REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   7800 Alderbridge Way Hit and Run ~1:40pm - 3:45pm (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671769-7800-alderbridge-way-hit-run-%7E1-40pm-3-45pm.html)

z3german 08-02-2012 06:23 PM

7800 Alderbridge Way Hit and Run ~1:40pm - 3:45pm

Putting up signs, talking to other people in the lot today and got a lead. Called the lead and got them to admit it, ALL DEALT WITH HOPEFULLY! Bikes gonna be alright!

Just got my bike a month ago (I have to pay my first bike payments in fucking 1-2 days) and this bull shit happens. It happened when I was at work and I am in the process of finding out who this fucker is.

If anyone witnessed it or has licence plate number of this douche fuck twat please msg me.

DOES ANYONE HAVE HOOKUPS WITH OEM PARTS? I just need 1 small plastic piece on the tail that i need a part for... MSG me if you have hook ups or are the hook up and i can tell you specifically what part.

Pictures and what i believe happened in the spoiler. :QQ::QQ::fuuuuu:

Spoiler!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64423098/Hit...%2051%20PM.jpg

I put this picture outside of spoilers because after the vehicle struck my bike it fell over on the right side. I have minor tiny almost unnoticable scuffs on the usual spots; bar end, clutch, footpeg, muffler. BUT WITHOUT THE FRAME SLIDERS I WOULD BE OUT AN ENTIRE RIGHT SIDE FAIRING. This would cost me 600+ easily. GET FRAME SLIDERS, THEY ARE INVALUABLE. I am so happy that imperial motorcycles pushed me to get the frame sliders when i thought about skimping on them because i spent so much on gear. Learn from my luck!

alex.w *// 08-02-2012 07:39 PM

yes, frame slider saves bikes!

Gwilo 08-02-2012 07:53 PM

Love to help with my knowledge and sources but

As I am Gay and

From your post

.....hit my bike and it fell over on its right side so when the fag looked in the rear view....

My reply is

SCREW YOU

CharlieH 08-02-2012 08:31 PM

^

im sure OP is just frustrated and used the word out of anger towards the driver. we love our gays <3

z3german 08-02-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 7992862)

As I am Gay and

From your post

.....hit my bike and it fell over on its right side so when the fag looked in the rear view....

My reply is

SCREW YOU

Sorry if i offended, im 100% fine with gays. and if you dont want to help me because of that word than fine. If i never posted i would have not had your help anyways and you just taking the time to post and tell me you arnt going to help me is just a... cant even describe it. Im just too pissed and tired with the days events.

ps edited the word out, ive cooled down ish and i could have used better words.

rk604 08-02-2012 09:30 PM

It happens OP...I hope you have collision insurance so it can be fully covered by ICBC. If you're looking for parts, check out "The Chop-Shop". They buy written off bikes from ICBC and either strips it for parts OR fix and sell. If your fairing is not cracked, you might be better off just repainting it. Another option is getting a full set of ebay/china/aftermarket fairings, just make sure you do a bit of research which seller sells decent fitted sets.

Goodluck

z3german 08-02-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 7992977)
It happens OP...I hope you have collision insurance so it can be fully covered by ICBC. If you're looking for parts, check out "The Chop-Shop". They buy written off bikes from ICBC and either strips it for parts OR fix and sell. If your fairing is not cracked, you might be better off just repainting it. Another option is getting a full set of ebay/china/aftermarket fairings, just make sure you do a bit of research which seller sells decent fitted sets.

Goodluck

Not a single scratch on the fairings, very very lucky of me. The only part i need to replace is that cracked top part of the tail light. tail light is not cracked, and even the bottom part of that housing isnt cracked so its not THAT bad in perspective.

But if i find the hit and runner im going to make them fix everything, muffler, paint chip on my gas tank, the whole works.

Thanks for the chop shop name, just emailed hopefully they will have a hit.

z3german 08-03-2012 05:03 PM

Got a lead and followed it! Called them and they eventually fessed up. Everything hopefully gonna be solved, either 3rd party or ICBC. But it sounds like they want 3rd party.

vafanculo 08-03-2012 05:08 PM

Since they did a hit and run, don't even give them a chance to square up. Go straight to icbc.

Raid3n 08-03-2012 09:06 PM

if they don't want their insurance rates to go up, they can pay out icbc when the claim goes thru. avoid any hassle and just do it thru icbc.

racerman88 08-03-2012 09:56 PM

Did you record them admitting to the hit and run? If everything is covered by ICBC on their dime, go to a dealer and get everything replaced with OEM.

z3german 08-04-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 7993762)
if they don't want their insurance rates to go up, they can pay out icbc when the claim goes thru. avoid any hassle and just do it thru icbc.

I called in to ICBC and yea i think i will probably do that then. Lol you know they first offered me 100$ to settle it LOL.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 7993803)
Did you record them admitting to the hit and run? If everything is covered by ICBC on their dime, go to a dealer and get everything replaced with OEM.

