REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Eyeglasses (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669658-eyeglasses.html)

Meowjin 06-16-2012 11:23 AM

Eyeglasses

I'm able to get a pair of glasses on my healthplan for ~200 dollars.

I was wondering what asian store I can go to where I can state how much I'm spending, what my prescription is and not have an issue.

Or is best bet clearly contacts?

z3german 06-16-2012 11:49 AM

Not really sure what youre asking but ive always got my glasses/contact hook ups from parker place. They will even let you spend over your $200 where you pay the difference and they will say it just cost $200 on the form. Never had any issues with them and they have a decent selection i suppose. Forgot the name of the place but its the only corner store that sells glasses. beside that shop is another glasses shop.

racerman88 06-16-2012 11:52 AM

Do you have a special request? IF it is just the regular purchase, any store can do it.
When I am in Parker Place, I usually go to Smart eyes

El Bastardo 06-16-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 7949279)
I was wondering what asian store I can go to where I can state how much I'm spending, what my prescription is and not have an issue.

:rofl:

I think we all know what hes asking here

$_$ 06-16-2012 12:20 PM

I personally support clearly contacts. Can't really beat 0$ glasses with 15$ shipping costs. (too bad you missed the promotion though). The owner is also local and donates 1 pair of glasses to charity for every pair he sells whether it was paid for or not. Also, 365 day money back guarantee for any reason.

Meowjin 06-16-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 7949317)

to not pay 600 dollars for a pair of frames essentially.

Such a ripoff.

Meowjin 06-16-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $_$ (Post 7949333)
I personally support clearly contacts. Can't really beat 0$ glasses with 15$ shipping costs. (too bad you missed the promotion though). The owner is also local and donates 1 pair of glasses to charity for every pair he sells whether it was paid for or not. Also, 365 day money back guarantee for any reason.

Yeah I'm getting a free pair through them since first customer = free pair, but I wouldn't mind getting to try some frames on.

tonyvu 06-16-2012 02:43 PM

frames is whats gonna decide where if its going to be expensive or cheap.

It really depends on what kind of look you want and how much your willing to spend on frames.

Then lenses are around 100 bucks on top of that.

My frames were 350 after I got a discount because i knew the guy, then my lenses were 100 on top of that.

drunkrussian 06-16-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 7949304)
Not really sure what youre asking but ive always got my glasses/contact hook ups from parker place. They will even let you spend over your $200 where you pay the difference and they will say it just cost $200 on the form. Never had any issues with them and they have a decent selection i suppose. Forgot the name of the place but its the only corner store that sells glasses. beside that shop is another glasses shop.

if you spend more than $200 the insurance covers $200 and you pay the rest. so what does it matter what they put on the form if ur payig the difference either way....

anyway check out costco as well - im not sure if they compare to asian places but theyre another cheap place to go. also i like my current frames so i always use my insurance to get my lenses inside the frames replaced. i get it at costco and its always well under $200. its also the ceapest place for eye exams i find...and the richmond one is. ery high tech shit too lol

murd0c 06-16-2012 02:59 PM

The ex gf waited until a groupon came out that had to do with glasses and then she used that with the $200 and didn't have to spend any money out of her pocket at all. If you can wait do something like that.

iam_dan 06-16-2012 03:15 PM

my sister went to one of the optical stores in crystal mall and just asked for $200 store credit with her $200 optical coverage through her work.

they were more than happy to do it.

metal 06-16-2012 04:37 PM

I got new frames with lenses, and prescription sunglasses with lenses at Pearle Vision recently. They have some decent stuff, 2 for $149 / 199 / 249 etc with lenses.

z3german 06-16-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkrussian (Post 7949437)
if you spend more than $200 the insurance covers $200 and you pay the rest. so what does it matter what they put on the form if ur payig the difference either way....

anyway check out costco as well - im not sure if they compare to asian places but theyre another cheap place to go. also i like my current frames so i always use my insurance to get my lenses inside the frames replaced. i get it at costco and its always well under $200. its also the ceapest place for eye exams i find...and the richmond one is. ery high tech shit too lol

Woops, had no idea. Just assumed what they were doing was illegal cause they always tell me to hush hush it and they look so worried LOL

Redlines_Daily 06-16-2012 06:09 PM

C U Vision in metrotown has great prices and cute chinese staff :D

Mr.HappySilp 06-16-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 7949317)

Trying to cheat toe insurance company by getting some store to write a $200 on his glasses so he gets the money but he never bought any.......... :suspicious:

Anyways I usually spend around $400 or so on my glass + frames. My perscription is pretty high so I have to use Nikon 5 for the lens (which is around $150 to $200) and the frame is about $200. Don't cheap out on the lens especially when your prescription is high. Better quality lens is easier on your eyes VS some cheapo brand.

There is this store that I used to go get my glass from (right across form crystal mall food court) but they close down about a year ago...... now I don't know where to get my glass from and I need a new pair of glass soon......

MG1 06-16-2012 07:42 PM

google image optometry

they usally have some groupon thing hapenning.......... in fact I think they do it without groupon these days. Anyway, check out their website. I don't think I can post link.

trollface 06-16-2012 07:47 PM

I use L lenses for my glasses.

LawlietLRyuzaki 06-16-2012 07:59 PM

My pair from iseeisee optical is supposed to be hand delivered to me monday, they're rather chill, they head over to your place and let you try them all out at home :o (I think they have that booth at the vulcan way Night Market)

A-Dev 06-16-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 7949654)
google image optometry

Am I doing it right? :pokerface:

http://i49.tinypic.com/k4cdwm.jpg

Seriously though, check out costco they have some pretty good deals.

i-VTEC 06-16-2012 08:48 PM

parker place. I think the lense doesn;t cover from the health plan so the asian lady actually purposely wrote down the cost of frame more while decrease the lense cost which maximize my health plan claim :)

tool001 06-16-2012 10:10 PM

osaka opticals aberdeen would do it

ilovebacon 06-16-2012 10:56 PM

never play ball with glasses on! you should get whatever fit u more comfortable with your surroundings

Meowjin 06-17-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d87c (Post 7949705)
parker place. I think the lense doesn;t cover from the health plan so the asian lady actually purposely wrote down the cost of frame more while decrease the lense cost which maximize my health plan claim :)

my health plan the lenses have to be a part of it or they wont cover it.

!SG 06-17-2012 08:57 PM

house of vision optical by ubc, best selection by far for designer frames. went there after a multiple recommendations as i needed to look for wide frames. looked at clearlycontacts but the frame size numbers werent to my favour. astigmatism didnt help much either.

MG1 06-17-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Dev (Post 7949690)
Am I doing it right? :pokerface:

Search under images and you get useless shit, :noob:, LOL.

Helps if you type in the location

Image optometry vancouver, bc

or burnaby or coquitlam.............:) :nyan: pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa:pokerface: ....... a la Gaga