REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   have anyone done laser eyes surgery? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/670825-have-anyone-done-laser-eyes-surgery.html)

absolute_zer0o 07-12-2012 11:38 AM

have anyone done laser eyes surgery?

have anyone done laser eyes surgery? i am thinking of getting it done
i went to london eyes centre it says it cost $4000 for intra-lase sbk. knock 500 off if you hv a referral
im going to kings lasik on monday.
anyone have places recommended?and how you feel after doing the surgery. any long term post complication ??

racerman88 07-14-2012 02:43 PM

No problems yet. Go for the consultation and that should knock the price down more. Good after care that is included in the price

racerman88 07-14-2012 02:44 PM

If you do a search, there was a thread on this topic

Cossack 07-14-2012 05:19 PM

I've done at London back years ago... Amazing results , the other good thing that you come back for another surgery if you need it and it will be free of charge . So it sorda life time warranty

eurochevy 07-14-2012 05:42 PM

i went to pacific laser eye centre had it done almost 2 full years ago .. best thing i've ever done

eurochevy 07-14-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cossack (Post 7975470)
I've done at London back years ago... Amazing results , the other good thing that you come back for another surgery if you need it and it will be free of charge . So it sorda life time warranty

that doesn't include over time though..im sure they just meant if the results didn't come how u expected / the job was a bit botched / didn't go over very well they will redo it

LiquidTurbo 07-14-2012 10:44 PM

Coal Harbour Eye Center PRK, $1500 all in. Took about 8 weeks but I'm finally seeing 20/20

Ch28 08-14-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolute_zer0o (Post 7973531)
im going to kings lasik on monday.

Did you end up going to King Lasik?

How was it?

eclipseman 08-14-2012 09:03 PM

How long do these procedures typically take? I'm not fond of sticking shit in my eyes, so the less time it takes, the better.

Oleophobic 08-14-2012 09:40 PM

I really want to get it done next year but I've heard so many stories of people having great day vision but poor night vision to the point where they still have to wear glasses in order to drive at night....

Can anyone comment on this? This is the main thing that's making me hesitant to go through with it

LiquidTurbo 08-14-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 8003751)
I really want to get it done next year but I've heard so many stories of people having great day vision but poor night vision to the point where they still have to wear glasses in order to drive at night....

Can anyone comment on this? This is the main thing that's making me hesitant to go through with it

This is where I'm at right now. 3 months after PRK @ Coal Harbour.

Teh Doucher 08-14-2012 11:39 PM

ewww PRK. sorry but for me, its laser or nothing. i've also been thinking of getting the surgery done but didnt know about that night vision thing and im kinda not liking the idea anymore..

LiquidTurbo 08-15-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh Doucher (Post 8003865)
ewww PRK. sorry but for me, its laser or nothing. i've also been thinking of getting the surgery done but didnt know about that night vision thing and im kinda not liking the idea anymore..

You mean "LASIK or nothing?"

SkinnyPupp 08-15-2012 06:13 AM

I have 2 friends who had this done. One has no complaints that I know of.. the other is having some issues with dry eyes, and other things. They told him he was a somewhat extreme case though, so keep that in mind.

the_law82 08-15-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8004008)
I have 2 friends who had this done. One has no complaints that I know of.. the other is having some issues with dry eyes, and other things. They told him he was a somewhat extreme case though, so keep that in mind.

Funny... I also know a few people that have done it... probably 5 or so and 1 has an extreme case of dry eyes, 1 that has to go for a "touch up" surgery, and no complaints from others.

Bottom line is, it is a surgery and there is risk involved. You only have one set of eyes so make sure you consider the risk/rewards carefully.

When I was researching it a bit, I remember reading that complication rate was around 5%, with 1% being extreme cases. Too much for my risk adverse self...

silva95teg 08-15-2012 12:41 PM

I did PRK at London a year and a half ago. It worked out amazingly well for me and i am very happy to have done it. I have a friend that went shortly after though and she is having dry eye issues, although she had problems with dry eye prior to the surgery as well.

I will tell you one thing though, PRK is quite painful during the healing process. I basically stayed in bed for about 30 hours straight, just getting up to eat and go to the washroom. I personally went with it though because i did not want any kind of cutting done to my eye.

MadMax 08-20-2012 09:15 PM

PRK was a snap for me. No pain. It is the best version to get if you are active (boxing, diving etc). Lasik is the one where they physically cut the eye then laser it. PRK involves no cutting but takes longer for the final result to come through. I dive, I box, PRK was the only option. It is also the only laser eye surgery that military pilots are allowed to get. Lasik is not allowed.

Majestic12 08-20-2012 10:12 PM

Did it something like 8 years ago. Best thing ever. Some downsides. When I get fatigued from staying up too late, or staring at screens/books too long, I sometimes get double vision. Also, at night time, my vision isn't as good because of bright lights from headlights and I can't make out as much detail. But the impairment isn't enough to warrant me getting glasses for night driving.

Any regrets? None at all. It's an awesome feeling waking up in the morning and being able to see everything around you.