REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Vancouver, 1 of 6 Canadian cities to host Womens FIFA 2015 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/667512-vancouver-1-6-canadian-cities-host-womens-fifa-2015-a.html)

Tegra_Devil 05-04-2012 12:31 PM

Vancouver, 1 of 6 Canadian cities to host Womens FIFA 2015

FIFA UNVEILS CANADA'S SIX HOST CITIES FOR 2015 WOMEN'S WC

Quote:

FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association announced Friday that Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa and Moncton will be the host cities for the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.

"Canada 2015 has already made history as this will be the first FIFA Women's World Cup in which 24 national teams will participate," said FIFA President Sepp Blatter.

"Women's football is continuing to mature, and I am really pleased that football fans in cities across the country, from East to West, will have the opportunity to take part. The host cities play a crucial role in delivering a FIFA competition, and I am sure that seeing world-class footballers across Canada will inspire a whole new generation of girls and women to get involved in the game."

Canada was officially named the host nation of the event last March, rubber-stamping its bid after Zimbabwe pulled out of the running. The Women's World Cup - the largest single sports event for women in the world - will be the first single sport event in Canada to be held from coast to coast.

Canada previously hosted the inaugural Women's Under-20 World Cup in 2002, as well as the Men's Under-17 World Cup in 1987 and the Men's Under-20 World Cup in 2007. The federal government has already committed up to $15 million in funding to the CSA to run the 2015 tournament and the 2014 Under-20 World Cup.

"As a Canadian player, we didn't have a chance to play too many home games except for a few cities," Team Canada captain Christine Sinclair told TSN on Friday. "And this will be a good way for us to see these games across the country."

Toronto was not part of the bid because it will host the 2015 Pan American Games. Canada will also stage the Women's Under-20 World Cup in 2014.

"We saw the passion that fans in Vancouver had for the CONCACAF Women's Olympic qualifying this year," said TSN soccer analyst Jason de Vos. "This gives young players the chance to see the best women's players live from coast to coast."
actually pretty damn stoked...should be a pretty good party, plus Canada's womens' team is pretty good (in womens world rankings), unlike their male counterparts!

pastarocket 05-04-2012 12:35 PM

Go Canada!

Tapioca 05-04-2012 01:23 PM

The women got their asses handed to them in last year's World Cup. Anything less than a semi-final appearance will be a disappointment, I would imagine.

nickmak 05-05-2012 09:39 PM

so this is what i've been hearing about on the radio and shit? this is the thing with chicks doing some sorta sport thing in lingerie right?? can not. fucking wait.

Everymans 05-05-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmak (Post 7910311)
so this is what i've been hearing about on the radio and shit? this is the thing with chicks doing some sorta sport thing in lingerie right?? can not. fucking wait.

Sports bras and shit. It's gonna be better then ladies tennis and curling combined. Might even be a goal or two!

nickmak 05-05-2012 09:49 PM

nice nice i'm getting a half chub

spideyv2 05-06-2012 02:21 AM

When I was 10 I wanted to bone Kara Lang

Ludepower 05-06-2012 09:09 AM

not a fan of women sports unless its beach volleyball :sweetjesus:

Mercy 05-06-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmak (Post 7910311)

Soccer and football, two different things.