REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Traffic will be a pita in Coquitlam specially if you take transit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668201-traffic-will-pita-coquitlam-specially-if-you-take-transit.html)

StylinRed 05-18-2012 02:57 PM

Traffic will be a pita in Coquitlam specially if you take transit

The Bus Loop and parts of the highway are quarantined due to a hazmat issue "suspicious white powder"

Quote:

Hazmat situation at Coquitlam Station Bus Loop - News1130

Hazmat situation at Coquitlam Station Bus Loop
Crews focused on a garbage bin
News1130 Staff May 18, 2012 15:18:04 PM
share via emailMore Sharing Services
COQUITLAM (NEWS1130) - A suspicious white substance has been found on a Bus in Coquitlam, and
emergency crews are being extra careful with the situation because at the same as time, around noon ,the driver of the bus had a small seizure, and a couple of passengers reported feeling ill.

Crews are decontaminating the area, but Drew Snider with TransLink says they are all okay.

"Right now because we don't know what the substance is, the entire bus loop is quarantined, there is yellow tape all around and and anybody in the loop at the time is stuck behind the yellow tape."

A bus driver in the area told us they are hosing people down.

News1130's Kim Seale is flying overhead and says a huge area of Coquitlam Station Bus Loop near Barnet and Lougheed is taped off.

"I'm just actually surprised at the area that's taped off, that's a huge area, that bus loop can handle a number of buses, the entire bus loop area itself is taped off, in addition to that there is a small portion of the park area, where you would park your vehicles for the park and ride, that's also under yellow tape."

Just after noon, a caller to the newsroom said the bus drivers was receiving medical attention. "There was a bus driver, he was on the ground, he didn't look too good. So the paramedics are checking it out, there was tons of fire trucks all around."

News1130's Treena Wood went by shortly afterwards, and said hazmat crews are focusing on a garbage can, and have spread out a tarp, and put up a tent.

RCMP are only saying they are on scene, not what has happened.

The West Coast Express station parking lot is being used as a temporary bus loop.

GGnoRE 05-18-2012 03:08 PM

Thank god I drove my car to work today

Teh Doucher 05-18-2012 03:17 PM

Heard about this on the radio.. So fucked up.

fliptuner 05-18-2012 03:19 PM

If you're DT, pay the extra money and take the Westcoast Express.

Hwy1 East completely stopped at the Cape Horn onramp. Good thing I took Brunette.

iam_dan 05-18-2012 03:25 PM

my coworker came back from lunch telling me traffic is insane there, and she saw a stretcher that was fully covered by a cloth. maybe there had been a casualty ...

fliptuner 05-18-2012 03:36 PM

Only thing I heard was that the bus driver had a seizure.

roflwaffle604 05-18-2012 03:48 PM

drove by this ~12:30ish and was wondering wtf was going on

MindBomber 05-18-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 7922466)
Only thing I heard was that the bus driver had a seizure.

Quote:

Snider said two people got off the bus at the Coquitlam loop this morning and told the 97B line bus driver they felt ill. He continued his way to the Lougheed station and upon his arrival back to Coquitlam began to fell sick, too, and collapsed.

He wasn't taken to hospital, however, and Snider said he was up and walking around later in the day.
The Tri-City News - UPDATE: Coquitlam bus loop shut down

drunkrussian 05-18-2012 04:23 PM

hoooly

ajax 05-18-2012 05:19 PM

Took the westcoast and got off at coquitlam station. Didn't see anything out of the oridinary :S

blkgsr 05-18-2012 05:25 PM

i drove right past the whole thing at 4:10...traffic was fine, but shit did look serious

they had all the trucks/cars/buses parked so you couldn't see the whole thing too well

pawdregry4g 05-18-2012 05:59 PM

No hazardous material found on Coquitlam bus - News1130

Quote:

COQUITLAM (NEWS1130) - A bus driver and several passengers got sick, but it appears the unknown white powder found on the bus is not to blame.

Emergency crews were extra careful with the situation because at the same time the substance was reported, the driver of the bus had a small seizure, and a couple of passengers reported feeling ill. It is now believed the seizure and illnesses are not related.

Crews are stilldecontaminating the area, and Drew Snider with TransLink says everyone is okay.

"Right now because we don't know what the substance is, the entire bus loop is quarantined, there is yellow tape all around and and anybody in the loop at the time is stuck behind the yellow tape."

News1130's Kim Seale was flying overhead and says a huge area of Coquitlam Station Bus Loop near Barnet and Lougheed is taped off.

"I'm just actually surprised at the area that's taped off, that's a huge area, that bus loop can handle a number of buses, the entire bus loop area itself is taped off, in addition to that there is a small portion of the park area, where you would park your vehicles for the park and ride, that's also under yellow tape."

Just after noon, a caller to the newsroom said the bus drivers was receiving medical attention. "There was a bus driver, he was on the ground, he didn't look too good. So the paramedics are checking it out, there was tons of fire trucks all around."

The West Coast Express station parking lot is being used as a temporary bus loop.

The area is still closed but RCMP expect it to re-open shortly.

flagella 05-18-2012 08:19 PM

Fucking idiots.

ilovebacon 05-19-2012 04:23 AM

maybe someone had bought flower and the bag has holes in em.

hk20000 05-19-2012 06:26 AM

Zombie outbreak. Brace yourselves

Everymans 05-19-2012 10:57 AM

Kim seale has one of the coolest job in this city. Gets to fly around and see all the crazy shit that goes on in this city. It would be awesome if they had a ride along contest or something.

InvisibleSoul 05-19-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 7922870)
maybe someone had bought flower and the bag has holes in em.

:fuckthatshit:

hchang 05-19-2012 03:54 PM

I don't know if this was related but I saw an unmarked crown vic being pushed by a construction truck being lead by an unmarked ford police truck with lights flashing right before the port mann yesterday.

Traffic was backed all the way to kensington.

Mr.HappySilp 05-19-2012 04:18 PM

now if that happen in boardway skytrain station......