REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, & Security Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/audio-video-security-tech_10/)
-   -   Building a new Sub Box (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668191-building-new-sub-box.html)

srv777 05-18-2012 11:22 AM

Building a new Sub Box

Thinking about getting a new box built for the sub I am currently using which is an Infinity Perfect 12.1 VQ. Any recommendations for where to go and also approximate cost to expect?

bloodline129 05-18-2012 11:55 AM

I'd recommend Soundsgood in poco, fair price and great quality :) pricing is really up to u... Depending on how simple the build is or is it custom fitted, laced with suade like mine or just regular carpet... And soooo on lol... Talk to orgasm_donor (mike) he'll be able to help u...

orgasm_donor 05-18-2012 07:42 PM

I agree with that guy ^^ haha!
Seriously though, I have built many different ported and sealed enclosures for the Perfect 12.1 with some great results. Its a good sub that deserves a custom enclosure!

A$AProcky 05-18-2012 07:52 PM

go on caraudio.com there are some box builders on there a lot cheaper than anybody local. I had a guy on there build me a ported box for 2 12s for $250 shipped local shops around here were asking $500.

edit: heres the guy who builds boxes hes located in Seattle I believe so you can probably save around $100 if you pick it up

orgasm_donor 05-18-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A$AProcky (Post 7922610)
go on caraudio.com there are some box builders on there a lot cheaper than anybody local. I had a guy on there build me a ported box for 2 12s for $250 shipped local shops around here were asking $500.

edit: heres the guy who is located in Seattle I believe so you can probably save around $100 if you pick it up

My custom enclosures start at $250 and are local, with local warranty and are designed to handle a nuclear war (braced, routered port edges, designed to meet or exceed spec). Plus you can keep your money local and support your local independent retailers too! 22 years of enclosure designing and building helps too. :)

Last enclosure I built with a high velocity vent, custom carpeted and built to fit the trunk of a customers car was $350 complete! Looks like you were asking at all the wrong shops!

A$AProcky 05-18-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor (Post 7922622)
My custom enclosures start at $250 and are local, with local warranty and are designed to handle a nuclear war (braced, routered port edges, designed to meet or exceed spec). Plus you can keep your money local and support your local independent retailers too! 22 years of enclosure designing and building helps too. :)

Last enclosure I built with a high velocity vent, custom carpeted and built to fit the trunk of a customers car was $350 complete! Looks like you were asking at all the wrong shops!

Im switching to a 15" sub soon I'll need a~4.0cu ft ported box PM me with a quote

orgasm_donor 05-19-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A$AProcky (Post 7922659)
Im switching to a 15" sub soon I'll need a~4.0cu ft ported box PM me with a quote

YGPM

srv777 05-21-2012 11:44 AM

Mike, will pay you a visit to discuss further.