REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lance Armstrong faces doping charges (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669530-lance-armstrong-faces-doping-charges.html)

shawnly1000 01-14-2013 05:44 PM

Lance Armstrong admits doping in Oprah Winfrey interview, AP reports - The Washington Post

Wonder if he'll be subject to perjury charges :s ?

Saw this humorous Tweet

"United States of America rules: ok to lie under oath to Justice Department, but don't you dare sling that crap at Oprah"

kayceeee 01-14-2013 06:56 PM

another story

Source: Armstrong confesses to Oprah he used PEDs

SOURCE: ARMSTRONG CONFESSES TO OPRAH HE USED PEDS

UFO 01-14-2013 10:53 PM

I wonder what all the Lance fanboys are going to say now.

"He only cheated because everybody else did..."

That's what the whole world (except for Lance) has been saying all along, too bad it took him so long and so much drama and so much of his own money to come to that conclusion. Makes for a good story though

7seven 01-15-2013 06:25 AM

He isn't and won't be the last athlete to use PEDs, thats just the way it is, I think most people realize that. A lot of professional athletes use some form of PEDs, some are just smarter about cycling on and off them. For me, it's not really about Armstrong using PEDs, it's how he conducted himself when confronted about the use of PEDs, how he was so combative, arrogant and self righteous that makes him a tool.

Unlike ARod, Andy Pettitte, Shawn Merriman and others who just admitted it, people accepted it, moved on and they went on with their athletic careers, or even Bonds who just denied it and kept quite on it, Armstrong attacked people who in the end was just telling the truth. Armstrong sued and tried to bankrupt anyone who would bring his use of PEDs to light, leaving threatening voicemails to Betsy Andreau telling her "I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head", publicly attacking Emma O'Reilly making false accusations that she was a prostitute and alcoholic. There's a long line of individuals and media outlets that Armstrong spent years suing and attacking with strong arm tactics, it'll be interesting to see now how many of those will go back after Armstrong.

Gridlock 01-15-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8132940)
He isn't and won't be the last athlete to use PEDs, thats just the way it is, I think most people realize that. A lot of professional athletes use some form of PEDs, some are just smarter about cycling on and off them. For me, it's not really about Armstrong using PEDs, it's how he conducted himself when confronted about the use of PEDs, how he was so combative, arrogant and self righteous that makes him a tool.

Unlike ARod, Andy Pettitte, Shawn Merriman and others who just admitted it, people accepted it, moved on and they went on with their athletic careers, or even Bonds who just denied it and kept quite on it, Armstrong attacked people who in the end was just telling the truth. Armstrong sued and tried to bankrupt anyone who would bring his use of PEDs to light, leaving threatening voicemails to Betsy Andreau telling her "I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head", publicly attacking Emma O'Reilly making false accusations that she was a prostitute and alcoholic. There's a long line of individuals and media outlets that Armstrong spent years suing and attacking with strong arm tactics, it'll be interesting to see now how many of those will go back after Armstrong.

Bang on.

Just going to add, at the same time, talking about "living strong" and all this wonderful work he's doing.

Totally self-righteous.

Gridlock 01-15-2013 10:38 AM

http://i.imgur.com/XVmDD.jpg

via reddit

dhari 01-15-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnly1000 (Post 8132457)
Lance Armstrong admits doping in Oprah Winfrey interview, AP reports - The Washington Post

Wonder if he'll be subject to perjury charges :s ?

Saw this humorous Tweet

"United States of America rules: ok to lie under oath to Justice Department, but don't you dare sling that crap at Oprah"

I don't think so because it was over 7 years ago?

sonick 01-17-2013 05:20 PM

FYI live stream of it at Oprah.com right now
Posted via RS Mobile

iwantaskyline 01-17-2013 05:31 PM

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk
Lance Armstrong tells Oprah he couldn’t have won 7 Tour de France titles without doping Lance Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs - CNN.com

Well..its official.

AutozamAZ-3 01-17-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8135055)
FYI live stream of it at Oprah.com right now
Posted via RS Mobile

re-airing at 9pm on oprah.com for anyone interested

StylinRed 01-17-2013 07:34 PM

Oh well it was fun while it lasted

shawnly1000 01-17-2013 08:36 PM

Not sure if it's a case of too bad/pity but this news/confirmation will definitely tarnish/take away from how he fought/beat cancer. Don't get me wrong, I am just as against his doping as anybody else is; his biography is just so "conflicted" now - from great accomplishments to "frauds/deceptions"

Sky_2000 01-17-2013 08:52 PM

"The problem with Lance Armstrong isn't the doping or lying about doping. It's that he tried to destroy the lives of people who knew the truth in the effort to protect his clean image."

Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked - Yahoo! Sports

Mike Anderson - Friend, personal assistant, and mechanic

Mike Anderson on His Life as Lance Armstrong's Personal Assistant | Road Biking | OutsideOnline.com

LiquidTurbo 01-17-2013 10:13 PM

How the hell does anyone believe what this guy says anymore.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Senna4ever 01-17-2013 11:34 PM

My dream of equaling Lance Armstrong's number of Tour de France wins comes true!

Gh0stRider 01-20-2013 09:56 PM

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...27443244_n.jpg

Foralark 01-20-2013 10:19 PM

Meanwhile in Australia...

Lance Armstrong books moved to fiction section in Australian library - NY Daily News

Eastwood 01-21-2013 12:03 AM

'Merikan hero!
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0111...ng_sl_576.jpeg