REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Salon to dye hair for men? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671217-salon-dye-hair-men.html)

dygital 07-21-2012 09:00 PM

Salon to dye hair for men?

Hey everyone,

I was looking to get my hair dyed brown(I'm a guy) and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for a place that isn't overly expensive? I tried a box dye and it didn't work at all (black black chinese hair). So if you guys know a place that'd be great! Thanks :D

sekin67835 07-21-2012 09:28 PM

If your hair has no dye in it, get a color that is way lighter than what you want. This way you will get a closer color to the brown you want. You can get japanese dye at Aberdeen at those cosmetic stores or at Osaka at yohan.

If you really want to go to a salon, misako frequently has specials.

dygital 07-21-2012 09:36 PM

I bought a blonde/brown and left it in almost twice as long as the box said , didn;t work :(

dlo 07-22-2012 02:03 AM

Bleach ur hair first and do it, should work like a charm

Verdasco 07-22-2012 10:56 AM

if u bleach it twice, prepare to feel some scalp burns!

also, do not go misake, i paid like 100 bucks once and never will i pay for expensive haircut/dye again. Do it yourself and make sure to pick a WAY LIGHTER colour to dye because if u pick a medium one, it will be hard to come out.. like the other poster have stated.

dygital 07-25-2012 03:49 AM

I know I'll need to bleach it, which is why I want to go to a salon, scared of ending up with white hair and burn marks all over my head.

rageguy 07-31-2012 05:30 PM

Anyone have experience on those japanese hair dye kits at Aberdeen? Do they work better on black hair people compared to stuff from Superstore like L'Oreal?

<3 envee 08-01-2012 12:04 PM

^ Hmm...if you're talking about the palty hair dyes, I find that they do work better. But don't get the shampoo ones because I find that they're not as good as the regular ones. Not too sure about the Superstore ones, but I used a L'Oreal once, and literally nothing happened to my hair.

Does anyone know if it's hard to get a burgundy brown from black?

sekin67835 08-01-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageguy (Post 7990877)
Anyone have experience on those japanese hair dye kits at Aberdeen? Do they work better on black hair people compared to stuff from Superstore like L'Oreal?

I used the one that you apply like wax. You can DIY with that one and the color was pretty nice. Or if your serious about getting a color change, get the gatsby bleach ex. Your hair color will change. ( you might want to even leave it on for less time)