REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #13826
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
All 6 goals scored by Stars
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #13827
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
what the fuck is a "cam barker" ...

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #13828
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #13829
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
what the fuck is a "cam barker" ...
We need this barker
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #13830
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Senators fans plan Matt Cooke Hatefest in Ottawa

Ottawa fans are planning a harsher reception for Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke, who pays a visit Monday night for the first time since his skate blade cut Senators star defenceman Erik Karlsson’s left Achilles tendon during a Feb. 13 game in Pittsburgh.

Red Scarf Union, a Senators fan group determined to change the way fans support the team, is leading the charge. At least 60 of RSU’s membership, which numbers between 1,500 and 2,000, will gather at The Senate Sports Tavern and Eatery in the Byward Market in Ottawa at 4 p.m. Monday to finalize plans for the Matt Cooke Hatefest.

“Absolutely, Cooke is our No. 1 public enemy. But don’t get us wrong. The Leafs, in our books, continue to suck, big-time,” joked Denis-Paul Cloutier, a Day 1 RSU member from 2007 when the group called itself Real Sens Army.

“We’ve seen some nasty hits against our guys, but none have savagely attacked one of our most cherished players and lacerated his Achilles tendon.”

After the pre-game party, Cloutier and RSU will shuttle to Scotiabank Place in nearby Kanata, where they will be seated in section 303. Prior to faceoff, they will unveil a 5½-foot by 3½-foot “Wanted” poster, designed by RSU member Michael Burns. At the top, the poster reads: “Wanted: For robbing Karlsson of his second Norris trophy.” In the middle is a mug shot of Cooke above the words: “Matt ‘the dirtiest player in the NHL’ Cooke. Punishment by Kasassination.”

“There will be quite a few of us carrying that [poster] around,” said RSU member David Kerr, 24. “I’m also printing some in the 2½-foot range. We’ve been advocating for people to make their own signs but at the pre-game party there will be a station with Bristol board, stencils and markers to make your own sign.

“You can chant and everyone hears that, but if some of our signs can get caught on TV, then the message is clearly seen."

The loyal RSU members will also deliver two other messages through signage, with one person responsible for holding a papered letter sized about one-and-a-half feet by one foot. The messages will read: “Mess with 65, mess with the Sens Army,” and “Cooke, karma will get you. If not, we will.”

Cloutier, 44, said RSU has another pre-game activity planned but didn’t offer details, saying the group is “still firming up some of our chants” and will be building on three other ideas over the weekend and perhaps until the pre-game party.

“This is stuff we want to do more regularly,” Cloutier said, “bringing people together and starting to take control of our arena. Being louder, being prouder, not afraid of speaking our mind, not afraid of being seen.”

On Dec. 2, 2010, RSU held the Dany Heatley Hatefest when the former Senators left-winger returned to Ottawa for the first time since being traded to San Jose 15 months earlier. An unhappy Heatley had requested the move, citing a diminished role with the team.

The Heatley Hatefest event included a dart game with his face as the target and a lemon toss in which participants threw lemons at a life-size Dany Heatley cut-out, with his missing front tooth serving as the target.

At the game, where Heatley was loudly booed, prompting chants of “Traitor, Traitor,” RSU displayed multiple banners and 50 hand-held “Heatley Sucks” signs.

“The Cooke Hatefest will be a memorable one,” said Cloutier, “although different from the Heatley Hatefest. Our members are pumped and itching to let Cooke know that we not only dislike him, we hate him!”

Senators fans plan Matt Cooke Hatefest in Ottawa

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #13831
My homepage has been set to RS

those guys are idiots, planting a double edged sword with that wanted crap

they are calling out their own Matt Kassian to fight him. yes it is the enforcer's job, but has this creator shortly forgotten the belak/rypien/boogard incidents already. (Matt Cooke may not be the scariest guy, but a fight is a fight regardless)

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 04-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #13832
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
It seems childish for sure..
Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #13833
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

this is stupid and pretty much bullying if you ask me. i hate marchand with a passion but i would not support something this dumb if vancouver were to start a "hatefest" for him.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #13834

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Meh.

Its in all good and fun. It's not like they're using derogatory terms/making racist chants like at European soccer games.

