM

Walt Disney to Co-Produce Iron Man 3 in China With DMG

Bloomber article

Hollywood Report article

"The movie will have an investment of at least 1 billion yuan ($158 million), DMG Chairman Peter Xiao told reporters in Beijing"

StylinRed 04-22-2012 01:33 AM

ah the rumored animated movie comes true

edit: whoops got duped due to the animated picture on that webpage

Hopefully that means the Mandarin will be the villain in this one :fullofwin: just as long as its not chow yun fat playing him ;)

ae101 04-22-2012 10:15 AM

i miss donn playing the bad guys now

SkinnyPupp 04-22-2012 03:46 PM

:heckno: glad I don't care about this movie

Ronin 04-22-2012 04:25 PM

Wait, will RDJr still star?

StylinRed 04-22-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7896157)
Wait, will RDJr still star?

yeah he will; its just going to be set in China (which has the potential to be awwwweeeeeesssommmee since its likely The Mandarin he's going up against)

and to film in china theres all sorts of rules (unless ur filming a chinese movie) so teaming up with a production company will likely give Disney a lot more leeway on filming etc etc

SkinnyPupp 04-22-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7896720)
yeah he will; its just going to be set in China (which has the potential to be awwwweeeeeesssommmee since its likely The Mandarin he's going up against)

and to film in china theres all sorts of rules (unless ur filming a chinese movie) so teaming up with a production company will likely give Disney a lot more leeway on filming etc etc

It won't give them any leeway at all. The rules are there whether you are filming a "chinese movie" or any other type of movie, and whether you are Disney or whoever. It won't likely matter with a goofy comic book movie of course, but with Disney involved at least there is the hope that it won't turn into a propaganda film like every other movie produced in china.

fetched 04-22-2012 09:23 PM

O snap, not only is Skinny a chinese historian, he's also a chinese movie exec.

Shieeet

SkinnyPupp 04-22-2012 09:43 PM

Wow way to counter my statement with a rebuttal... you sure are useful around here!

StylinRed 04-22-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7896725)
It won't give them any leeway at all. The rules are there whether you are filming a "chinese movie" or any other type of movie, and whether you are Disney or whoever. It won't likely matter with a goofy comic book movie of course, but with Disney involved at least there is the hope that it won't turn into a propaganda film like every other movie produced in china.

naw hollywood companies have to deal with lots of bureaucracy when filming (specific to foreign firms) in china and it ends up being hell for their project timelines

having to include chinese actors in the film is a given but just look @ Expendables 2 they had to go through hell to film in China (hell that a chinese firm doesnt have to face) and in the end they still weren't able to so they filmed in HK

SkinnyPupp 04-22-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7896955)
naw hollywood companies have to deal with lots of bureaucracy when filming (specific to foreign firms) in china and it ends up being hell for their project timelines

having to include chinese actors in the film is a given but just look @ Expendables 2 they had to go through hell to film in China (hell that a chinese firm doesnt have to face) and in the end they still weren't able to so they filmed in HK

Yes but chinese movie makers would face the same issues was the point I was making. That's why the industry is completely stagnant. Aside from propaganda, you don't see anything of use coming from there anymore

Razor Ramon HG 05-18-2012 06:32 PM

Andy Lau has been confirmed to join the cast of Iron Man 3.

jonwon 05-30-2012 05:53 PM

http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uplo...eric_savin.jpg

first pictures of Iron Man 3 villain Iron Patriot/Coldblood 7 - What Would Tyler Durden Do

StylinRed 05-30-2012 06:21 PM

oh really... i wonder if the character who is the iron patriot in the comics will be so in the film.... that would tie in another character that they wont be able to use yet

but why in the hell isn't it the Mandarin.... wtf

rsx 05-30-2012 08:14 PM

Apparently there's been a lot of pressure from China to not have their country portrayed as villains. Not specifically from IM3, just something I read a few weeks ago regarding a movie cgi'ing enemies into North Koreans (flags/etc) instead of Chinese.

Nismo200SX 06-08-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7896725)

Are you kidding me? Disney is one of the largest proprietors of propaganda in the entertainment business. If anything with Disney involved there will be more propaganda following suit after how much propaganda there was in The Avengers.

Unless of course the course of the planet changes by then.

Destephicon 06-13-2012 06:29 PM

Wow, Andy Lau in Iron Man 3? Not to sure how I feel about that. But, he did do a good in "Shaolin (2011)"