REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

red face - solutions?

hey fellow rsers,
so recently i stopped taking antibiotics for my acne and instead i've been drinking A LOT of water throughout the day, drinking a cup of v8 low sodium in the morning, having a very light salad in the morning and after supper, eating plain organic yogurt to help with digestion and finally taking fish oil pill before i sleep. im still getting one or two acne here or there but its nothing some benzoyl peroxide wouldn't fix over night so all its good. however, the places where i used to have acne, which includes mostly the T area of my face is always red and my whole entire face is super duper oily. sometimes when i get off a 5 hour shift, my face is almost entirely red and my face looks like it just went for a swim in a fryer! i look like an indian!! not being racist but just trying to describe my skin tone because im chinese...

now the redness in the T zone isn't particularly new, however its getting worst and the oil quantity is soaring!!
anyone with any tips on how to reduce the redness of the skin and also control my oil output?
thanks!

46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

make some DIY facial masks.

Homemade Face Masks & Scrubs: 25 Do-It-Yourself Recipes

i think in your case, the oiliness and redness could be helped by the oatmeal mask.
do you use a toner and moisturizer?
if so, what type do you use?
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^ this.

stick with a cool, organic, non-acidic, natural base. The mask should feel soothing and cool. If it starts to tingle or burn, etc. wash off right away.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
I STILL don't get it

I am sure you're already moisturizing but make sure you are using a type with SPF
jdc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

SPF moisturizer best used only if its during daytime.

Also, take it easy on the benzoyl peroxide. It dries out your skin in order to get rid of pimples and acne, but at the same time...your body detects that your skin is dry, so it starts producing a lot of oil to compensate. (this is why you should use a moisturizer)
I'd recommend the Aveeno Eczema moisturizer for you. It's the one with the baby blue cap. It contains oatmeal as well to help the redness.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

thanks, i will definitely try the oatmeal face mask!

this is currently my daily regime:
morning - cetaphil face wash, skintelligence pH skin normalizer spray***, neutrogena pure & free spf 50 lotion

evening - gowoonsesang deep pore clearing foam**, skintelligence pH skin normalizer spray***, benzoyl peroxide (if needed), a lot of cetaphil moisturizer

** http://dncosmetic.trustpass.alibaba...._Cleanser.html
***http://www.marketamerica.com/product...tm#prodReviews

also thanks for the recommendation regarding the aveeno moisturizer, i will go grab it tonight!

Last edited by 46_valentinor; 06-04-2012 at 01:11 PM.
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^ you may be over treating your face. Be careful....even though these products may not aggravate your skin when used alone, together it may not be the best solution to your issue.

Try using just a simple wash (like cetaphil) and a moisturizer that already has a sun screen included only ONCE a day.

Over washing can create redness...you need to let your skin rest and re-build. If you are always washing away your natural skin oils, that would easily aggravate it.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote