REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
remember back when people had like...talent? and used to play real instruments and shit?

i hope you faggots who like electronic music are happy now all we have playing in every club/commercial etc etc is that annoying repetitive ass shit
Advertisement
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
search up eddie halliwell if you want a real EDM dj
Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
doesnt Deadmau5 use some sort of machine that alters electrical waves to create sounds as well?

kinda hard to operate that i'm sure on stage
Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
remember back when people had like...talent? and used to play real instruments and shit?

i hope you faggots who like electronic music are happy now all we have playing in every club/commercial etc etc is that annoying repetitive ass shit
Remember back when people thought the "electric guitar" was an abomination of an instrument and a bastardization of music? Yeah, it's just called progression.

I don't care if music generated from wind on wooden flute, scratchings from a metal washboard, or electronic waves from a digital source. There's no freakin' rules about these things. Music is whatever fills you and makes you move.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Yes... Because people are going to club and rave to jazz and rock music...
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #31
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:

yes, turning this:

into music good enough for you to have 6.2million likes on your facebook page, and sell out stadiums around the world..

... takes NO talent at all. ffs

i bet you couldn't spend a day in there and even find the ON button.

Last edited by RRxtar; 06-25-2012 at 06:08 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)?

You mean there's only ONE on button to all those machines??

What a crazy set up. lol
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

WHY WAS THIS FAILED?

This is electronic.

Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
yes, turning this:

into music good enough for you to have 6.2million likes on your facebook page, and sell out stadiums around the world..

... takes NO talent at all. ffs

i bet you couldn't spend a day in there and even find the ON button.
lol you think i give a fuck how many likes they have on facebook? you must be retarded

you seem like the type of person that likes things just because other people too. if you like those repetitive, asinine sterile melodies then thats fine by me...but i can guarantee you that electronic music will not have the longevity of real music
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #35

Of course it won't..
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
lol you think i give a fuck how many likes they have on facebook? you must be retarded

you seem like the type of person that likes things just because other people too. if you like those repetitive, asinine sterile melodies then thats fine by me...but i can guarantee you that electronic music will not have the longevity of real music
Doubt people will be listening to it in the next 40 years...unlike bands from the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:

AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #38
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:

i totalllllllllllly want to listen to a band when im at the club bumpin

you're turning old son, you remind me of my grandpa
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #39
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

Considering your user name, I can understand your opinion. That said, electronic music has been around since the very early 80's, so I doubt it's gonna die any time soon. Music tends to run in cycles... Genre A will be popular for a few years before giving way to Genre B. B will then give way to C, which will then eventually fall back to A. That's more or less been the pattern for basically the past thirty years.

Now, I listen to pretty much everything. My iPod has music ranging from (yes,) Deadmau5 to Taylor Swift to Five Finger Death Punch to The Ramones and even Phantom of the Opera. I appreciate all forms of music, regardless of genre. Sure, I like certain types more than others, but to bash a specific genre because it's "stupid," is inane.

That said, creating (good) electronica does take a lot of skills, arguably more skills than it does to pick up a Les Paul, memorize six progressive chords and suddenly call yourself a guitar player.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #40
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
In the long run why does it even matter how Music is made? Music is music and everyone has a different point of view on what they consider Music to be. Like anything in this world it involves to what it is today and I honestly wouldnt be surprised if that is a large portion of what most people will be listening to 50 years from now.

From Blues to rock, Classical, Hip-Hop/rap to country and the electronic thats involving today things have always changed for the better and for the worst sometimes as well. What one thing everyone can agree on is it has been here as long as man kind and everyone gets moved by it. The only difference is everyone has a bit of different opinion on what kind of music moves them.

I bought my first rap tape in 1989 Public Enemy It takes a nation of millions to hold us back and my parents we not that happy listening to that quick talking the respected me enough to make my own choices which showed me a understanding of all music is good you just have to keep an open mind and give everything a chance. Shit I listen to hardcore Rap, Blues, Rock and a bit of Metal here and there and I even find a good electronic song here and there which makes me appreciate it that much more.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
Doubt people will be listening to it in the next 40 years...unlike bands from the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc.
I don't know about you, but I don't listen to stuff even from the 80's, and I'm born in the 80's.
Stuff from the 90's give me a nostalgic feeling, but I don't go looking for it. Music and people continue to move as time goes imo.

Maybe I'll understand when I get older, but I don't understand how my parents (or parents in general) seem to stay stuck in music
of "their time". When it's 2030, I imagine myself listening to music from the 2030's, not stuck listening to music from 2012.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #42
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
i'm damn sure ill be blasting tiesto when i pick up my kids from school. (srs)
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Kinda agree and don't agree... like the computer is not going to find the "right" tracks to play at the right time and ultimately the DJ is going to pick some insane drops.... for example, listen to W&W live set.... its fucking unreal their drops, beat matches... any trance guy knows what im talking about lol
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #44
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Kinda agree and don't agree... like the computer is not going to find the "right" tracks to play at the right time and ultimately the DJ is going to pick some insane drops.... for example, listen to W&W live set.... its fucking unreal their drops, beat matches... any trance guy knows what im talking about lol
that moscow set,

I really do not like armins sets though..... compilation of different producers no sync

Dash Berlin and ATB are the ones that flow along quite nicely
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #45
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts

the term EDM is so much better than idiots calling everything "techno"

there are so many new genres and mixed-genres nowadays that everything is classified in each of their own category. just look at beatport for example

check this guide out

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

it shows you how dance music in general has evolved throughout the years from the 80s to now.

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #46
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
To think that EDM evolved from this:

To what it is now. Artists like Moroder and Kraftwerk are well before my time, but I can at the very least have a go at the roots of the genre. The key here is that for music to be considered "timeless" is a bit subjective since it's all on the ear of whoever's listening to the music. I'm thinking that earlier music carried over from decade to decade easily because of its similarities, but probably around the mid-80's was when more genres were discovered, and started rapid cycles of popular and shitty music (ie. boybands were hot in the mid-late 90's, died completely in the early 2000's and now I've noted that a couple new groups have started playing on the radio as of now).
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #47
Better safe than Surrey

If your interested in learning the roots of EDM music I suggest you explore this:

Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #48

making electro music takes more talent than country..
Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #49
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
EDM DJ's knob jocking = LAME

Mix Master Mike will save the day

Serato Performance Video - Mix Master Mike - YouTube
that was soo sick!
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #50
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Joel has always been pretty honest and straightforward...
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote