REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   What to do when wheels leak air? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/670077-what-do-when-wheels-leak-air.html)

Pumbaa 06-25-2012 03:07 PM

What to do when wheels leak air?

I recently change my tires from RFT to all season tires.
I've been pumping air every 7-10 days. I believe my wheels are leaking air.
How should I fix it? I've read on few sites, everyone has different take.
I just want to know what do most of you do?
BTW, would this be part of BMW's coverage?

Thanks for any input!

dlo 06-25-2012 03:11 PM

figure out whether or not its ur WHEELS or ur TIRES first lol

BoostedBB6 06-25-2012 03:16 PM

If its wheels then you have some problems.

Probably a small puncture in the tire or a bad bead on the tire letting some air out.

Take off the wheel and submerge in a big tub of water and wait for bubbles or try the soapy water solution and see if you can locate bubbles.
If its the tire have it repaired/replace if its the wheel then TIME TO UPGRADE!!!! HELLAFLUSH YO!!!

TOS'd 06-25-2012 03:18 PM

If tires, take it to Fountain Tire. Sometimes they will fix it for free.

AW607 06-25-2012 06:33 PM

Could be one of three things

- You may have a very small puncture in your tire that would not be visible to the naked eye. Dunk it in some water, or apply some soapy water and check for bubbles.
- Depending on the age of your tires, you may also have a leak in the bead, between the bead of the tire and the lip of your wheel.
- Your valve stem may be faulty, probably needs to be replaced.

Go check it out at a Kal Tire or another tire shop that's closest to you. They may charge you very little or probably won't charge you at all if you want to get it checked out.

Yodamaster 06-25-2012 08:32 PM

If your wheels are leaking air... I would patent it and sell it as the cure for global warming.

Check to see if your valve stem isn't fucked up.

mb_ 06-25-2012 08:35 PM

Check your valve stem, someone may have fucked with it :lawl:

MTV Cribs 06-25-2012 08:40 PM

When my wheels leaks air, I just trade the car in for a new one since I'm too lazy to pump air into it or get it fix. I recommend you do this too :accepted:

falcon 06-25-2012 10:01 PM

Either there is a small puncture that is hard to spot, or youre leaking from a faulty valve stem. And no, tires are most definitely not covered under warranty.

StylinRed 06-26-2012 04:43 AM

one of my wheels leaked air turned out it had bent/cracked on the inside so it wasn't able to hold the air in

registrar 06-26-2012 07:26 AM

Why not you bring it back to RFT if you bought tires from them? lost your receipt?

Tire air leaking probably has two major reasons

1) Nailed
2) Valve stem installed improperly or defective valve stem

Good luck!

bcrdukes 06-26-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by registrar (Post 7959120)
Why not you bring it back to RFT if you bought tires from them? lost your receipt?

RFT is not a shop. It stands for run-flat tires.