REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Recommend me a Vancouver Tailor (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668320-recommend-me-vancouver-tailor.html)

dasani604 05-20-2012 11:42 PM

Recommend me a Vancouver Tailor

I'm in need of a tailor to alter suits/dress pants/shirts etc. I did some searching but I haven't been able to find information that is recent. Someone suggest me a tailor in the West side of Vancouver/Downtown please.

Edit: Ah completely forgot, Albert's tailors. I thought he closed down but he moved to a different location.

StylinRed 05-21-2012 01:16 AM

use search pretty sure there's been a few threads or postings about local tailors in a number of topcis

sonick 05-21-2012 12:32 PM

Oakridge Tailors.

flameboy54 05-23-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7924569)
Oakridge Tailors.

+1 for Oakridge Tailors

bananana 05-23-2012 12:01 PM

Oakridge tailors is closed until June.

LC21 05-23-2012 02:50 PM

Albert's tailor.

/end thread

JLC 06-03-2012 10:46 PM

Oakridge Tailors is highly well known to be a top notch tailor.

Another awesome one is on Howe St called Townline Tailors.
I know when Harry Rosen gets overloaded with alterations, they send it out to Townline to take care of.

Tapioca 06-05-2012 10:35 AM

I use Albert frequently for simple alterations like taking in pants and shirts. However if you require work on jackets, he's hesitant. He's generally quick, but if you won't get a replication of fancier stitching.

For more complex work on jackets (e.g. New shoulder pads), I've had to take my jackets to Oakridge Tailors.

dasani604 06-05-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 7938293)
I use Albert frequently for simple alterations like taking in pants and shirts. However if you require work on jackets, he's hesitant. He's generally quick, but if you won't get a replication of fancier stitching.

For more complex work on jackets (e.g. New shoulder pads), I've had to take my jackets to Oakridge Tailors.

Does Oakridge Tailors do all kinds of jackets (besides suits/blazers). I have this one jacket that I bought a while ago but now it's way too poofy/big. It's not a blazer and I'm curious if Albert would take it on, but after seeing your post I'm assuming it wouldn't be the best idea (Y U NO PERFECT FANCY STITCH JACKETS ALBERT :yuno:). Also, I have some shirts that need to be (forgot the term) reduced in stomach/torso size so it's less baggy. Would Albert still be good at those? I usually only go to Albert for hemming my pants.

sonick 06-05-2012 11:50 AM

Ya I've heard people taking in peacoats and stuff to Oakridge Tailors for alterations.

Tapioca 06-05-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasani604 (Post 7938337)
Does Oakridge Tailors do all kinds of jackets (besides suits/blazers). I have this one jacket that I bought a while ago but now it's way too poofy/big. It's not a blazer and I'm curious if Albert would take it on, but after seeing your post I'm assuming it wouldn't be the best idea (Y U NO PERFECT FANCY STITCH JACKETS ALBERT :yuno:). Also, I have some shirts that need to be (forgot the term) reduced in stomach/torso size so it's less baggy. Would Albert still be good at those? I usually only go to Albert for hemming my pants.

Tightening up the torso area on a dress shirt can involve two approaches:

1. Darts at the back
2. Undoing the sides and re-stitching the shirt so that it's tighter.

I've had Albert do both on my shirts with pretty decent results. Like I said, if your shirt has double-stitching on the sides, Albert will cut a corner and just use a single layer of stitching. If your shirt isn't from a designer, the no biggie.

XplicitLuder 06-05-2012 06:57 PM

hey guys sorry to threadjack, but is there any good tailors for prom dresses that you guys know? my gf's dress, her current tailor, really fucked it up and its extremely tight around her back/breast area and she doesnt enjoy wearing it cus its SO tight. Is there anywhere that it can be taken and have it out before friday ? i know its short notice but..i really want her to enjoy her grad lol if no one knows anywhere thats fine, at least i tried :okay:

Tapioca 06-05-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 7938781)
hey guys sorry to threadjack, but is there any good tailors for prom dresses that you guys know? my gf's dress, her current tailor, really fucked it up and its extremely tight around her back/breast area and she doesnt enjoy wearing it cus its SO tight. Is there anywhere that it can be taken and have it out before friday ? i know its short notice but..i really want her to enjoy her grad lol if no one knows anywhere thats fine, at least i tried :okay:

Well, your girlfriend has to determine if it can actually be taken out. Usually once something is taken in, it can't be taken out because the excess fabric will be gone.

Are there overlapping areas of fabric where it was taken in?

XplicitLuder 06-05-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 7938923)
Well, your girlfriend has to determine if it can actually be taken out. Usually once something is taken in, it can't be taken out because the excess fabric will be gone.

Are there overlapping areas of fabric where it was taken in?

not too sure lol but another member here msg'd me so i got that contact and gf said her mom is just taking it to someone else apparently so i guess its covered now.

MonkeyKing 01-04-2013 12:16 PM

Swan Laundry - Best Dry cleaning Service and Tailoring

Not really racist! 03-22-2013 12:05 AM

bumping up this thread

anybody get tailoring done at instant tailoring @ brentwood mall?
how was it and how much did it cost?

DawnJohny 03-24-2013 11:45 PM

sorry friend, i am from Hong Kong and i know only the tailors of Hong Kong.In Hong Kong LifeTime Tailor is the best tailor.He has a lot of fabrics,styles and designs of bespoke suits.

bcrdukes 03-24-2013 11:54 PM

lol Revscene.co.hk

Not really racist! 03-25-2013 08:09 AM

im gonna skytrain and then transfer to MTR to Jordan

shouldn't be too hard :badpokerface:

dachinesedude 03-25-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnJohny (Post 8194117)
sorry friend, i am from Hong Kong and i know only the tailors of Hong Kong.In Hong Kong LifeTime Tailor is the best tailor.He has a lot of fabrics,styles and designs of bespoke suits.

you joined just to post that?

cool story bro

!SG 03-25-2013 07:04 PM

simpson sin tailor was reconmended in hk...

ChiGGs 04-19-2013 06:03 PM

The Laundry Basket & Dry Cleaners - Metrotown - Burnaby, BC

Nancy at Laundry Basket and Dry Cleaners in Burnaby does a good job.