REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #4851
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
A tangible benefit for the fans should be discounted tickets for a few home games.
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #4852
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
LOL. some guy on my hockey pool picked tim thomas and another picked lubomir visnovsky

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #4853
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
DATE TIME LOCATION EVENT
Sun., Jan. 13 3:00 – 3:45 pm Rogers Arena Practice
Mon., Jan. 14 9:00 am – 12:30 pm Rogers Arena Practice
Tues., Jan. 15 9:00 am – 12:30 pm Rogers Arena Practice
Wed., Jan. 16 6:30 – 8:00 pm Rogers Arena Scrimmage (Ticket required)
Thurs., Jan. 17 6:30 – 8:00 pm Rogers Arena Scrimmage (Ticket required)
Fri., Jan. 18 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Rogers Arena Practice
Anyone know how much these tickets will cost?
And is it arranged seating?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #4854
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ Tickets are free. There isn't any details yet I think.
Should probably be first come first serve.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #4855
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
LOL. some guy on my hockey pool picked tim thomas and another picked lubomir visnovsky
what about scott gomez?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #4856
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
what about scott gomez?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #4857
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
fuck..
The similarity of this incident. I think Brash was still on the Canucks during the Bert incidient?
Anyways, I was at the Bert game the reaction went from FUCKING RIGHT to dead silence in a matter of 10minutes

Last edited by Tim Budong; 01-14-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #4858
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
wat?
Maybe he means he has more talent than Rome, but is lazy?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #4859
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

so in the heels of the Brashear thing, more shit has come out about the Bertuzzi case, doesn't seem like it's very favorable for him.

Bertuzzi-Moore court documents shed light on ex-NHL player

Quote:
Ever since his NHL career was cut short in March 2004, Steve Moore’s life has been cloaked in secrecy, his family and lawyer shielding him from public scrutiny.
New court documents obtained by the Star before Moore’s $60 million lawsuit against Todd Bertuzzi begins in Ontario Superior Court offer a window into Moore’s current day-to-day struggles with memory and focus, and the 34-year-old’s future prospects for employment.
The trial, which will be decided by six jurors, was scheduled to begin Jan. 28 but has been delayed until April because of several procedural appeals.
The court hearing could last several months.
It’s unclear whether any current or former NHL employees will cooperate with Moore’s lawyer Tim Danson. In court filings Danson has discussed his frustrations over hockey’s “code,” an unspoken agreement by players not to publicly discuss the unseemly side of the game.
Several current and former Vancouver Canucks players, including Markus Naslund and Henrik and Daniel Sedin, have refused to testify on behalf of Moore, a source told the Star. Naslund and the Sedins could provide details about what was said in the Canucks locker room before Bertuzzi’s attack.
“The hockey club, its parent company and its legal representation will refrain from any public comment that pertains to an issue before the courts,” said Ben Brown, a Canucks spokesperson.
Danson declined to comment. Bertuzzi’s lawyer Geoff Adair couldn’t be reached.
During a March 8, 2004 game between the Canucks and Colorado Avalanche, Bertuzzi, then playing for Vancouver, struck Moore from behind. He punched him in the side of the head and then drove his head into the ice. After lying in a pool of blood for several minutes, Moore was removed on a stretcher.
Moore, then 25, suffered three broken vertebrae and deep facial cuts. His NHL career was over. Danson has said he’s suffered from concussion-related symptoms ever since, hindering his ability to find work outside hockey.
While Moore has asked for $60 million, roughly as much money as Bertuzzi has made in his NHL career, a jury can award as much money as it sees fit based on the evidence presented to the court.
In exchange for Bertuzzi dropping a cross-claim lawsuit against the Canucks, the team signed a secret agreement with the power forward agreeing to cover some percentage of his liability.
The recently filed court documents highlight the mental troubles Moore’s lawyers say he has struggled with since his career-ending injury and reveal details about his efforts to take an admissions test in 2010 for graduate school.
Moore’s family members said he “can no longer study effectively on his own. . . . He loses focus and is inaccurate and forgetful,” the documents say. “His communication skills, the ability to quickly and clearly follow more complex conversations, for example, are compromised. He has difficulties establishing priorities and making decisions. . . . His judgment is questionable.”
Moore, who has an IQ of about 140, twice wrote the GMAT exam, taken by those hoping to attend graduate school, the documents say. During his first attempt, on March 3, 2010, he scored in the 68th percentile, which means he scored higher than 68 per cent of those who took the test during the previous three years.
On his second attempt, on April 5, 2010, Moore scored in the 88th percentile.
Moore was allowed 50 per cent more time, an extra break, earplugs and an adjustable chair when he took the tests.
The documents cite Kevin Murphy, a psychologist who examined Moore.
Murphy concludes Moore had “highly superior cognitive abilities” before his injury, but since Bertuzzi’s attack “does not exhibit the ability to plan, make decisions, set priorities, and to multi-task and is not capable of performing adequately in a wide range of managerial, executive, and professional work.
“Moore’s current job prospects are restricted to work that is more routine, less autonomous, less opportune for advancement, and significantly less remunerative than his former prospects.”
A company called HR Squared consultants was hired by Moore’s lawyer to provide an expert opinion of Mr. Moore’s post-hockey lost income.
The company concluded Moore before his injuries had the chance to work as an investment banker, portfolio manager, high-net-worth adviser, salesperson or perhaps a research analyst. But his “shortcomings” following his injury “would make it difficult for him to perform the job successfully.
“In sum: While it is possible that Steve Moore could obtain employment as a hedge fund marketer, there is a very low probability that he would have been able to keep the job,” the court filings say.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #4860
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
so in the heels of the Brashear thing, more shit has come out about the Bertuzzi case, doesn't seem like it's very favorable for him.

