REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   I need a windbreaker... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668835-i-need-windbreaker.html)

CorneringArtist 05-31-2012 07:06 AM

I need a windbreaker...

I'm kinda getting tired of wearing a vintage-style Nike shell jacket as a windbreaker, so I'm trying to look for something that I can wear daily, but can also be used if I have to attend something semi-formal. I looked into Superdry, but the Windcheater only goes up to Large, and I need 2XL or even 3XL if it's a smaller fit.

So I'm wondering what RS'ers are running as windbreakers, and hopefully for under $200. Thanks.

PJ 05-31-2012 08:21 AM

A bit more of a "grown-up" look, but Columbia at the premium outlets had some good ones.

buddy 05-31-2012 08:25 AM

I wear North face at work everyday

gars 05-31-2012 09:01 AM

Look at Spiewak, I'm a huge fan of their stuff. I don't think you'll be able to find it in Canada though, but there's a few retailers in Seattle that carry it.

You're probably looking at $200-250, but their jackets are well constructed and will last you a long time.

Mochiko 05-31-2012 09:55 AM

Arc'teryx makes some nice "grown-up" looking jackets. They are a bit more on the expensive side, but overall are good quality from what I've heard. You can buy them online or at Atmosphere (attached to most Sportcheks)

+1 for Columbia jackets from premium outlets. I bought a windbreaker from them a while back and so far it has been holding up well.

sonick 05-31-2012 11:06 AM

Find a harrington-style jacket. Classic, great for casual or dressed up.

PJ 05-31-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochiko (Post 7933667)

+1 for Columbia jackets from premium outlets. I bought a windbreaker from them a while back and so far it has been holding up well.

Yeah, a friend of mine bought a windbreaker from Premium Outlets' Columbia for $120ish, and one day we were in Richmond Centre and found the same one for $250.

Columbia has a pretty good selection of jackets/windbreakers. Not all of them are the "grown-up" black gore-tex jackets.

Check them out in Premium Outlets for sure.

instantneedles 05-31-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddy (Post 7933602)
I wear North face at work everyday

I second north face. As long as its not one of those mainstream north face bombers, most of north faces' products are good quality.

And if superdry has come across to you as a viable option in terms of branding and logo, I'd check out g-star as well... They have some pretty fashionable windbreakers for sale from time to time. Quality-wise I wouldn't say its the best though. It passes my standards, but its not stunning.

Like what has been mentioned above, columbia and arcteryx make some good quality windbreakers as well.

Other than that, I can't really think of any others that strike me as decently priced or decently made.

Search up the streetwear sites like plndr, karmaloop, beyond the rack for some underground brands that will carry windbreakers as well...
I'm assuming u'd be into this stuff since you were considering superdry for the style..

blee123 05-31-2012 10:40 PM

Marmot makes stuff similar to columbia, its prices are a bit cheaper too. :notbad: Sold at coast mountain sports.