REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #51
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
lol you think i give a fuck how many likes they have on facebook? you must be retarded

you seem like the type of person that likes things just because other people too. if you like those repetitive, asinine sterile melodies then thats fine by me...but i can guarantee you that electronic music will not have the longevity of real music
likes on facebook is a decent indication that at least a few people like the music.

thanks for calling me retarded tho, i wouldn't have been able to understand your opinion on your favorite genre of music without you getting all personal insulty

the point you're missing tho, is electronic music IS real music. whether it comes from drums and a guitar, a trumpet, banging rocks together or digital; if its melody is pleasing to someones ears, it IS music. whether some people dont like it or not. and if you dont think electronic music has any staying power you should take a look at where michael jackson ranks on the all time best artists lists.
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #52
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't listen to stuff even from the 80's, and I'm born in the 80's.
Stuff from the 90's give me a nostalgic feeling, but I don't go looking for it. Music and people continue to move as time goes imo.

Maybe I'll understand when I get older, but I don't understand how my parents (or parents in general) seem to stay stuck in music
of "their time". When it's 2030, I imagine myself listening to music from the 2030's, not stuck listening to music from 2012.
I was born in 88' and have listened to a lot of music from every genre. Although music moves everyone in different ways, I think there's a difference between music made by instruments and music made on computers.

And once I heard Led Zeppelin, everything I listened to from that point on just wasn't as good, so although music "moves" on with time, it doesn't necessarily get better.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #53
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
electronic is a new form of instrument that's been around for like 25ish years.

they put it in every genre of music now.

it just so happens there is a broad genre where only electronic digital sounds are used, called electronic music.

electronic music IS the music and instrument of the future.

it's like the rubber tire, once the old stubborn non-adaptive farts die, all the wooden wheels will be thrown away, and rubber will be integrated into every wheel/tire design out there.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #54
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
"Electronic" isn't a genre, it's an instrument (or rather, a class of instruments). "Electronic Music" isn't a genre either, so many genres - good and bad - fall into that category. Whatever it is, it's not "the future". Some music in the future may be electronic, some may not.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #55
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
I was born in 88' and have listened to a lot of music from every genre. Although music moves everyone in different ways, I think there's a difference between music made by instruments and music made on computers.

And once I heard Led Zeppelin, everything I listened to from that point on just wasn't as good, so although music "moves" on with time, it doesn't necessarily get better.
Led Zeppelin is my favourite band (I'm born '85), and I love EDM. Computer is just an instrument. Actually it was the connections between classical music and some electronic that was responsible for really hooking me into it. I had just discovered Infected Mushroom (Classical Mushroom).

Then I got into it more and more, eventually went to parties, learnt to dance to DnB, became the God I am today.

Last edited by Nightwalker; 06-25-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #56
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post

"better" is subjective of course. I have a pretty wide range of types of music I like, but I don't really listen to Led Zeppelin,
and although I have heard some of their songs before, it's definitely not my taste.

I didn't necessarily say electronic music is better, but I do believe most people in our age group don't listen to music from the 70s any more,
at least their playlist isn't going to be filled with 70's music.

And like it's been said already, electronic is like an instrument. Maybe easier to "play", but you still need talent to know how to make music with it.
So I don't see why some people are so upset about it.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #57
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
I had just discovered Infected Mushroom (Classical Mushroom).
Infected mushroom is awesome! I've only seen them once but they put on a sweet show with some wicked psychedelic visuals.

Another DJ/Producer who plays instruments during his set is Joachim Garraud.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^ Garraud is siiick!

On a side note, cannot wait for the Richie Hawtin show this friday..Gonna be a good one!
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #59
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #60
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
A bit off topic but anyone following Ivan Gough on FB and how people are flipping out about Flo Rida freestyling over the Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl track "In My Mind"? Ivan also commented on his FB, bloody shame that epic house tracks are been ruined by rappers and not even decent rappers but the bottom of the barrel rappers like Flo Rida.

Original song;

Flo rida version:

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #61
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
^^^^^^
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #62
My homepage has been set to RS

All you guys arguing about which music is better should stop. Taste is subjective, afterall.

Just listen to what you enjoy whether it's Tiesto, Kpop, Foster the People, Taylor Swift or what have you.

In the end, the heart wants what it wants. There is no such thing as guilty pleasures when it comes to music.

Interesting article, nonetheless. I wonder how other Djs are going to respond to this or whether they even attest to it.

Last edited by Good_KarMa; 06-26-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #63
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
You here about guys like nearly Neil and all those Elvis impersonators? I'm going to get a mouse head and call my self Nearly Deamau.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
yeah.. personally i think all genres of music have their own merits and saying one type of music 'sucks' just shows how much you actually understand music.

interesting how you guys argue about genres like classic rock vs electronic music these days..

i mean i can't really say which takes more TALENT. electronic music definitely takes a little more technical knowledge to produce, i mean even ableton live or any software is not easy to learn well. notice we're talking about PRODUCTION not mixing.

however if you think that just because of that electronic music is better then you don't really understand rock either.. cause rock is more about jamming out with a whole band and teamwork as well as coming up with screaming guitar solo's on the fly and making it up ON THE SPOT within a certain scale, while still making it sound good. so rock is more about feeling it and rocking out with your buddies.

so 2 very different genres of music but they each shine in their own way. i don't think its up to anyone to say which is better, you just have to take some time to understand and listen carefully to both and appreciate all sorts of music.

all good music is made on drugs
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #65
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
All you guys arguing about which music is better should stop. Taste is subjective, afterall.