Bertuzzi-Moore court documents shed light on ex-NHL player
There is no way to make it favourable for Bertuzzi. All the Bertuzzi sympathizers and Moore haters come across as clueless idiots, IMO.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #4861
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Its been talked about over and over. Its unfortunate to what happened to steve moore but fuck him. Hes been trying to milk this cow and the cows next to it this whole time. Im gonna go out on a limb and say hes been faking his symptoms. How easy is it to fake a headache or show signs of a.d.d on command. And the experts Moore has hired are full of shit imo.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #4862
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Its been talked about over and over. Its unfortunate to what happened to steve moore but fuck him. Hes been trying to milk this cow and the cows next to it this whole time. Im gonna go out on a limb and say hes been faking his symptoms. How easy is it to fake a headache or show signs of a.d.d on command. And the experts Moore has hired are full of shit imo.
Posted via RS Mobile
Milking the cow - perhaps. But faking symptoms is stretching it, IMO.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #4863
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
U have people faking back injuries to make a couple thousands bucks from icbc. U dont think he could fake being stupid for millions?
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #4864
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
U have people faking back injuries to make a couple thousands bucks from icbc. U dont think he could fake being stupid for millions?
Posted via RS Mobile
THIS. Moore isn't your standard middle class hockey player. He comes from a wealthy family of greedy lawyers.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #4865
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
There are two separate events.

1) Actual incident
2) Aftermath and lawsuit

As for the actual incident, there should be no one that sides with Bertuzzi. As a professional athlete, you should be aware of your actions and the consequences (even though I'm sure Bertuzzi did not intend for such a severe outcome).

Then the aftermath with the lawsuit. I see nothing wrong with the lawsuit. While some of you may agree that Moore is milking Bertuzzi, I highly doubt Moore is "fake[ing] being stupid for millions". Doctors say that he's suffered a permanent brain injury, and you can't fake that in the court of law. There's probably substantial evidence to back up the claims.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #4866
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Canucks just signed Cam Barker on a 1-year contract
Canucks sign D Barker to one-year, $700,000 contract

Looks like a solid pickup if he's healthy.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #4867
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Canucks just signed Cam Barker on a 1-year contract
Canucks sign D Barker to one-year, $700,000 contract

Looks like a solid pickup if he's healthy.
yesterdays news..
but aside from that, he was a pylon and sorta slow out there at practice yesterday
he's wearing no18 helmet
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #4868
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
yesterdays news..
but aside from that, he was a pylon and sorta slow out there at practice yesterday
he's wearing no18 helmet
Vandermeer signed today

Canucks now have 9 D's.. someone is being moved?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #4869
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
Vandermeer signed today

Depth
re-entry waivers dont cost shit now haha
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #4870
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Vandermeer signed today

2 way deal @ 650k (or 600k?). I'm assuming it's for the farm team and insurance down the stretch.

http://www.teamradio.ca/news/canucks...im-vandermeer/
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #4871

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Vandermeer signed today

Hopefully Ballard

But other than that, solid signing. Vandermeer would be a great #6 dman, or if someone was injured.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #4872

not sure if it was lebrun or another reporter that said the signing of barker and interest in vandermeer wasnt just for depth but so someone could be traded along with luongo or in a separate deal to get more forward depth. i figure its ballard but kind of worried about edler as he deserves more than 4.5mil a season which gillis may not do.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #4873
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Vandermeer signed today

Elliot Friedman's take:

Quote:
Adding Cam Barker gives Vancouver eight NHL blue-liners. The New Jersey Devils also have eight and the Buffalo Sabres nine. Pittsburgh has seven, but the Penguins are loaded with prospects at this position. The question here is, do these teams believe you can't have enough defencemen during this shortened season or will they talk trade with others (Detroit, Edmonton) looking for help? Now that Anton Volchenkov is healthy, opponents believe the Devils, in particular, are searching for a partner with a forward to trade.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #4874
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
TSN.ca ALERT: Stars trade D Mark Fistric to Oilers for third-round pick in 2013 Draft.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #4875
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
You can never have too many dman. Hamhuis has a minor groin strain already.
Posted via RS Mobile
Closed Thread