REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Blown Hamstring=Achilles Swelling too?

Heard a pop in my hamstring last night while playing touch rugby and instantly knew something was wrong. Was able to walk around on it afterwards while the day finished up and compressed/iced it when I got home. Woke up this morning to find it a little less sore, but my Achilles was really swollen and it's aggravated to the point where I'm having a harder time walking right now than I did last night.

So has anyone ever experienced a hamstring blowout/strain and have any remedies? Also did you have issues with your Achilles when it happened?

TIA

RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
You could have popped your Achilles tendon. Achilles tendon rupture is a partial or complete tear of the Achilles tendon. It comes on suddenly, sometimes with a popping sound. Could you have possibly injured both?

Berz out.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
You could have popped your Achilles tendon. Achilles tendon rupture is a partial or complete tear of the Achilles tendon. It comes on suddenly, sometimes with a popping sound. Could you have possibly injured both?

Berz out.
I heard the pop in my hamstring for sure because that was the first thing that was sore when I came up lame after it happened. I didn't really have any issues with my Achilles last night though. The heel area of my foot almost had zero pain. Could there be a delayed onset of the pain that comes with a rupture after waking up the next morning?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Yes and as tendons go the pain can transfer if one is relaxed or tensed up to compensate for an injury. I was playing hockey with a guy and he got a light tap on his bicep. The next day it was a small ball up in his shoulder. The muscle detached and drew itself up. They had to go in and pull the muscle down and reattach it. Do you have any lumps forming? I would go get it looked it if I were you ASAP.

Berz out.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

If I remember correctly your achilles can snap up to your hamstring. Maybe it was that? Go see a doc asap.
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,191 Times in 481 Posts
Do the Thompson Test to check of your Achilles tendon is ruptured
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My buddy had his rupture a while ago. He heard a pop and felt as if somebody hit his ankle with a baseball bat.

Lift your leg and see whether or not your feet 'dangles' with no motion. Rupture archilles = emergency ward and emergency surgery.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #8

Got my mom to do the Thompson Test. Moved, but felt really weak so it's not ruptured (I think.). I took off the compression bandages I had on all day to stretch everything out a bit and things are feeling a little better since I started stretching out the hamstring so I guessing my Achilles is compensating for the tightness in the hammer. Weird thing is my ankle/achillies was perfectly fine last night after the strain so I couldn't see there was a correlation between the two.