Just listen to what you enjoy whether it's Tiesto, Kpop, Foster the People, Taylor Swift or what have you.

In the end, the heart wants what it wants. There is no such thing as guilty pleasures when it comes to music.

Interesting article, nonetheless. I wonder how other Djs are going to respond to this or whether they even attest to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
yeah.. personally i think all genres of music have their own merits and saying one type of music 'sucks' just shows how much you actually understand music.

interesting how you guys argue about genres like classic rock vs electronic music these days..

i mean i can't really say which takes more TALENT. electronic music definitely takes a little more technical knowledge to produce, i mean even ableton live or any software is not easy to learn well. notice we're talking about PRODUCTION not mixing.

however if you think that just because of that electronic music is better then you don't really understand rock either.. cause rock is more about jamming out with a whole band and teamwork as well as coming up with screaming guitar solo's on the fly and making it up ON THE SPOT within a certain scale, while still making it sound good. so rock is more about feeling it and rocking out with your buddies.

so 2 very different genres of music but they each shine in their own way. i don't think its up to anyone to say which is better, you just have to take some time to understand and listen carefully to both and appreciate all sorts of music.

all good music is made on drugs
I guess you two missed the first 2 pages; or if not, this thread is starting to go on its own tangent.

This is not even close to "which musical genre" is better bash. It's about: Is music limited to sounds generated by traditional instruments or could digital be included in that consideration?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #66
My homepage has been set to RS

^ I understand that, but i was merely addressing Sid Vicious' post beginning on page 2.

I'll quote next time.
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #67

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
A bit off topic but anyone following Ivan Gough on FB and how people are flipping out about Flo Rida freestyling over the Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl track "In My Mind"? Ivan also commented on his FB, bloody shame that epic house tracks are been ruined by rappers and not even decent rappers but the bottom of the barrel rappers like Flo Rida.

Original song;

Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind (Axwell Mix Edit) - YouTube

Flo rida version:

Flo Rida - In My Mind (Part 2) (Feat. Georgi Kay) (Wild Ones Album) - YouTube
that is totally fucked up. Loved this tune when Jochen miller played it at ASOT 550 Den Bosch set around 20 minute mark

flo rida sounds fucking garbage holy shit

but with this mashup

Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #68

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
good read about EDM

EDM Artists are destroying EDM not Americans… |

sellouts/artists are basically ruining americas EDM. Seriously, why cant everyone just listen to european trance and just stick with it. The DJs are better and less dramatic in the media but the problem is that they are not mainstream enough like the house guys who are controlling zombies who listen to levels 24/7..... fuck em
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #69
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post

Original song;

Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind (Axwell Mix Edit) - YouTube

Flo rida version:

Flo Rida - In My Mind (Part 2) (Feat. Georgi Kay) (Wild Ones Album) - YouTube
And it's that fucker that ruined Levels for me, ESPECIALLY considering that almost no one seems to know that it's a Levels remix. I facepalmed HARD when I saw the Youtube comments for Good Feeling, with retards saying that LEVELS was a remix of GOOD FEELING.

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 06-26-2012 at 07:04 AM.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #70
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't listen to stuff even from the 80's, and I'm born in the 80's.
Stuff from the 90's give me a nostalgic feeling, but I don't go looking for it. Music and people continue to move as time goes imo.

Maybe I'll understand when I get older, but I don't understand how my parents (or parents in general) seem to stay stuck in music
of "their time". When it's 2030, I imagine myself listening to music from the 2030's, not stuck listening to music from 2012.
Its already happening to me.

I'd much rather listen to rap from the 90's, than todays rap. Now, you ask todays kids, and some of them are starting to say 'whose 2pac?' (Well, not quite yet.. But you get my drift).

But for me, personally, as I am getting older, I enjoy music in all forms now. No more hatin, just appreciatin
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #71

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
techno, trance, dubstep & those kind of music are here to stay period, its just like when hard rock came out & ppl some ppl thought it was satans music made by the devil

i been blasting off daft punk at work all month long, i been a big fan of them

well EDM is here to stay period as its not just a trend, im still gonna blast off to daft punk & other great edm artists when im 60 yrs old period

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #72
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i was listening to the radio and they played some warren g and called it "old school" FML

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #73

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
im getting it was the beat 94.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #74
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I agree with Guetta.

David Guetta: lord of dance | Music | The Observer

"Having come from an underground culture that relentlessly analyses itself, the dance music world often frowns upon mainstream commercial success. There are relatively few acts which have managed to combine huge success while retaining credibility. "In a way, this is what killed dance music for so many years," argues Guetta. "That spirit of wanting to keep this only for ourselves, and anything that's successful is bad. That culture that goes in a cycle where everybody loves someone and they're all talking about him, and then in one second, because he's successful, 'Ah, fuck him, he's bullshit!' What? But you were saying the same guy was a genius last year, now he's the worst person?"
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #75
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
good read about EDM

EDM Artists are destroying EDM not Americans… |

sellouts/artists are basically ruining americas EDM. Seriously, why cant everyone just listen to european trance and just stick with it. The DJs are better and less dramatic in the media but the problem is that they are not mainstream enough like the house guys who are controlling zombies who listen to levels 24/7..... fuck em

great article
2000 Acura Integra Type R #858 -- original owner
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote