REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Blown Hamstring=Achilles Swelling too? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669247-blown-hamstring%3Dachilles-swelling-too.html)

RacingMetro92 06-08-2012 12:09 PM

Blown Hamstring=Achilles Swelling too?

Heard a pop in my hamstring last night while playing touch rugby and instantly knew something was wrong. Was able to walk around on it afterwards while the day finished up and compressed/iced it when I got home. Woke up this morning to find it a little less sore, but my Achilles was really swollen and it's aggravated to the point where I'm having a harder time walking right now than I did last night.

So has anyone ever experienced a hamstring blowout/strain and have any remedies? Also did you have issues with your Achilles when it happened?

TIA

Berzerker 06-08-2012 12:13 PM

You could have popped your Achilles tendon. Achilles tendon rupture is a partial or complete tear of the Achilles tendon. It comes on suddenly, sometimes with a popping sound. Could you have possibly injured both?

Berz out.

RacingMetro92 06-08-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7941731)
You could have popped your Achilles tendon. Achilles tendon rupture is a partial or complete tear of the Achilles tendon. It comes on suddenly, sometimes with a popping sound. Could you have possibly injured both?

Berz out.

I heard the pop in my hamstring for sure because that was the first thing that was sore when I came up lame after it happened. I didn't really have any issues with my Achilles last night though. The heel area of my foot almost had zero pain. Could there be a delayed onset of the pain that comes with a rupture after waking up the next morning?

Berzerker 06-08-2012 12:42 PM

Yes and as tendons go the pain can transfer if one is relaxed or tensed up to compensate for an injury. I was playing hockey with a guy and he got a light tap on his bicep. The next day it was a small ball up in his shoulder. The muscle detached and drew itself up. They had to go in and pull the muscle down and reattach it. Do you have any lumps forming? I would go get it looked it if I were you ASAP.

Berz out.

Pooface55 06-08-2012 02:18 PM

If I remember correctly your achilles can snap up to your hamstring. Maybe it was that? Go see a doc asap.

SSM_DC5 06-08-2012 06:29 PM

Do the Thompson Test to check of your Achilles tendon is ruptured

Gnomes 06-08-2012 07:06 PM

My buddy had his rupture a while ago. He heard a pop and felt as if somebody hit his ankle with a baseball bat.

Lift your leg and see whether or not your feet 'dangles' with no motion. Rupture archilles = emergency ward and emergency surgery.

RacingMetro92 06-08-2012 07:50 PM

Got my mom to do the Thompson Test. Moved, but felt really weak so it's not ruptured (I think.). I took off the compression bandages I had on all day to stretch everything out a bit and things are feeling a little better since I started stretching out the hamstring so I guessing my Achilles is compensating for the tightness in the hammer. Weird thing is my ankle/achillies was perfectly fine last night after the strain so I couldn't see there was a correlation between the two.