REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #6976
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Man 2 days without a game and this thread turns into a gong show again
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #6977
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Interesting how much the situation has changed but I'm pleased Reimer seems to be back to form and the Luongo-to-Leafs trade talk has died down.

Gotta wonder how Schneider and his agent truley feel about the situation. This is supposed to be his team, his starting job. He waited to sign a contract until he was assured he would be the starter and Luongo would be traded.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #6978
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
As much as I want to see Ovie in a Canucks uniform.

It defeats the purpose of Washington acquiring luongo and giving Ovie away.

Isn't it because their window is limited and they want to win and they are building around Ovie? They need a goalie so they are acquiring lu?

It might end up being brouwer Carlson( he was targeted last season) and a prospect or pick.

Basically same as the Toronto deal. Top 6 forward plus top 4 dman and pick
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #6979
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
What's with all the Ovie to Canucks garbage?!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #6980
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Tim Thomas got his starting job with the Bruins at 32 and won the stanley cup at 36, displaying best numbers anyone has seen.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #6981
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
what the fuck happened to this thread lol

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #6982
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
So who's the asshole who reported that Gillis/Gilman were attending the Caps/Pens game
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #6983
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Funny how 1 week ago, there was ZERO talk about even the possibility or thought of moving Schneider. And now, after 3 straight strong regular season performances (which is not out of the ordinary for Lu) people seem so much more willing to arm-chair move Schneider.

Lu is a proven goalie with a monster contract (that can be bought out) who has choked under pressure, but this may be the year he takes a team all the way? It'd be great to be on the winning end of that. Schneider is a great unproven goalie with a reasonable contract who may not even pan out (like many young goalies in the past), it would suck for a team to trade and give up valuable assets only to discover that he isn't cut out to be a starter. I'm not convinced Schneider gets you back more than Luongo at this point.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #6984

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
This is a pretty similar situation like Thomas/Rask in Boston.

Thomas lost his starters job to a young Rask

Eventually won it back, went beast mode in the playoffs and we all know what happened.

Oh the irony if it happened to Luongo/Schneider... I wouldn't be disappointed with that outcome though
Old 02-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #6985
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Obviously he was scouting Crosby.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #6986
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Funny how 1 week ago, there was ZERO talk about even the possibility or thought of moving Schneider. And now, after 3 straight strong regular season performances (which is not out of the ordinary for Lu) people seem so much more willing to arm-chair move Schneider.

Lu is a proven goalie with a monster contract (that can be bought out) who has choked under pressure, but this may be the year he takes a team all the way? It'd be great to be on the winning end of that. Schneider is a great unproven goalie with a reasonable contract who may not even pan out (like many young goalies in the past), it would suck for a team to trade and give up valuable assets only to discover that he isn't cut out to be a starter. I'm not convinced Schneider gets you back more than Luongo at this point.
Nailed it. Whether people want to admit it or not, Luongo has had some terrible meltdowns; meltdowns where you can't blame the entire team.

The 2011 Playoffs was a rollercoaster ride.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #6987

Totally agree with the Luongo choking under pressure thing,

But this season he's giving no fucks and has been playing lights out.

Imagine THAT in the playoffs.

An interesting situation Gillis has on his hands.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #6988
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Anatomy of a loss can be written in a novel when your down 2-0 and what that third goal does in the playoffs, with that said there were big games where he wasn't good enough
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #6989
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Gillis is following the Detroit model: icing a competitive team each year that can compete for the cup

No way he sells the farm like Calgary and goes all in. We all know how they turned out and they're fucked with no prospects coming up besides Baertschi (sp?)
Posted via RS Mobile
Its a good model but Detroit has 11 Stanley Cups, we have zero. I honestly dont think giving up 1-2 prospects and a 1st round pick will even hurt our future to begin with cause maybe 1 of those guys will actually make the NHL, let alone make a huge impact in his career.

Calgary was never a stanley cup contender to begin with. There Stanley Cup run was a Cinderella story never to be even close to being repeated. Calgary made alot of bad signings, overpayments, plus the huge decline in play by Iginla and Kipprusoff didnt help there club. I dont follow the flames at all but from what i remember they kept on giving up picks and prospects just to help squeeze the team into the playoffs.

Were on the verge of something great here, and im glad MG isnt just taking what he can get for one of our superstar goalies. But im hoping to god that he actually picks up a player that can make a real impact for our club right now.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #6990
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Detroit ices a competitive team with a deep pool of talent too. They're scouting has been insane.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #6991

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Detroit ices a competitive team with a deep pool of talent too. They're scouting has been insane.
Exactly.

Us on the other hand

Outside of Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Schroeder & Lack its a crap shoot.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #6992
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Exactly.

Us on the other hand

Outside of Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Schroeder & Lack its a crap shoot.
We've only completely revamped out scouting team in the past couple years.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #6993
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
i hate armchair GMing as much as the next guy, but re: the Caps, we could really use a guy like Laich. Awesome hardworking player and seems like a great guy
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #6994
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
it is what it is
this is fucking Vancouver

whatever guys. get rid of one goalie, whats next? ya'll gonna start running your mouths off on Kesler
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #6995
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Its a good model but Detroit has 11 Stanley Cups, we have zero. I honestly dont think giving up 1-2 prospects and a 1st round pick will even hurt our future to begin with cause maybe 1 of those guys will actually make the NHL, let alone make a huge impact in his career.

Calgary was never a stanley cup contender to begin with. There Stanley Cup run was a Cinderella story never to be even close to being repeated. Calgary made alot of bad signings, overpayments, plus the huge decline in play by Iginla and Kipprusoff didnt help there club. I dont follow the flames at all but from what i remember they kept on giving up picks and prospects just to help squeeze the team into the playoffs.

You just described toronto, not calgary. It's not like Calgary traded a 1st away. They only traded down the drafts. They do however have a poor drafting history in terms of who they select and poor player development. Calgary just overpays for their free agents. Good teams need players with value, meaning they play bigger than their contracts. Chicago had that with underpaid players, LA with its bottom six and detroit with its outstanding player development and two way roster.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #6996
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Anatomy of a loss can be written in a novel when your down 2-0 and what that third goal does in the playoffs, with that said there were big games where he wasn't good enough
Posted via RS Mobile
For sure. It's cyclical, team plays poorly and leaves him out to dry or make a save he shouldn't have to make. Goalie lets the 3-0 goal in when team was hoping for a save to keep them in it, team gets deflated, and gives up more chances the goalie shouldn't have to face.

I'm not all that worried about Schneider and his feelings right now. He's got a good head on his shoulders and he understands that he needs to be better to keep his starting job. I wouldn't say Lu has stolen the starter job yet. You can say MG is showcasing Lu, or AV is riding the hotter goalie. Likely a bit of both.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #6997
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post

Just hoping for Olivia Wilde's nips to be making an appearance soon

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #6998
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Schneider is a great unproven goalie with a reasonable contract who may not even pan out (like many young goalies in the past), it would suck for a team to trade and give up valuable assets only to discover that he isn't cut out to be a starter. I'm not convinced Schneider gets you back more than Luongo at this point.
Like Steve Mason
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #6999
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #7000
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
I'm just curious what Lu said after stopping Kane on the shootout attempt.

"That might work on Schenider, but not on me!"
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Closed Thread