REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   mole removal (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669232-mole-removal.html)

trip 06-08-2012 03:20 AM

mole removal

any recommendations on places locally to get it down by laser?

tips/feedback/experiences/costs

i've had one taken out and stitched up from the doctors but thats it

FatalCloud 06-11-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip (Post 7941457)
any recommendations on places locally to get it down by laser?

tips/feedback/experiences/costs

i've had one taken out and stitched up from the doctors but thats it

how did the doctor take it out? was it effective? was it covered or you had to pay?

iam_dan 06-11-2012 02:39 PM

did it heal ok?

i got one removed from my leg awhile back. that spot doesnt grow any hair anymore, and left a mark. i also cant feel anything from that spot now. (done by cut + stitch)

my girlfriend wants a mole removed too, but was considering laser. id also like to know of some local places

Overseas Auto1 06-11-2012 07:37 PM

I think you should speak to a couple doctors. They can send you to a skin doctor that can either do laser or surgery.

BaoTurbo 06-11-2012 11:33 PM

I had one taken out at the Vancouver hospital on the left side of my face. It was yea, cut and stitch but I still can feel that spot though 0.o

trip 06-12-2012 12:41 AM

i had one that was benign on my neck. i had it taken out at a drop in clinic by cut/stitch and it was covered under medical.
i got a small little scar and hair grows from as its close to my chin/jaw and yes theres still feeling

im looking more in terms of laser because it will be cosmetic (on face)

Zordon 06-12-2012 09:12 AM

i had 5 moles removed on my face with lasers about 10 years ago. The experience was pretty awful in terms of the laser. They made me wear these metal goggles and had previously numbed the surface area before proceeding. Let me tell you that the numbing had no effect as the laser felt like someone was hammering a sharp object into my face. At times i can hear it ring off the goggles... Out of the 5 moles, i had one come back and you can still sorta see the mark that was left behind. I don't recall the doctor that did it but i sure hope technology has advanced in the last 10 years.

dohboi 06-12-2012 08:24 PM

I've had lots of "sun spots" removed via laser, it was expensive, done at the Vancouver Skin Laser across from VGH's emergency entrance (diagonally across)
It was like $150 a session and took like 5-10 sessions, but unlimited amounts. Lasers safer as it doesn't do nerve damage in most cases or scar (the reason why its spread across 10 sessions versus 1)
But the after effect, you can't touch the area and like blood was running down my face, with all the news lately in zombies, people will start running from you as they're gonna think you're a zombie =)

Expensive, I did this about 10 years ago, most of them came back as I only did 5 of 10 sessions. And they usually never go away for good, but no scarring, little risk. But the ones that did come back are a lot smaller now than they were originally.

I intend to go back but after the laser, you have to stay out of the sun for a while so I'm going to wait till September before I start again.