REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, & Security Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/audio-video-security-tech_10/)
-   -   where to buy? honda speaker connectors. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668701-where-buy-honda-speaker-connectors.html)

TurboTalon 05-28-2012 06:59 PM

where to buy? honda speaker connectors.

Just wondering if anywhere locally stocks these,

Honda/Acura Wire Harness speakers, 1990-up

thanks in advance.

Soundy 05-28-2012 07:19 PM

Make your own.

Connect to harness:
http://www.rpelectronics.com/Media/400/1750-1756.jpg

Connect to speaker:
http://www.rpelectronics.com/Media/400/1749-1755.jpg

orgasm_donor 05-28-2012 08:04 PM

We usually solder directly on to the factory wires so you can still keep the factory plug.

inv4zn 05-29-2012 12:36 AM

I found out a couple days ago that you can 'unpin' the pins from your Honda's connectors. If you look closely into the plastic connector that's attached to your car (not the speaker) you can push up a tab and a wire just slides out.

That wire already has a standard speaker connector so you can pretty much just connect it to your speaker.

TurboTalon 05-29-2012 07:33 AM

thanks everyone for the suggestions, but this is for hooking up my stock sub woofer wiring to and aftermarket subwoofer with high level in's, and I just wanted an ultra factory, ultra reversable/quick disconnect solution.

Soundy 05-29-2012 05:51 PM

All that harness is doing is tying together the two connectors I posted, and putting two of them in a fancy plastic block. The "harness" lists for $14... the connectors are 14 cents, and work exactly the same way just without the plastic block. Why would you pay an extra $13 just to make it "pretty"?

TurboTalon 05-31-2012 06:32 PM

Because I am adding a powered subwoofer into the trunk of my civic, using the factory subwoofer wiring as an input. Whenever I need to make extra room in the trunk, ie for trips and what not, i would like to quickly disconnect everything, and plug the connector back into the factory subwoofer.

inv4zn 05-31-2012 08:37 PM

Technical details aside, that sounds like a good reason lol - unfortunately I think you're going to have to just buy them online at list price.

Soundy 05-31-2012 09:39 PM

Those connectors I linked are called "QUICK CONNECTS" for a reason...

It's three days since the original post... in half an hour, you could have gone to your nearest Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Princess Auto, Rona, Home Hardware, Lordco, NAPA, or pretty much any auto-accessory store, bought a package of connectors for about $2, and had the cables made and the sub working.

Just sayin'.

TurboTalon 06-01-2012 09:00 AM

The sub is working and has been since the day that I got it, I just jammed the wires into the factory harness connector (temporary solution in my opinion). I am a technician at toyota, and know what those quick connects are, we have a drawer full of hundreds of them here at the dealership. Cutting off the connector like you suggested, will not allow me to quickly reconnect the factory subwoofer, as I stated was pretty much the whole reason why I wanted to buy connectors.

inv4zn 06-01-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboTalon (Post 7934550)
The sub is working and has been since the day that I got it, I just jammed the wires into the factory harness connector (temporary solution in my opinion). I am a technician at toyota, and know what those quick connects are, we have a drawer full of hundreds of them here at the dealership. Cutting off the connector like you suggested, will not allow me to quickly reconnect the factory subwoofer, as I stated was pretty much the whole reason why I wanted to buy connectors.

:suspicious:

TurboTalon 06-01-2012 10:44 AM

^ useful post

I go through the trouble of explaning exactly why I wanted to purchase the OEM style connector, and you still don't understand.

SumAznGuy 06-01-2012 11:28 AM

Would running a T tap into the stock wire be an option for you?

TurboTalon 06-01-2012 11:58 AM

Yes, considered it, but just went ahead and ordered from crutchfield. Thanks for the suggestions.

Soundy 06-01-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboTalon (Post 7934550)

Technician... right. Apparently unable to follow simple instructions or figure out something so brutally simple on your own. Let me guess: sanitation technician?

Nowhere did I suggest cutting anything off. Male quick-connects will plug right into the factory harness. Put them on one end of a piece of speaker wire, put the females on the other end - plug male ends into factory harness, plug female ends into aftermarket sub. Boom, done. Free, since you have all the materials on-hand. Could have been done four days ago.

But since you apparently prefer to spend money for something you'll have to wait for... perhaps you'd like to buy this nice bridge I have here. Delivery in six-to-eight weeks.

TurboTalon 06-01-2012 04:17 PM

Someone got her panties in a bunch, my "useful post" was directed at Inv4zn.