REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Question About Leases

Any car salesman can school me on leases?

When one does a lease take over, what exactly happens?

Second, if I want to buyout some one's lease, what happens? Do I pay the owner of the lease, or do I pay the dealership?

EDIT: One more thing, can I do a trade in on a lease takeover/buyout? Would the dealership accept it and take some taxes off?
Advertisement

Last edited by EvoFire; 06-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
when an acquaintance of mine had their lease end, i bought it out and paid the dealership directly. I had to pay an administration fee and tax on top of what was owed for the buyout.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

I work at Honda Finance so here's how we do Lease Assumptions.

Assumptions cannot be done with less than 6 months remaining. The current account must be up to date and not past due.

The person assuming the loan must qualify, meaning you have to submit for a credit check.

If you qualify, you will pay a fee for transfer, and you'll be responsible for the remaining term of the lease.

I think anyone can "buy out" the lease, paying out the residual on the lease in one lump sum. But, 3rd party individuals not on the original lease cannot apply to refinance the residual through the financing company.

Trade in equity on an assumption? No don't think so. That would be like saying 2 years into your 4 year lease you want to trade in a car to lower your payments... So no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Any car salesman can school me on leases?

When one does a lease take over, what exactly happens?

Second, if I want to buyout some one's lease, what happens? Do I pay the owner of the lease, or do I pay the dealership?

EDIT: One more thing, can I do a trade in on a lease takeover/buyout? Would the dealership accept it and take some taxes off?
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
I work at Honda Finance so here's how we do Lease Assumptions.

Assumptions cannot be done with less than 6 months remaining. The current account must be up to date and not past due.

The person assuming the loan must qualify, meaning you have to submit for a credit check.

If you qualify, you will pay a fee for transfer, and you'll be responsible for the remaining term of the lease.

I think anyone can "buy out" the lease, paying out the residual on the lease in one lump sum. But, 3rd party individuals not on the original lease cannot apply to refinance the residual through the financing company.

Trade in equity on an assumption? No don't think so. That would be like saying 2 years into your 4 year lease you want to trade in a car to lower your payments... So no.
Ok I understand I can't trade in a car to lower the lease payments, but if I want to buyout the lease and residual and own the car, can I use a trade in for part of the buyout?

Thank you.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Hehe. No you cannot.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Hyde's Understudy

Depending on the manufacturer, you can assume a lease that is shorter than 6 months.
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Hehe. No you cannot.
Ok that messes things up a little bit.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Are you sure you really want to lease a used car with new car payments?
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
Are you sure you really want to lease a used car with new car payments?
It depends whether he wants to buy it out at the end or not. Also, its very possible that the original leasee paid down-payment making the current payments represent the current market.

IMO, what the most important thing is to calculate the current buyout price (or payments left + residual value) then compare that with the used market.

Or if you just want to drive a specific car and/or for a short time then I think a lease take over is worth it as well.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #10

So apparently the dealership WILL take trades for lease buyouts, but the price they offered was too low and the buyout is too high. The manager said that when some one does a lease buyout, they don't make anything out of it, its just all admin stuff. When they take my trade in, they have to make sure they don't lose any money.

The guy really wants to get out of the lease and I thought I can cash in on a car below market, but it doesn't seem like he wants to give that much.