Some of you are too uptight like the corporate robots who just sit down when a goal is scored or give a dirty look to a fan whos ACTUALLY CHEERING for the Canucks lol
Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #13835
Need to Seek Professional Help

omg im sick of the whole "the suits at Canucks games are to blame for the poor performance of the team blah blah blah" talk
Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #13836
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMarko View Post
this is stupid and pretty much bullying if you ask me. i hate marchand with a passion but i would not support something this dumb if vancouver were to start a "hatefest" for him.
I think it'd be funny. IMO, players who go play with the intent to injure one another deserve shit like this.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #13837

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
omg im sick of the whole "the suits at Canucks games are to blame for the poor performance of the team blah blah blah" talk
Where did I say the crowd had anything to do with the teams performance? LOL
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #13838
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
m8, can you please aware us on wtf you're talking about?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #13839
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
They're not to blame for the team's performance. They're to blame for Rogers Arena being a shitty place to watch a hockey game.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #13840
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Karlsson back and cleared for contact
Senators' Karlsson cleared for contact, practices with team

This is incredible, the guy had his achilles tendon cut 9 weeks ago. It takes us mortals at least 6 months to rehab from this surgery. Pro-athletes can do it in about 4 months if they work hard. Of all the 'normal' injuries you can sustain while playing sports, rupturing an achilles is the one that I would want the least. Karlsson skating and being cleared for contact just 2 months after the fact, my mind is blown.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #13841

lol sorry for the nonsense talk
I thought you were insinuating that the crowds were shitty bcuz of the suits.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #13842
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
lol sorry for the nonsense talk
I thought you were insinuating that the crowds were shitty bcuz of the suits.
They are. Has nothing to do with the team on the ice but non-fans, not just suits, in the lower bowl that get their tickets from their companies or whatever and then just sit there quietly other than to ask "Which one is Lulongao?"...those people make shit boring.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #13843

I get lower-bowl tickets from my company but I'm a die-hard nucks fan. I haven't really noticed people giving me dirty looks cuz I be hitting the drinks hard lol
but yes, I do agree it could be a more rowdy atmosphere in the lower-bowl. I do however notice myself being in awe/silent just because of the nice view of the ice.(if that makes any sense lol)
Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #13844
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

This is incredible, the guy had his achilles tendon cut 9 weeks ago. It takes us mortals at least 6 months to rehab from this surgery. Pro-athletes can do it in about 4 months if they work hard. Of all the 'normal' injuries you can sustain while playing sports, rupturing an achilles is the one that I would want the least. Karlsson skating and being cleared for contact just 2 months after the fact, my mind is blown.
Well it's their job to play sports, so they will do what it takes to get back on their job.

Meanwhile, us mortals have other things to attend to, so we can't focus on getting better 100% of the time...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #13845
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Exactly..they spend almost all of their time rehabbing. Not to mention they have access to the very best doctors and trainers, etc.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #13846
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
So another Bruins game postponed, though it shouldn't extend the season any further this time...Bruins game is supposed to be postponed for tomorrow against the Pens, which is when the Pens were supposed to play Buffalo - that game has been postponed to Tuesday.

In other news, I am going to the game again tomorrow night.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #13847
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

I'm not surprised. I imagine, Karlsson's tendon injury being a clean cut helped it to heal quickly. A cut is definitely less damaging than a tear or rupture.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #13848
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
They are. Has nothing to do with the team on the ice but non-fans, not just suits, in the lower bowl that get their tickets from their companies or whatever and then just sit there quietly other than to ask "Which one is Lulongao?"...those people make shit boring.
That's nothing. Try having two foreigners sitting behind you speaking in Portuguese for the entire game. Felt like I was watching a hockey game but with Soccer commentary. They go blah blah blah Luongo....hahahahahahha....hahahhahaha....blah blah blah. Entire game.

Haven't been to other cities hockey games so I can't really judge if it's quiet at Rogers Arena.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #13849
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Atmosphere in the building translates on the ice.

A woman in front of the seats I typically get spends the whole game reading..at least her husband seems somewhat Into it

Been to a few different cities for games and they were all kinda the same as Van, but lately as far as I'm concerned its gotten alot worse and even in playoff games the atmosphere isn't what it used to be
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #13850
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
-Wayne Gretzky
Closed Thread