REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Cyclical Relationships

Do they ever work out? Or is research/science right about the fact that these relationships never go anywhere good?

sweetiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Perhaps you can enlighten us on what a cyclical relationship is so we don't have to google it and then we can give you an opinion?

Berz out.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #3

ummm... couples that break up, get back together, break up, and get back together, and the cycle continues...
Old 06-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

do you seriously even have to ask...? I don't think you need research or science to tell you, more like common sense.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Ronnie and Sammi are together again so maybe...
4nik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
They work out because you are both weak people who are afraid to move on and stand on your own. They work out because you need each other, even though you aren't happy overall.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
They work until one of you finds someone else. If your constantly breaking up the relationship is over your both just to comfortable to realize it.

Berz out.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
They are no good. Once I am done, I am done.

If I wasn't good the first time around, I'm not good for you the second time and vice versa.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Yeah, I broke up and got back together and that final year was just...pointless.

If you are done, call it.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Ross and Rachel
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Never heard of it as "cyclical relationships"; always as "on-again-off-again" relationships or am I just getting too old now?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Yes it works
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #13

really?? no one's been through one that works? :S i guess it's only in movies. and i shouldn't be surprised really
thanks guys.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiee View Post
really?? no one's been through one that works? :S i guess it's only in movies. and i shouldn't be surprised really
thanks guys.
TBH, I've only ever seen it in highschool. It's a rare phenomenon for mature relationships.

I say this because when I observed it, parties to a relationship oftenly use the threat/or act of breaking up as leverage in an argument or fight; and almost always, when the tempers cool down, they always get back together within days or a week.

It's my primary observation for couples who constantly break-up and get back together. It's quite a silly practice.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
TBH, I've only ever seen it in highschool. It's a rare phenomenon for mature relationships.

I say this because when I observed it, parties to a relationship oftenly use the threat/or act of breaking up as leverage in an argument or fight; and almost always, when the tempers cool down, they always get back together within days or a week.

It's my primary observation for couples who constantly break-up and get back together. It's quite a silly practice.
Yep, I havent seen any first hand but someone on my facebook is ALWAYS breaking up with their S/O and getting back together.

It's become a pattern with their past S/O's as well. Needless to say, their relationships never seem to last past a certain point.

[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
I've been with my gf for 2 years now, and just recently within the past 4-5 months we've been harsh on/off
I would sometimes straight up cut her from my life out of temporary anger, delete her off bbm, delete her off fb, etc and just not talk to her, but she'd constantly call/text me until I finally gave in. We would then discuss our problems, express our love for each other, and call it a night
During the 2-3 days I was 'single', I started talking to a female friend of mine and thought I would have a chance with her, but all I could do was fool myself. Of course, getting over a loved one requires time
I realize that I'm still crazy over her, and she's still crazy over me. We both realize that we complete each other, so we stick together. Even though she knew I had flirted with another girl, she chose to look past it

All in all, it could work out if both partners truly love each other, but there aren't any guarantees. This is just based off my experience

p.s. don't mix research/science with love lol that's a load of shit
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
I've been with my gf for 2 years now, and just recently within the past 4-5 months we've been harsh on/off
I would sometimes straight up cut her from my life out of temporary anger, delete her off bbm, delete her off fb, etc and just not talk to her, but she'd constantly call/text me until I finally gave in. We would then discuss our problems, express our love for each other, and call it a night
During the 2-3 days I was 'single', I started talking to a female friend of mine and thought I would have a chance with her, but all I could do was fool myself. Of course, getting over a loved one requires time
I realize that I'm still crazy over her, and she's still crazy over me. We both realize that we complete each other, so we stick together. Even though she knew I had flirted with another girl, she chose to look past it

All in all, it could work out if both partners truly love each other, but there aren't any guarantees. This is just based off my experience

p.s. don't mix research/science with love lol that's a load of shit

I'm curious. If you really really cared about her, how could you put her through all those things simply out of momentary anger?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
If you really really cared about her, how could you do all those things to her all out of momentary anger?

Anger, disagreements, fights are all parts of a relationship; relationships constitute both good times and bad, not just good times. So I'm just wondering, what motivates you to put someone you care about through all those things?
I'm a really hot-tempered guy .. I feel like shit afterwards of course; that's why I always give in and pick up her calls
Sometimes I act without even thinking, especially when I'm choked as fuuuuuuuuuck
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^ummmm...ever think about getting help for this shit?

good things never occur when people react like this...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #20

sigh... love is sooo blinnnnndd...
some people feed off of this "cycle". it's almost as if they get pleasure out of doing this. maybe it makes things more interesting? some couples are effed up that way.. and if both of them are effed up, then that should work out. :P