REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Looking for private beta tester for our iPad car magazine app (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669831-looking-private-beta-tester-our-ipad-car-magazine-app.html)

Boostaholic 06-20-2012 10:31 AM

Looking for private beta tester for our iPad car magazine app

Hey RSers,

If you have an iPad and is interested in becoming a private beta tester for the iPad car magazine app I'm working on, please go to REVER to sign up. The app will learn about your reading preferences, then scrape the entire internet for content that you would be interested in.

Mr.HappySilp 06-20-2012 11:06 AM

^^ hmm I mostly surf pron on my ipad so not sure if it is a good idea........

Duff Beer 06-20-2012 04:43 PM

Signed up for the preview :woot2:

Shorn 06-20-2012 07:27 PM

i dont get it is this an ipad specific app? no love for iphones/other apple devices?

i don't know anything about iOS development but i would imagine it's just a matter of scaling sizes down? or am i wrong

z3german 06-20-2012 08:55 PM

Signed up! How does this differ/what makes it better than flipboard? Flipboard i can have automotive section with different sources of my choice.

Boostaholic 06-20-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 7953509)
Signed up! How does this differ/what makes it better than flipboard? Flipboard i can have automotive section with different sources of my choice.

Flipboard has one section on automotive, we will have many sections from different automotive topics like import, tuner, euro, domestic, luxury, muscle cars and etc.. that you can choose from. So for automotive related reading, Rever will be a much better reading experience and have better content selection because we focus entirely on automotive. Whereas in Flipboard, you can't customize the reading experience beyond adding the automotive section, which will often have less personalized content that you don't care about.

We also implement machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithm to figure out what you like to read about, and find you relevant content across the web. for example, you can "thumb up" articles you like, and we will find more articles like the ones you thumbed up.

Boostaholic 06-20-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorn (Post 7953444)
i dont get it is this an ipad specific app? no love for iphones/other apple devices?

i don't know anything about iOS development but i would imagine it's just a matter of scaling sizes down? or am i wrong

Yeah it's iPad only for now. we want to nail the iPad user experience first then move into other platform.