I didnt record them but i checked with ICBC about that possibility of them not admitting it, she said they probably wont back down now and the adjuster could probably tell the damage of the truck that hit my bike. Finger crossed x.x

Raid3n 08-04-2012 09:40 AM

they'll bring both venichles in to match them up, and it's a good thing you took pictures before moving anything. gives them something to go on.

z3german 08-07-2012 08:42 PM

They flaked on their word. Now they are suddenly saying they did not do it. So i am still looking for witnesses. Between the time they admitted it till today, i have gathered some evidence that proves they said they did it, but its not solid. Its decent, but not FOR SURE. Its definetly enough to open a case.

Since they admitted it I have been calling them everyday to tell them to give me the licence plate number so i can refer it to ICBC. They kept giving excuses until today i was fed up saying "its a company vehicle, i know you have the licence plate. Ive been patient enough, now it just feels like you are dicking me around". My suspicions are that they took the time to fix up, or part out the damaged parts with the time they delayed. Its a white commercial van, its very easy to go to a scrap yard and find those parts mega cheap.

I am not editing the original post because it shows i edited it at the specific date they admitted it to me.

A lot of revsceners are not here to support me, but those who are rooting for me, wish me luck!

racerman88 08-07-2012 09:14 PM

if you know what company the vehicle came from, try to track it down and let ICBC know. They are pretty good at matching up damage and seeing if repair work has been done.

CharlieH 08-07-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 7997069)

A lot of revsceners are not here to support me, but those who are rooting for me, wish me luck!

dude, you have a few scratches on your frame slider, and a chipped piece off the tail. it's not like somebody ran you over and then left you for dead. you're lucky as hell considering your fairings are perfectly fine, and there's only minor cosmetic damage. so quit making it into such a big deal. we would most certainly support you if you had gotten hurt or something but this is just silly.

the problem with threatening to go through icbc is that the other party will deny til they die. you have no voice recording, no witnesses, no proof. should have at least used a friend as a fake witness or something :fullofwin: good luck on getting everything resolved, but if shit hits the fan you can always find parts for really cheap on gixxer.com or call brad at the chop shop.

z3german 08-08-2012 11:35 AM

lol! isolating that line makes me feel like such a bitch. Not my intention! Moreso for the thread I posted in the offtopic automotive section cause of the trolls.

TBH once the chipped damage is fixed i dont really care. Gives me more reason to keep my bike long term rather than sell it off. Just bums me out that bikes only got 1.6k km on it and the damage on it basically takes away the option of selling it, something I might have considered in sept/oct since it was in perfect condition and got a pretty good deal on it.

Maybe its just my writing style that makes it seems like its a huge deal, my only intention is to find witnesses, or information that can help pin these lying mother fuckers. Before I found the company I already accepted the loss and was looking for tail ends online, now its a diff ball game. I want to pin these people to fix everything! (quoted damage for everything is +1k)

btw charlieH check out the meets section, I made a motorcycle meet. maybe you want to join in for the ride or to lead the ride since you are a tonne more experienced than me

Naka San 08-08-2012 01:27 PM

^ It has to happen once...so far I've been riding enough to see either everyone drop it once or fall on it once. I hate to say it but the moment you decide to go with a motorcycle be prepared for this sorta stuff that could happen.

z3german 08-08-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil IX (Post 7997750)
^ It has to happen once...so far I've been riding enough to see either everyone drop it once or fall on it once. I hate to say it but the moment you decide to go with a motorcycle be prepared for this sorta stuff that could happen.

Yea, I hear so many stories about it. Just never thought it would happen to me so quickly.

I will be looking at decreasing the deductible rates for ICBC, if i had the regular $500 one I would have instantly paid $300 to get it covered. but because my collision rate is at $1000 (only did it because i thought to myself that if i did crash, its my fault and i should suck it up and pay. didnt ever consider hit and runs) I qualify for the "hit and run fund " that ICBC has which is at $750, which is absurd.....

fT-z33wor 08-08-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 7992862)

As I am Gay and

From your post

My reply is

SCREW YOU

http://i40.tinypic.com/ay1ec.jpg

CharlieH 08-08-2012 05:16 PM

lol i dropped my gixxer 3 times, all inside my driveway at a stand still. once when i was baked and hopped on the bike to make vroom vroom noises, once when i was sitting on the bike texting my gf, and once when my kick stand wasn't all the way down :okay:. it hurts less and less each time hahaha

rk604 08-08-2012 07:56 PM

happened 4 times on my cbr...3 of them was standing still on my driveway, forgot to put kickstand down. the last one was me going too fast into a turn, too new/pussy to lean so i went wide :)

zelloss 08-08-2012 10:49 PM

Yep...we all drop our bikes sooner or later. I was such a noob I dropped mine twice on the way home from the seller's place:failed: Also dropped it once while just sitting on the bike; shifted my weight around and before I knew it, the bike was on its side. Thank god for frame sliders!

Prolowtone 08-09-2012 02:37 AM

2 of my friends just got bikes (Brothers)... They have both dropped the bikes making u-turns and hitting gravel or mud, Stopping to fast in the gravel driveway and almost falling into the room mates car, moving them around the parking area, and most recently hitting the back brakes in a corner going "To fast" etc. I dropped my dirt bike a few times, but thats kinda different :lol:

Back on topic- Good luck OP