REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Help: Inquiring about online number service (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668727-help-inquiring-about-online-number-service.html)

ntan 05-29-2012 09:59 AM

Help: Inquiring about online number service

I'm in need of urgent help regarding an online number service, so I hope it's okay to ask in VOT.

I'm moving to Ottawa for work but I would like to keep my Vancouver number. My present Vancouver plan has a long distance plan, so I would be able to use my Vancouver phone in Ottawa without any additional fees. However, those in Ottawa calling me would be charged long distance, as I would still be using a Vancouver number.

I am looking into services such as Online Number and hoping those on RS with experience with such services can help me out.

From my understanding, I can setup my Online Number with an Ottawa area code, forward all calls to my Vancouver mobile number, allowing those local to Ottawa to call me free-of-charge. I would receive calls free-of-charge (Since I have a long distance plan), while maintaining my Vancouver number. Is this correct?

If so, are there any Online Number services that are available in Canada? I looked into Skype Online Number service but they are not available in Canada.

Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated. I am adamant about keeping my Vancouver number, and presently signed with Fido, and my contract doesn't end until next year =|.

Gh0stRider 05-29-2012 10:10 AM

Free Phone Line - Phone Service

Shorn 05-29-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0stRider (Post 7931575)

what a misleading company name. doesn't seem like any of their services are free. all i see is fees and credits all over the page.

fsy82 05-29-2012 10:21 AM

Why don't you register a Ottawa number for the ppl in living in Ottawa and forward your Vancouver # to the Ottawa #?

Gh0stRider 05-29-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorn (Post 7931584)
what a misleading company name. doesn't seem like any of their services are free. all i see is fees and credits all over the page.

canadian calls are free, its international calls that you need to pay for.

ntan 05-29-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsy82 (Post 7931588)
Why don't you register a Ottawa number for the ppl in living in Ottawa and forward your Vancouver # to the Ottawa #?

Because my present Vancouver plan has long distance included, and I'm bounded by a contract. I'm looking for a cost-effective method, hence a reliable Online Number service.

Edit: I just tried Dell Voice and it works exactly how I want it. I created a number with an Ottawa area code, and any time someone calls that number, it gets forwarded to my Vancouver number. Best of all, it's free!

lilaznviper 05-29-2012 12:34 PM

if u have a smart phone download an app called dell voice. can get a 604 number and can get a ottawa number