REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   LP Auto (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669535-lp-auto.html)

icemiko 06-13-2012 06:16 PM

LP Auto

Someone is buying my car but they will be using LP Auto to finance it, so LP Auto will be paying me instead of the buyer. Anyone dealt with them before and if I should be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

freakshow 06-13-2012 07:02 PM

a while ago, they used to be an RS sponsor.. i've talked to them a few times, they were helping me find a car to import.

they've been around for a few years, but i've never heard of them paying someone out. I guess as long as you verify that the payment is good at your bank, it should be ok?

tofu1413 06-13-2012 10:08 PM

so i guess they are buying in your car?

if so, they cut you a cheque for your car, sign the papers, and the car is theirs!

rest of the financing and number crunching, they deal with the buyer.

FerrariEnzo 06-14-2012 12:04 AM

make sure the cheque dont bounce.. :troll:

icemiko 06-14-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 7946863)
so i guess they are buying in your car?

if so, they cut you a cheque for your car, sign the papers, and the car is theirs!

rest of the financing and number crunching, they deal with the buyer.

Yea they are buying my car and then financing it to my buyer, they said they will get me a certified cheque/bank draft so all is good.

Thanks for all the replies.

Cman333 06-14-2012 04:39 PM

Go to the bank with them and the certified cheque.

There have been stories about fake certified checks, and your bank will call the other bank to verfiy the money is actually there and everything is legit.

If both parties use the same bank then it's obviously easier.

GFunk 06-14-2012 05:19 PM

I've dealt with them in the past with a similar transaction and everything went accordingly

GLOW 06-14-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cman333 (Post 7947594)
There have been stories about fake certified checks, and your bank will call the other bank to verfiy the money is actually there and everything is legit.

Yes I received a fake bank draft before for something and took it to the bank b/c I had a feeling it was bogus (long story). the teller said it's legit & not to worry. we looked at her like :suspicious:

then we explained the situation and she was like oh ok let me talk to the head office to verify it...we hear back that it was indeed fake...

nothing to do with this dealer but just an FYI. the bank draft looked real too...

A-Dev 06-14-2012 06:31 PM

I did a similar deal with them. All went well, the guys are nice, some of the cars on their lot are sick.

optiblue 06-14-2012 10:35 PM

I've recommended this place to a few people before and they ended up importing a A5 for them. If I'm ever in the market for an Evo 8 or 9, they'll be the first to call on my list too!

Benz_05TSX 06-15-2012 01:32 AM

as long as the cheque clears from LP Auto, you will have no worries

josel_atr 06-15-2012 10:24 AM

dealt with jason before. he is a straightforward guy. no bs.

they imported an evo 8 for me.

it sounds like lp is buying your car, and financing it out to the buyer. they offered this to me before when i put the evo up for sale.

with anything tho i make sure its a certified cheq/bank draft. im sure lp auto will grant this to you...