REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Buy/installed tires from US (https://www.revscene.net/forums/670776-buy-installed-tires-us.html)

extracrunchie 07-11-2012 02:30 PM

Buy/installed tires from US

So I am heading to Seattle for a day trip and was wondering how many of you guys go to US to buy/install tires?

Any recommendations? I heard of Discount tire but wondering if there were more.

I rather do that then having tires shipped to point roberts, picking it up and hauling it to a shop.

racerman88 07-14-2012 02:23 PM

do a search, I think someone here ordered their tires at discount tire to make sure they were in stock then drove down and had them installed.

racerman88 07-14-2012 02:25 PM

This is from bcsportbikes forum:

Shout out to Discount Tire.

I needed to put new rubber on the Gremlin. I've heard a lot about pricing at Discount Tire in Bellingham so I took a look online. They open at 8AM on Saturday so I bailed on the ThunderAce ride and was waiting in the parking lot at 7:30.

By 8:35 I was back on the road rolling on brand new Good Year Eagle GT's. A quick stop in Aldergrove to give Stephen Harper his share and I was home in the driveway by 9:45.

Quick and professional work. My rims weren't marked up. Tires as smooth as glass on the way home. Fair pricing. Great reading material in the waiting area - Rider, Automobile and RoadracingWorld magazines. I could watch my car the whole time. AND ONLY 35 MINUTES!

A great choice for car and truck rubber if you're in the market.

Akinari 07-14-2012 02:39 PM

I'm always down at Discount Tire when I need new rubber. If you want even more savings, head down to Oregon :troll:

dlo 07-14-2012 03:46 PM

discount tire is where its at lol they were willing to match the pricing from tirerack for me

syee 07-14-2012 10:04 PM

TireRack will also ship to one of their approved installers if you don't want to ship it to one of the receiving places in PR or Blaine. You should see the option when checking out.

604STIG 07-16-2012 12:22 PM

I've gone to Discount Tire, great experience. I called a couple of days ahead to make sure they had what I wanted, they never so he ordered them in for me and dropped the price too when I told him I was coming down from Canada. Dropped of my ride, went across the lot to Fred Meyer and ate lunch, by the time I came back (40 minutes) the car was in the lot ready to roll.

heleu 07-18-2012 09:23 AM

Discount tire runs their own stores.

Tirerack.com will ship to an authorized installer, but you need to keep an eye on the mounting/balancing fees as they will vary.

Discount tire is generally the cheapest, but Tirerack tends to have a larger selection and is sometimes cheaper.

tiger_handheld 07-18-2012 09:42 AM

1) buy from Onlinetires.com (a lot cheaper than discounttire /tirerack / walmart - selection is good too)
2) ship to blaine
3) wait two weeks for it to arrive
4) pick up tires and head to Walmart for install ($70 all fees included)
5) continue to Seattle along I5

If you dont want to wait two weeks - +1 for Discount Tire. You can get some munchies at Fred Meyer too :)

1exotic 07-18-2012 11:04 AM

^ this but avoid walmart and go to an actual wheel place ,
don't have some retarded american kid damage your wheels at walmart

Shorn 07-18-2012 11:07 AM

when i got my vmr's i had hookups and got them sent to tirerack. then tirerack mounted 'em for free (hankook v12's) and shipped it to pt roberts.

roughly $1800 all together