REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Chinese food near Pacific Centre (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671049-chinese-food-near-pacific-centre.html)

bbbj 07-17-2012 09:58 PM

Chinese food near Pacific Centre

So I've been working in the Scotiatower building (Georgia & Seymour) for four months now, and I seriously need to find some good chinese food for lunch. Basically anything within 15 min walking of pacific centre.. is there any dim sum around there??? I know there is Chinatown but I'm wondering is there anything closer to the downtown core.. I know theres those two crap fast food joints in PC and International village on hornby.. I even went all the way to Royal Centre to Victoria dimsum even though I knew it sucks.. from what i've seen just walking around during lunch hours around the area there isn't anything good.. anyone tried that taiwanese beef noodle place beside Dae Ji on Pender??

zx7rrrr 07-17-2012 10:32 PM

su hangs on granville.

TRDood 07-17-2012 10:38 PM

What type of chinese food you looking for? Cheap cafe style? Dim sum? Noodles/rice/congee? White chinese food?

dasani604 07-17-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7978212)
What type of chinese food you looking for? Cheap cafe style? Dim sum? Noodles/rice/congee? White chinese food?

If you have the knowledge of all the types you just listed, please do tell (not particularly White Chinese food, but it may appeal to the OP).

Not to hijack OP's question, but does anyone know of any Mainland style food restaurants in Downtown? I've taken a liking to their cuisine after going to Nine Dishes (even though it was mainly Sichuan cuisine).

LC21 07-17-2012 11:38 PM

Kirin's on alberni

godwin 07-18-2012 01:16 AM

Victoria at the basement of Royal Bank building?
Imperial at the Marine Building?

Spoon 07-18-2012 05:58 AM

Cafe Joyeux is pretty good.
Joyeaux-cafe-restaurant.com - Home

They serve mainly Vietnamese food though.

bbbj 07-18-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7978212)

Any kind of chinese food except white chinese food.. I searched urbanspoon and supposedly theres a shanghai place opening on richards soon... lol

donjalapeno 07-19-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbj (Post 7978174)
So I've been working in the Scotiatower building (Georgia & Seymour) for four months now, and I seriously need to find some good chinese food for lunch. Basically anything within 15 min walking of pacific centre.. is there any dim sum around there??? I know there is Chinatown but I'm wondering is there anything closer to the downtown core.. I know theres those two crap fast food joints in PC and International village on hornby.. I even went all the way to Royal Centre to Victoria dimsum even though I knew it sucks.. from what i've seen just walking around during lunch hours around the area there isn't anything good.. anyone tried that taiwanese beef noodle place beside Dae Ji on Pender??

:sweetjesus: ........kimchi fried rice + chicken cutlets

and dae ji is on dunsmir not pender